What's new

Which Book are you reading

@Joe Shearer @Nilgiri

Have you gents read Guns, germs, and steel? Do you recommend it?

Haven't read it. Am currently reading two books simultaneously (to avoid citation fatigue!):

Audrey Truschke on Culture of Encounters: Sanskrit at the Mughal Court;
Khushwant Singh on the Fall of the Kingdom of the Punjab.

Last edited:
Thank for the link :)
Have heard a lot about this book as well obviously, never had a chance to read it. Will go through this one soon. I prefer a paper back and will get one but still the e-book link is helpful as well. I can have a preview now. Thanks a lot! :)

No problem, I am orthodox as well as far as the paperback vs electronic screen debate is concerned, but admittedly it is increasingly easier to access rarer sources online nowadays as compared to on paperback.

No problem, I am orthodox as well as far as the paperback vs electronic screen debate is concerned, but admittedly it is increasingly easier to access rarer sources online nowadays as compared to on paperback.
No doubt about that. Plus it is that i "prefer" a paper back not that i wont read an electronic one :P
Some rare books are hard to get in hard form so that is where e-books come in handy. Plus an added advantage is that i can get a free of cost electronic preview and then decide if i want it for my collection or not :) Quite handy indeed!

I am starting this threat where members can share their knowledge about the books they are currently reading or have just finished. They may share their reviews of books, provide quotes from books or give summaries. I think it will help members to learn a lot from each other's readings.

I am reading "Political Philosophy from Plato to Mao" written by Martin Cohen (Pluto Press, 2001). I will share some thoughts on it the moment i finish it.

Thanks.
i m reading one liner Capsule by ilmi.:p:

Better written than many other (older) political books.
nZ4qRyn.jpg

Reading 'IT' by Stephan King. being that it's October and Halloween is around the corner. book is quiet long and need I say scary as ****.

220px-It25thanniversary.jpg

This is a book that i want to read so badly right now but i dont think i can get it in Pakistan.:(
I know its a great book because ive read an excerpt somewhere else.

images

Last edited:
Currently reading "The Iliad". I've also purchased "The Odyssey", but I'm reading Iliad first.

iliad-1.gif

Only about 100 pages in to the main story, and already I've become quite fond of Homer describing almost every man on Zeus' green earth as 'godlike', and other descriptions, such as 'horse-taming' and 'warlike'.

I am looking for a book on Pakistan army, operations or on the institution itself. Any recommendations?

I am looking for a book on Pakistan army, operations or on the institution itself. Any recommendations?

1. Cross Swords by Shuja Nawaz (Authori is the Brother of Gen Asif Nawaz Janjua Shaheed)
2. Profiles of Intelligence by Brigadier Tirmazi (A great book by Brigadier Irshad Ahmad Tirmazi, ISI Counter Intel Bureau's Sector Commander) The Best book i'd say.

Back
Top Bottom