What's new

Which stop gap fighter would you prefer for TurAF?

Which stop gap fighter for TurAF?

• Total voters
definitive the F18 variants but american weapons are a gamble.

F-18+Super+Hornet+Wallpaper+1.jpg

U.S._Navy_EA-18G_Growler_breaks_away_from_a_U.S._Air_Force_KC-135_%28altered%29.jpg

Yeah what about EA-18 G. What about Electronic Warfare. We are just dreaming stealth aircrafts. What if EA-18G jammed all our radars? Still we dont have AN/ALQ-99 variants! Even russians dont have!

But Vord might be right tho, we might want put all our focus on our national projects regardless of our F4s becoming useless. Long term wise it might be indeed the better decision to have a deficit in the short term in exchange for a massive win of strength in the long term

Exactly. This F-15 poster boy needs to understand that countries play Chess. Not Call of Duty.

I think Turkey should focus on TFX development. Current corona virus pandemic will stress many economies. Better to save your forex reserves in the near term.

Yeah what about EA-18 G. What about Electronic Warfare. We are just dreaming stealth aircrafts. What if EA-18G jammed all our radars? Still we dont have AN/ALQ-99 variants! Even russians dont have!
What are you talking about? How is a Growler going to jam all our radars? Can you please provide a brief technical analysis as to how that's possible?

And why are you advocating buying F-15s from a country that might want to "jam our radars?"

Ahhaha. You're a trip. I'm going to have fun.

Exactly. This F-15 poster boy needs to understand that countries play Chess. Not Call of Duty.

Both of u are right tho there is also the fact that the nations in our surroundings are heavily arming themself up and we arent talking about simple contracts but contracts which go into the dozens of billions with all types of armaments and we have conflicting interests with them, that needs to be calculated but drones like aksungur and akinci are fine but we also need some heavier stuff, even heavier then the hurjet.
I think Turkey should focus on TFX development. Current corona virus pandemic will stress many economies. Better to save your forex reserves in the near term.
This also an interesting perspective actually, will the nations which in our surroundings who are already in a difficult economic situation and are living of donations from their masters who themself will be in a difficult position because corona- be at the end in a position to continue the armaments purchase?

Both of u are right tho there is also the fact that the nations in our surroundings are heavily arming themself up and we arent talking about simple contracts but contracts which go into the dozens of billions with all types of armaments and we have conflicting interests with them, that needs to be calculated but drones like aksungur and akinci are fine but we also need some heavier stuff, even heavier then the hurjet.
Turkey already has a lot of heavier stuff and that's also why we're working on the TF-X. We don't need to be spending our hard-earned money right now on any foreign fighters unless they're offering 5th-gen technology that we can use for our own programs. US, especially, is out of the question. They breached their contract with the F-35 and they support and arm the PKK/YPG against us. And this "F-15 poster boy" @UkroTurk advocates buying 4th/4.5-gen aircraft from them... He doesn't even stop to think who we'd be using them against. US-supported terrorists, most likely. No country is posing a greater threat to Turkey's national interests right now than the US. Sad but true.

I'm not going to be baited into a political pissing match. If you have any valid/logical MILITARY arguments as to why we need new 4th or 4.5-gen FOREIGN fighters right now instead of waiting 3-4 years for Hurjet, I'm all ears. Otherwise, let's agree to disagree.

3-4 years for Hurjet... we don't even have an engine for it. It will take us at least 5 years to build an engine. Or we could buy a FOREIGN engine. But then and again who can trust Western countries anyway? They'll probably embargo us again.

So you would rather build a light fighter/trainer which will be ready in about 7 years than buy a 5th gen fighter which will be delivered in 3 years? All our neighbors are arming up, acquiring new jets every year and we still rely on our ageing fleet of F16s. We can't upgrade them for ever.

A conflict will erupt in the Meditarian in the next 5 years. We can't win it with Hurjets, especially due to the fact that they won't be ready.

BTW I don't think we should get 4 or 4.5 gen jets. I think we should get a 5th gen air superiority fighter, in which case the SU-57 is the only option. Most of our neighbours have either shitty old Soviet era planes or newer American planes.

In my opinion a SU-57 would be perfect. Due to its air superiority capabilities it will be a massive deterrent. Don't forget that it is in the same class as an F-22.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be baited into a political pissing match. If you have any valid/logical MILITARY arguments as to why we need new 4th or 4.5-gen FOREIGN fighters right now instead of waiting 3-4 years for Hurjet, I'm all ears. Otherwise, let's agree to disagree.

Simply since the Hurjet - which in fact is also neither ready nor a fighter - is a trainer and in no way comparable to any of the ones proposed. If he want to discuss what fighter - esp. 4th generation - you need NOW, then you cannot propose a not yet ready jet trainer.

That would be as if you ask for suggestions, which family car you would buy and constantly a bicycle is proposed.

Otherwise I agree with you especially with this sentence:

... this "F-15 poster boy" @UkroTurk ....

But plain simple to his fan-boy question:

* Pure bred fighter ,early version of F15?

*F15 X : 24 AMRAAM payload capacity the newest offer from producer.
* F15 silent eagle : Stealty F15 with very low frontal RCS as F35 and low RC as Eurofighter.
*F/A18 multirole fighter with low RCS and high end avionics and sensors.
*EF/ 18 G. You may prefer just an aircraft with EW capability as Germany.

*Eurofighter : you may be sick of americans and prefer European partnership using all NATO weapons on your new aircraft. Although EF is said to be expensive maintenance fighters , it would pay off every cent .

*F16 : old habits, hard die:)

Plain and simple: NONE ... none would be on offer and no Western country would sell you these.
I slowly get the feeling that all your poss are mostly driven my either testosterone, nationalistic ego and plain nativity.

But then and again who can trust Western countries anyway? They'll probably embargo us again.
Yet you're advocating giving them even more money and buying "stop gap" fighters from them? If we can't trust them, if they may deny us engines, how can we tryst them providing us with the spare parts for the fighters we purchase from them?

Why give our money to potential enemies who we think (we know) act against our national interests?

Isn't it the US that supports FETO in Pennsylvania?
Isn't it the US that undermined out democracy with their coup d'etat on July 15?
Isn't it the US that supports, arms and trains the PKK/YPG against us with thousands of truckloads of weapons?
Isn't it US companies who struck deals with Greek and GKRY companies undermining Turkish and Turkish Cypriot EEZ in the Mediterranean?
Isn't it the US who fired 2 missiles on TCG Muavenet and murdered our sailors just to show us that they can?
Isn't it the US who breached contract and failed to deliver us the F-35s that we PAID FOR?

YES. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yess. Fvck yesssss.

Yet some of you are still suggesting buying "stop gap" 4th-gen fighters from the US for a non-existent gap.
I'm sorry for being so blunt but HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?

Simply since the Hurjet - which in fact is also neither ready nor a fighter - is a trainer and in no way comparable to any of the ones proposed. If he want to discuss what fighter - esp. 4th generation - you need NOW, then you cannot propose a not yet ready jet trainer.
Actually, Hurjet is being configured as a light fighter. Calling it just a trainer doesn't do it justice. Hurjet will operate with an existing fleet of F-16s, as well as a large assortment of UCAVs, which Turkey has peen pumping out like they grow on trees. As a whole, it'll all be enough until the roll out of the TF-X.

Calm down you imbecile.

I literally said we should buy SU-57s and you are screaming like a dog as if I'm talking about getting American jets.

Go take your pills.

@cabatli_53 Please issue a warning to this cute fellow for his misguided attempts at trying to insult me.

Having said that, suggesting to buy the Su-57 is just as moronic as advocating an F-15 purchase.

Actually, Hurjet is being configured as a light fighter. Calling it just a trainer doesn't do it justice. Hurjet will operate with an existing fleet of F-16s, as well as a large assortment of UCAVs, which Turkey has peen pumping out like they grow on trees. As a whole, it'll all be enough until the roll out of the TF-X.

Oh come on, Hurjet is no no way in the league of any of the discussed fighters; F-15, F-16, F/A-18, Typhoon ... and you come with the not even flying Hurjet. That's pathetic.:hitwall:

@cabatli_53 Could you please lock this thread? It is a plain stupid fan-boy discussion and I'm not really sure if such low-level discussions and topics do any good.

Back
Top Bottom