What's new

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

• KLJ-7A AESA fire control radar

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • Vixen 1000E AESA fire control radar

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wang brother, your anger is justified and the rubbish about old people verses new people ends HERE AND NOW! Hey, "old people" listen up loud and clear from ME, another old person... just because you maybe a PAF veteran does not make you an authority over anything. This "maroobiat" slave mentality is prevalent among people of south Asia and albeit it is thankfully receding,b it is still there and effects all of us to one degree or another to an extent where any piece of junk that is even remotely western makes our eyes light up. I know because i have military veterans in my own family and SOME of them think exactly like that, thankfully most don't. Well here is the cold harsh reality about the Chinese "junk":

1. Chinese junk tanks have been the backbone of the Pakistan Army for decades and were effective enough to scare the crap out of not only the 3 times larger indian tanks but also the monstrous soviet armored armada on the afghan border.

2. Chinese junk F6 and F7 fighters have been a very powerful backbone of the PAF and have been effective enough in keeping the indians far away from our airspace.

3. Chinese junk naval frigates, missile boats and choppers have been effective enough in keeping the indian navy at bay not to mention, ensuring that the us naval fleet behaves itself.

4. This same Chinese junk gives the japanese military nightmares.

5. This same Chinese junk gives the americans nightmares.

The list goes on and on.

So do yourselves a favor and WAKE HELL UP! Snap out of this western impressed mentality for goodness sakes, western crap isn't God sent. Yes, Chinese equipment WAS lagging behind once upon a time but it has now caught up and in some areas, it has even surpassed the west. There is a reason why the only super power in the world sails very cautiously in the south China seas, they know that their equipment is not all that they have propagandized it to be and they also know that the Chinese equipment is as advanced as their own.

Be thankful to Allah that Pakistan has the advantage that no Muslim country in the world does, a strong loyal friend like China.

Snap out of your slave mindsets and see the reality with your own eyes instead of through the archaic western lens! And if you don't wanna change then good for you, don't change... but at least don't insult the intelligence of our own engineers, scientists and commanders who themselves say that they find the Chinese equipment as effective as the western JUNK!

And before @araz et al come running to the rescue calling ME suck up, hey geniuses, understand something, the first principle of a true friendship is LOYALTY and yes, I am loyal and appreciative of China's dedicated and unflinching support. Get over it!

And if that is still not enough for ya then tell ya what...khud bana lo na...go ahead, make your own radars, make your own jet engines, make your own everything, go on, try it. Bakwaas lagaee hui hay yar... pathetic!
I won't really get pissed at a Pakistani calling Chinese weapon junk, cause I know it's definitely not. Thank you brother.
Like Mastan Bhi said, from ordinary to excellent is difficult.

May Allah bless all Pakistanis!

I won't really get pissed at a Pakistani calling Chinese weapon junk, cause I know it's definitely not. Thank you brother.

May Allah bless all Chinese as well brother. :china::pakistan:

Those calling Chinese weapons shit are shit themselves ,The biggest weapon is string free ,I will take my chancesit in Chinese plane with Chinese weapon system then US made with kill switches

Hi,

Chinese weapons are not junk---. The only thing that the chinese industrial complex needs to do is to increase the QUALITY CONTROL.

When americans built weapons---they design it to be used for 50 years---.

If china follows the same footsteps---they will see a massive increase in quality and reliability---.

China must make only ONE QUALITY item---which is the BEST quality item---no number two and number three quality items.

Hi,

Chinese weapons are not junk---. The only thing that the chinese industrial complex needs to do is to increase the QUALITY CONTROL.

If china follows the same footsteps---they will see a massive increase in quality and reliability---.

China must make only ONE QUALITY item---which is the BEST quality item---no number two and number three quality items.
It takes time. Roma is not built in one day.

The AVIC air cooled AESA is a literally a smaller version to the one fitted in the J-16, both made by 607 institute (wuxi). The latter has faced several problems in smoothly running some radar modes but the problems have been rectified.

I am surprised you took offence to it. It is an opinion expressed. Not everything in life is to your liking. Get over it. China has moved a long way but still has far to go. Look at your attack Helo. You gave it to Pak, we evaluated it and gave our feedback. It was not upto our expectation. Instead of taking offence try and make it better.
I will only say this much, the man you took afront at is an expert at radar and avionics and a senior most retired officer of PAF and one of the most senior position wise on the net currently. So have respect for his opinion even if you dont agree with it..
Regards.
A

Those calling Chinese weapons shit are shit themselves ,The biggest weapon is string free ,I will take my chancesit in Chinese plane with Chinese weapon system then US made with kill switches
Dont disrespect seniors please. You can have analternative view point. Respect the man and his service.
A

Great! Keep up the good work and continue improving.
A

Last edited:

Hi,

You are correct---but the problem is that time has condensed over the centuries---.

what was done in 100 years is being done in minutes and seconds---.

See---china build iphones in china---. If the same people re made in charge of the weapons and weapons systems---your quality would go up within 30-60 days.

Your product is what it is---good---great or average---whatever---but if the quality of the job that is done can be icreased---it would reflect in its performance under DURESS---.

That is why I talked about auto racing---. An auto racing engine is like a fighter aircraft engine---constant speed and rpm changes---being operated at its maximum output---at maximum temperature---so what makes the difference---a quality product---.

No disrespect to any one , but calling some other system shitty based on perceptions is not good ,I hope rationality prevails
A senior retired Ex PAF officer expressed an opinion. This is an opinion forum. NO ONE asked him to explain why he said so. Everyone went on a rampage blaming him for annoying a Chinese of unknown origin and pedigree. Now I am not beong a racist here but want you all to realize why I stepped in. You have a man with 35 yrs of PAF service who integrated the Erieye into PAF so you have an idea of his seniority and rank. On the other hand you have a nobody who wants to rant about an event 2-3 months ago. The matter was defused as the PAF guy in his own way said some conciliatory words yet Wang cannot let it go and rants on. So all of you side up with him. I want you to read these words very carefully and understand one thing. I can go on and make you understand the deficiencies in the Chinese armaments. Believe me they are far from perfect. PAF does not just go after Western thing for the heck of it. Why does the JFT have the RWR from Indra, why were we after Selex till we got a suitable Radar. Why did we go after RD400. Do you think PAF gets perverse pleasure from buying from the EU or US? Look at the Navy guys lamenting the safeguarding issues on the F22s and consequent changes the PN had to make.
Yet the same PAF guy is OK WHEN he tells you about the SD10 being the quickest integration into PAF and how happy PAF is about it.
So please have some sense of what you guys are saying. For heavens sake the man is 70+. If nothing else respect his seniority instead of calling him shit. What has happened to you guys. Sure he gets angry. He gave me a good brushing the other day. The point is by all means disagree but do so with respect.
@Wangloakan.
There was no need to bring this matter up when it had been resolved. I say this in my capacity as a senior TT, people have diverse opinions. Know who you are talking to and disagree by all means but do so with respect.
This is my last post on this matter and I will not post in this particular thread nor will I come back to it.
Let this matter rest.!!
A

Last edited:
Hi,

Let me disagree with you on some points Mastan..if China applies that to export weapons, the prices will skyrocket and it will lose its competitiveness as it is well known that the price is one fundamental "p" of the four "p"'s of marketing.. I think that the Chinese made weapons have different degrees of quality and that it is made on purpose; the ones for the Chinese armed forces are better controlled quality wise.. but even the export intended weapons go through quality control.. that is a requirement in modern industries anyway.. only the material's quality might be different to cut costs.. but as long as China is honest about the exported weapons' life span that go with the low prices..it can not be blamed.. it is mainly filling a market niche left empty by the West.. but what a huge niche! almost the whole third world is found in this financially very rewarding niche of low priced weaponry..And China is also working hard to get its share of the medium priced weapons too..with higher quality materials and control that ensure longer life spans of the weapon systems..We have also seen its start in competitiveness in the high end tier of weapon systems with the HQ-9 for example..So it is getting there too with small but concrete steps..

Last edited:
Let me disagree with you on some points Mastan..if China applies that to export weapons, the prices will skyrocket and it will lose its competitiveness as it is well known that the price is one fundamental "p" of the four "p"'s of marketing.. I think that the Chinese made weapons have different degrees of quality and that it is made on purpose; the ones for the Chinese armed forces are better controlled quality wise.. but even the export intended weapons go through quality control.. that is a requirement in modern industries anyway.. only the material's quality might be different to cut costs.. but as long as China is honest about the exported weapons' life span that go with the low prices..it can not be blamed.. it is mainly filling a market niche left empty by the West.. but what a huge niche! almost the whole third world is found in this financially very rewarding niche of low priced weaponry..And China is also working hard to get its share of the medium priced weapons too..with higher quality materials and control that ensure longer life spans of the weapon systems..We have also seen its start in competitiveness in the high end tier of weapon systems with the HQ-9 for example..So it is getting there too with small but concrete steps..

Hi,

Reasoning not acceptable---. China does not sell because of cheap price---it sells because it is available---.

Militaries willingly pay more for a better quality weapon---.

Hi,

Reasoning not acceptable---. China does not sell because of cheap price---it sells because it is available---.

Militaries willingly pay more for a better quality weapon---.
It is true for Pakistan maybe..
But most third world countries can not afford the price of a better quality weapons, otherwise, we would have seen them buying Western weapons in bulk..:lol:

It is true for Pakistan maybe..
But most third world countries can not afford the price of a better quality weapons, otherwise, we would have seen them buying Western weapons in bulk..:lol:

Hi,

Western weapons are not available to most of them---

Hi,

Western weapons are not available to most of them---
Not affordable to them will be more true.. and that is where china gets in..
Anyway, you are talking about what China should do, and I am talking about the realities on the ground.. so obviously we are not on the same wave of reasoning..

Cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom