What's new

White House Set to Sell New Fighter Jets to Pakistan in Bid to Bolster Partnership

Should Pakistan go for this offer?

• No thanks Uncle Sam.

Votes: 89 57.8%
  • Yes, offcourse F16 an awesome machine.

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • We need a twin Engine Jet. CA/F18 would be best

Votes: 18 11.7%

• Total voters
F-16s are surely our future's Mirages. With the mix up of old and new, we can cross the figure of 150 in near future...!!:sarcastic::blah:

24 off the shelf jets from Russia would be a maintenance nightmare for the PAF.

Could you please elaborate on your statement? Is there a problem with MKI's? Is India having some difficulty maintaining their aircraft or it would be the "Incompetent" **** tech's who would have a hard time maintaining these birds?

8 is better then nothing lets see what happens always remember behind the scene news are always different just like the Jordanian vipers we got what happens closed doors no one knows until the product comes home. Watch and see more vipers shall come its a no brainer.

I would tend to agree with you. The Jordanian birds came out of the blue and the transaction was surely and squarely helped by the US.

F-16s are surely our future's Mirages. With the mix up of old and new, we can cross the figure of 150 in near future...!!:sarcastic::blah:

But we have overhaul, rebuilt and upgrade capability for Mirages. That is not available for F-16s.

Could you please elaborate on your statement? Is there a problem with MKI's? Is India having some difficulty maintaining their aircraft or it would be the "Incompetent" **** tech's who would have a hard time maintaining these birds?
India has a long and well documented history of receiving poor after-sales support from Russia. The MKIs were not immune (but not the worst affected either) and have had their periods of poor availability (65%) and these issues have only recently been addressed by stepping up localisation of spares and this is for a 200+ (of 272 ordered) fleet that is made, under licence (with full ToT) in India. Localisation has helped address much of these issues and the MoD has stated on record the MKI's availability will reach 75% this year (still not great by Western standards).

For 24 birds bought off the shelf I can only imagine the issues the PAF may encounter.

HAL is also providing support services to the RMAF given the amount of investment they have made in this area (I doubt the PAF would be in receipt of any such services)

The American are using their NGO's inside Pakistan for Intelligence Gathering. American are BACKSTABBERS!!!!!

Are the Western Intelligence Agencies Using the NGOs in Pakistan? | NEVER MIND

Who doesn't? Our embassy section in Washington do not have ISI operatives? Or for that matter any other nation? Or we do not conduct espionage ops in Iran (Brotherly Country), Afghanistan, Siri Lanka, Nepal (Btw at one time Kathmandu was one of the largest ISI overseas ops under the garb of a private commercial venture)

You mean to say that we do not operate and gather intelligence on a country which has given us an allied status? We did not have clandestine ops in US while gathering equipment for nuke program and broke a lot of their local laws?

We need to grow up and smell the coffee. Need to get out of this "brotherly relationship" and "As high as the Karakorum" syndrome. Relationships between nations are not "Khandan ki politics!" But are transnational and governed by convergent interests by default. And my friend be ready for the Chinese MSS (Their foreign and counter intelligence Agency among other things) to be operating in large numbers if not already.

If KSA gives us oil on concessional rates then it also exports their brand of Islam and we look the other way because of that oil (That is another story of the mess that it has created because of the look the other way). If China is coming in a big way into Pakistan, it is because -- time for it to expand into the Indian ocean.

At the height of the Afghan war, CIA had the largest ops. in Pakistan -- then it suited us for them to have one in our land of the pure!!! Or KSA had substantial intelligence assets in Pakistan and still do!!!

Come on be real and grow up my friend and the face the realities of this world. Israel routinely conducts espionage on its only long term partner in the world and so does US on them. Even UK does and vice versa.

This is how the game is played the world over -- or it might be more understandable if I put it this way "The next door Khala keeps a sharp eye on you through the maid, who happens to be a double agent!!!!. And the same Khala comes over with sweets on Eid and halwa on 12th Rabi-ul-Awal!!!" ;)

Last edited:
India has a long and well documented history of receiving poor after-sales support from Russia. The MKIs were not immune (but not the worst affected either) and have had their periods of poor availability (65%) and these issues have only recently been addressed by stepping up localisation of spares and this is for a 200+ (of 272 ordered) fleet that is made, under licence (with full ToT) in India. Localisation has helped address much of these issues and the MoD has stated on record the MKI's availability will reach 75% this year (still not great by Western standards).

Thank you Friend. I wanted this to come from an authentic source. To my Pakistani friends -- now you know why PAF is reluctant to induct the Russian bird?? Russia lately has tons of problems in maintaining its own fleet of jets let alone fully support those of other nations.

Thank you Friend. I wanted this to come from an authentic source. To my Pakistani friends -- now you know why PAF is reluctant to induct the Russian bird?? Russia lately has tons of problems in maintaining its own fleet of jets let alone fully support those of other nations.

Do you see that kind of maintenance issue with Chinese Su-30s??

only eight, single digit :lol:

From what i remember your figure of 126 rafale fell back to 36 so doubt you hardly have anything to laugh about after a decade of flop circus.

Secondly i hardly doubt that we will be going for it as it might as well be another offer just like AH1Z viper which Pakistan still didn't accept.

We asked for it! That is the number we can currently afford! We have options to go for ten more.

Back
Top Bottom