What's new

Which stop gap fighter would you prefer for TurAF?

Which stop gap fighter for TurAF?

• Total voters
That's why we're building the Hurjet, the TF-X and a bunch of UCAVs. We don't need any more FOREIGN fighters is what I'm saying. If other countries want to join the TF-X program, that's fine.
How long does Hurjet take? You can replace Hürjet with fighters?
How long would TF-X take?
Thats why people saying TurAF needs at least 40-50 fighters untill TF-X is ready.

Moreover Germany producer of EF is to buy f18. US fighters are proven.

All things aside, the SU-57 is a beautiful plane.

Thats why people saying TurAF needs at least 40-50 fighters untill TF-X is ready.

Yeah we definitely need to buy some fighters. Unfortunately the west will not sell us any. We might have to go Russian.

I believe the best buy for TuAF right now and in the near future is the JF-17.

A Turkish JF-17 would be fully integrated with Turkish electronics including the new AESA, allowing Turkey to field a semi-indigenous fighter in a matter of 12 months.

Due to the tempo of operations in Syria, the JF-17s would be able to keep the wear and tear out of the F-16s, allowing them to be saved for more critical deterrence against greater foes than the SAA.

But it is not for sale , it isn't in service even:)
TurAF has load of sidewinders, Amraams what would you do with them?

They have been used in Syria already. If we were to purchase them now they would probably arrive in about 3 years.

Aselsan and Roketsan always have a solution :azn:

They have been used in Syria already. If we were to purchase them now they would probably arrive in about 3 years.

Aselsan and Roketsan always have a solution :azn:
Our pilots wouldnt get used to Russian airplanes. Maintenance and reliability of Russian technology are terrible. We need proven reliable fighters for more air-to-air missions.

Moreover Germany producer of EF is to buy f18. US fighters are proven.

Hurjet will roll out of the hangar next year (2021), first flight in 2022, and introduction to the TurAF inventory will take place by 2025 according to https://havahaber.com/hurjet-ve-milli-jet-ne-zaman-envantere-girecek/

Do you know how much strain 40-50 new FOREIGN fighters would put on Turkish military budget while we're trying to develop our own? A LOT. Likely enough to derail our efforts. We're not going to allow that. We won't make the same mistakes that undermined our national defense industry in the past.

We certainly DO NOT need any new foreign fighters (especially 4 or 4.5 gen) before 2025. We already have a strong AF and we're rolling out UCAVs like they grow on trees. This is a critical point in our history. We either make it to the 2030s as an independent nation with our own military industry, or we'll forever be enslaved to the will and demands of the West,

Our pilots wouldnt get used to Russian airplanes. Maintenance of Russian technology is terrible. We need proven reliable fighters for more air-to-air missions.

Well then our options are limited. The west won't sell us anything. Going to have go without new fighters for a long time.

Hurjet will roll out of the hangar next year (2021), first flight in 2022, and introduction to the TurAF inventory will take place by 2025 according to https://havahaber.com/hurjet-ve-milli-jet-ne-zaman-envantere-girecek/

Do you know how much strain 40-50 new FOREIGN fighters would put on Turkish military budget while we're trying to develop our own? A LOT. Likely enough to derail our efforts. We're not going to allow that. We won't make the same mistakes that undermined our national defense industry in the past.

We certainly DO NOT need any new foreign fighters (especially 4 or 4.5 gen) before 2025. We already have a strong AF and we're rolling out UCAVs like they grow on trees. This is a critical point in our history. We either make it to the 2030s as an independent nation with our own military industry, or we'll forever be enslaved to the will and demands of the West,

We can afford unnecessary stuff such as a billion dollar palace, a massive but terribly placed airport and a pointless canal which is going to cost us 70 billion yet we don't have money to buy fighters and also work on our own? Okay...

Well then our options are limited. The west won't sell us anything. Going to have go without new fighters for a long time.
Trump would sell us F15 if there weren't coronavirus shit. All fighter producer are republicans. Congress is puppet of business corporations. And Trump supports Turkey i believe they are ready to sell fighters as in video Hakan Kilic and Tolga Ozbek said.
Watch it please.
Many people saying US will sell f35s to Turkey after 10 years.
We need 50 pure fighters . Guys f15 is a pure bred figther.
If a pilot of f16 -f18 spends 2000 hours on total fly , 600-800 hours are for air-to- air missions.
But a f15 pilot spends all total amount of fly hours on air-to-air missions.!!!2000hours air to air missions!
New f15 x has 24 amraam missiles:)

Last edited:
We can afford unnecessary stuff such as a billion dollar palace, a massive but terribly placed airport and a pointless canal which is going to cost us 70 billion yet we don't have money to buy fighters and also work on our own? Okay...
I'm not going to be baited into a political pissing match. If you have any valid/logical MILITARY arguments as to why we need new 4th or 4.5-gen FOREIGN fighters right now instead of waiting 3-4 years for Hurjet, I'm all ears. Otherwise, let's agree to disagree.

definitive the F18 variants but american weapons are a gamble.

F-18+Super+Hornet+Wallpaper+1.jpg

U.S._Navy_EA-18G_Growler_breaks_away_from_a_U.S._Air_Force_KC-135_%28altered%29.jpg

Trump would sell us F15 if there weren't coronavirus shit. All fighter producer are republicans. Congress is puppet of business corporations. And Trump support Turkey, i believe they are ready to sell fighters as in video Hakan Kilic and Tolga Ozbek said.
Watch it please.

Listen kid. I don't know how old you are, but you clearly have a love affair with the F-15. It's all you talk about and it takes half the options of your so-called "poll". Perhaps you should just get an F-15 poster to hang in your bedroom and call it a good day. There's NO WAY IN HELL Turkey is buying a foreign fighter, let alone the repackaged 60's design F-15.

By the way, Hakan Kilic doesn't get to decide Turkey's defense policy. The guy can barely speak Turkish.

Listen kid. I don't know how old you are, but you clearly have a love affair with the F-15. It's all you talk about and it takes half the options of your so-called "poll". Perhaps you should just get an F-15 poster to hang in your bedroom door and call it a good day. There's NO WAY IN HELL Turkey is buying a foreign fighter, let alone the repackaged 60's design F-15.
Having a poster and being a fan of F15 is luxury just for kids?
You are mistaken, unfortunately i don't have poster at wall.
everything is clear with you. You will be ignored.

But Vord might be right tho, we might want put all our focus on our national projects regardless of our F4s becoming useless. Long term wise it might be indeed the better decision to have a deficit in the short term in exchange for a massive win of strength in the long term

Having a poster and being a fan of F15 is luxury just for kids?
You are mistaken, unfortunately i don't have poster at wall.
everything is clear with you. You will be ignored.
Very typical behavior of a teenager. Ignore everyone who disagrees with you instead of presenting a logical counter-argument. Yeah. Please go ahead and ignore me. I can't be bothered with children.

Back
Top Bottom