What's new

White House Set to Sell New Fighter Jets to Pakistan in Bid to Bolster Partnership

Should Pakistan go for this offer?

• No thanks Uncle Sam.

Votes: 89 57.8%
  • Yes, offcourse F16 an awesome machine.

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • We need a twin Engine Jet. CA/F18 would be best

Votes: 18 11.7%

• Total voters
I remember in 2005, when Pakistan was seeking around 72 f-16s, Lockheed played this production line shutting down, jobs layoff drama.....and it is 2015 and they are doing the same.........

You already have a number of f16s in your inventory. Su 35 would have longer range and payload better for navy and strike missions from seas and a large powerful radar like a mini awacs that would assist interceptor planes as an equalizer. Even Chinese J11 has similar merits to Su series that f16 and Jf17 are not specialized at. By approaching nice and coming with offers perhaps with the demand of reducing your nuclear capability you cant know what usa can turn into when things get serious. At least in terms of spares usa is trustable or not decide yourself looking at past and please put the f16 romanticism and good memories aside. You wont have the budget to buy the large birds if spent on this. Russia can be convinced more easily to sell them after this offer though.

Are you telling Pakistanis to know more about F-16s ?omg ?lolzz
Guess what , we knew more then even the manufacturer himself ?
But with that knowledge ,that dam pice of shyt can't protect us in kargill like war ?
So what's the dam point having it ?
with all of american weapons in our inventory , its always their dam congress cutting our supplies at the monument we needed the most, we have enough of that shyt ,& its time to move on ?
if they can give ,we will take ,if they don't we don't needed it ,simple ?
& any way we will get the real beast $u-35 , soon .

Pakistan knows everything about F-16s what it needs know as a user. We ain't looking to manufacture them at our own.

What is it that you would have liked F-16s to do in Kargil? Be specific please. I can assure you if Pakistan had 500 Su-35s or even 1000 F-22 at that time, result would still be same. This is what happens when Generals make stupid plans and fail to look at broader picture. I have all my respect for those who fought valiantly at Kargil but those Generals who thought it will be just another skirmish at LoC are responsible for sending our sons to their death.

8 F-16's is not a game changer. Its not even a pin-prick.

Pakistan should ask about getting A-10 Thunderbolts. They will be highly effective against TTP in Tribal Areas and against Indian Armored Forces.

Pakistan knows everything about F-16s what it needs know as a user. We ain't looking to manufacture them at our own.

What is it that you would have liked F-16s to do in Kargil? Be specific please. I can assure you if Pakistan had 500 Su-35s or even 1000 F-22 at that time, result would still be same. This is what happens when Generals make stupid plans and fail to look at broader picture. I have all my respect for those who fought valiantly at Kargil but those Generals who thought it will be just another skirmish at LoC are responsible for sending our sons to their death.

It is a separate debate. But Kargil was a very good plan that was very poorly implemented. There were no contingency plans about Indian reactions and international pressure at diplomatic front.

It is a separate debate. But Kargil was a very good plan that was very poorly implemented. There were no contingency plans about Indian reactions and international pressure at diplomatic front.

If there was no plan to counter how they and entire world will react then how it was a good plan? That too at a time when we were condemned to sanctions? It was doomed to fail the moment it was conceived!

But you are right it is a separate debate. On Topic:

How have people come to the conclusion that just 8 F-16s means we are stopped from other acquisitions? You think it's a lollipop? Fine. Why don't you take the lollipop, say thanks and then say OK let me check that Russian caviar too! Why not? There are so many countries who do business with everyone. You do the same.

Cool but the number should be no less than 20-25.

We need 100+ Operational F-16 fleet
The fleet already is around 84+-?

Original + 1 or 2 ??? Sqd (sanctioned one),+1 Sqd New 52+,1 Sqd from Jordan + 2 more sanctioned jets that arrived 2 weeks back.,.

If there was no plan to counter how they and entire world will react then how it was a good plan? That too at a time when we were condemned to sanctions? It was doomed to fail the moment it was conceived!

But you are right it is a separate debate. On Topic:

How have people come to the conclusion that just 8 F-16s means we are stopped from other acquisitions? You think it's a lollipop? Fine. Why don't you take the lollipop, say thanks and then say OK let me check that Russian caviar too! Why not? There are so many countries who do business with everyone. You do the same.

These 8 jets might be the remaining "Preslers Amendment" ones?

12 or maybe 8 still remain... Apart from 18 (out of the 32) F-16 block 52+'s that were approved by US Congress.

The article says that 14 combat air crafts were delivered this year in may. It seems all the embargoed F-16s have been delivered. Previously we had 76 jets. The addition of these 14 take the number to 90. And now 8 more will make 98 jets.
Can anyone tell the exact number of F-16s in PAF?

We here at PDF only know about 2 that were returned this month ...

Confusing ..

Mr Obama keep your shit to yourself.....we don't need it even if you give it free......We keep all options and door open to the alternatives and keep our minds and hands free to develop and deploy as much as we want

8 f-16 does not bother India. Be rest assured that Pakistan will not get it.

You must be pretty upset. That's not surprising seeing as your government has complained numerous times in the past and the US has ignored you.

Complaining over the Zulu deal;

India Conveys its Concerns to US over Helicopter, Missiles Sales to Pakistan

Complaining about the F-16's;

Manohar Parrikar voices concern over arms sale to Pakistan | The Indian Express

Complaining about other weapons;

India voices concern over US equipping Pak army : Latest Headlines, News - India Today

As for the thread, Nawaz should ask for the F-18 or go for triple the number, not just 8. Of course this depends on funds...

Oh and please leave the SU-35 talk for another day. At least we have something concrete here. Unlike the mythical SU-35 deal that seems to have only happened on a PDF thread.

I thk its pretty depressing that every time we try to go east, US gives us the same old lollipop(F-16) and we are happy
Its time we demand something better
But the depressing thing is we accept, not the offer. If we have balls and muster up the courage, we show them the middle finger and walk proudly out of Washington and it will give us a sense of pride and teach them a lesson to not to treat us cheaply. But we let them treat us like that.

You must be pretty upset, that's not surprising seeing as your government has complained numerous times in the past and the US has ignored you.

Complaining over the Zulu deal;

India Conveys its Concerns to US over Helicopter, Missiles Sales to Pakistan

Complaining about the F-16's;

Manohar Parrikar voices concern over arms sale to Pakistan | The Indian Express

Complaining about other weapons;

India voices concern over US equipping Pak army : Latest Headlines, News - India Today
thats all they do.
have you seen pakistan complain about india's procurements ? i haven't
can you for the love of god change the poll and remove the f18 and put a "no thanks" there instead.

thats all they do.
have you seen pakistan complain about india's procurements ? i haven't
can you for the love of god change the poll and remove the f18 and put a "no thanks" there instead.

Good idea mate.

Good idea mate.
common sense pal,
you cant turn in one direction always, you need to look in both directions.

ok would you rather:

A) the US sell 8 f16's to pakistan and they still have they say and influence in regional policies that concern pakistan

B) rather have the US do something meaningful and invest in health, agriculture, education, technology, industry ,energy and utilities.

C)request for nothing and have nothing to do with them.

whats your pick?

Back
Top Bottom