What's new

Which Book are you reading

upload_2017-5-16_15-26-12.jpeg

Just re read this book .

Great reading as ever.

Dont know about books, but I read this graphics novel.

upload_2017-5-20_23-43-49.png

Honest and refreshingly beautiful caricature of Kashmir. The author's illustration has a manga like feeling and flow as well. It takes many paths which seems mundane details of daily life but provides a rich insight into daily life in Kashmir. It is sad that even after being born in India I have never lived enough in Kashmir to see the real life of Kashmir. I bought the book off Amazon, best Rs 325 spent in quite some time. Oh BTW, I came to know about the book from here in PDF only. Thanks a lot folks. My favourite frame from the book.
upload_2017-5-20_23-49-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-20_23-43-14.png
    upload_2017-5-20_23-43-14.png
    347 KB · Views: 17
The Myth of strong Leader, by Archie Brown.
The Grid, by Gretchen Bakke

Forgotten_Soldier.jpg

Just finished reading this book (it's the first time i have ever read a book i found reading books boring but not anymore) i just don't know what to say! this book tells you of what a German soldier went through on Eastern Front of how every soldier actually feels on battlefield under artillery fire or when he sees a tank charging straight towards him! it truly is an amazing book everyone should give it a try no matter what.

Next up "Tigers in the mud" By Otto Carius

@Nilgiri @Desert Fox @Arsalan @Vergennes @django

and yes desert fox bro that thread is like my baby :p thank you again for opening it on a request of a newbie (as i was at that time on PDF).

Forgotten_Soldier.jpg

Just finished reading this book (it's the first time i have ever read a book i found reading books boring but not anymore) i just don't know what to say! this book tells you of what a German soldier went through on Eastern Front of how every soldier actually feels on battlefield under artillery fire or when he sees a tank charging straight towards him! it truly is an amazing book everyone should give it a try no matter what.

Next up "Tigers in the mud" By Otto Carius

@Nilgiri @Desert Fox @Arsalan @Vergennes @django
Yeah the title and author of that book seem familiar. If I'm correct the author was a French volunteer in the Wehrmacht (?).
@Vergennes

My first book on the Eastern Front was by the Belgian Walloon Fascist and volunteer Leon Degrelle called Campaign In Russia (1st English edition, translated from the original French Front de l'Est, 1941-1945). In fact I opened an entire thread on Leon Degrelle.

Degrelle, despite the Germans offering him the position of an officer in the Walloon Legion he himself created, chose instead to enlist as a humble private and earn his way up to eventually become an SS General through his own merit as a fearless soldier. Truly an embodiment of the Fascist spirit that even Hitler himself who, while personally honoring Degrelle with the Knights Cross, is famously quoted to have said to Degrelle that "You are almost unique in history. A political leader who fights as a true soldier. If i had a son, i would wish him to be like you".

A great book by a great man. This is the second edition with new title and I'm glad I own this book as it's one of my prized books.

71IZ3mMWFCL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg

Other books that I have read on the Eastern Front are Sniper On The Eastern Front by Sepp Allerberger (I hope I spelled that right) and Cross of Iron by Willi Heinrich (fictional characters and unique plot twist, the author most definitely included some of his own experience as a veteran of the Eastern Front).

and yes desert fox bro that thread is like my baby :p thank you again for opening it on a request of a newbie (as i was at that time on PDF).
Yeah man no problem. I'd hate to be the only WW2 enthusiast on this forum and so I'm glad there are other members with similar interests. Which is why I always tag you, @Psychic and @Nilgiri in my every post much to your guy's annoyance :D.

If I'm correct the author was a French volunteer in the Wehrmacht (?).

I believe he was from Alsace, and thus was able to enlist as a German in the regular Heer (but in the Grossdeutshland division - which was one of the elite).

There are inaccuracies in the book (its a personal recollection) but well worth a read...after all it would be weird if there was no human element to such. I read it some 10 years ago I believe (the French version).

There is talk of it being made into a movie by the Dutch guy that did Black Book....dunno if that has led anywhere.

Can't wait for Dunkirk later this year....should be a good one I feel.

Yeah the title and author of that book seem familiar. If I'm correct the author was a French volunteer in the Wehrmacht (?).
@Vergennes

I believe he was from Alsace, and thus was able to enlist as a German in the regular Heer (but in the Grossdeutshland division - which was one of the elite).

There are inaccuracies in the book (its a personal recollection) but well worth a read...after all it would be weird if there was no human element to such. I read it some 10 years ago I believe (the French version).

There is talk of it being made into a movie by the Dutch guy that did Black Book....dunno if that has led anywhere.

Yes his father was French and mother German and yes he was transferred to Gross Deutchland in '43 iirc yea there are some inaccuracies in the book as a lot of people pointed them out too but i read somewhere that according to him this wasn't meant to be a fully accurate book when it came to locations dates etc these were his memories his experiences during the war and memories fade away with the time.
Hope it doesn't turn into a disappointment :/
My first book on the Eastern Front was by the Belgian Walloon Fascist and volunteer Leon Degrelle called Campaign In Russia (1st English edition, translated from the original French Front de l'Est, 1941-1945). In fact I opened an entire thread on Leon Degrelle.

Degrelle, despite the Germans offering him the position of an officer in the Walloon Legion he himself created, chose instead to enlist as a humble private and earn his way up to eventually become an SS General through his own merit as a fearless soldier. Truly an embodiment of the Fascist spirit that even Hitler himself who, while personally honoring Degrelle with the Knights Cross, is famously quoted to have said to Degrelle that "You are almost unique in history. A political leader who fights as a true soldier. If i had a son, i would wish him to be like you".

A great book by a great man. This is the second edition with new title and I'm glad I own this book as it's one of my prized books.
Ah not available on Google play amazon it is than :/
Other books that I have read on the Eastern Front are Sniper On The Eastern Front by Sepp Allerberger
That is on my list too but again not available on google play sigh
Which is why I always tag you, @Psychic and @Nilgiri in my every post much to your guy's annoyance :D.
Haha no prob blke mein to kahonga ke mjhe tag kya karein janab WW2 threads most of the time ache hi hote hain.

Ah not available on Google play amazon it is than :/
No worries. Here's a free PDF version on this site.
That is on my list too but again not available on google play sigh
Yeah I bought that one for my Kindle. Kindle versions are much cheaper compared to the actual book.

But when I like a book alot I'll get the physical copy.
Haha no prob blke mein to kahonga ke mjhe tag kya karein janab WW2 threads most of the time ache hi hote hain.
Definitely bro. Aaj kal bahut busy hoon lakin jab waqt milla tho naye threads post kerroon ga issey subject pe. I'll definitely tag you guys.

Back
Top Bottom