What's new

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

• KLJ-7A AESA fire control radar

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • Vixen 1000E AESA fire control radar

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wang bro it means pakistan decision to skip j10 for fc31 was right
:agree:

FC31 can handle it, Chinese navy had just gone for it.

FC31 PT3 under test
fc31-1-jpg.393366

A Slimmer F35A.:toast_sign:
:disagree: FC-31 V2 sir

where is your arrogance comging from calling it junk?

very unfriendly and disrespectfu, you think Chinese is fool?

HMDS is not alien technology, i can easily assemble a Iphone here in my home town. whne you talk some thing in Western tone, you dont forget you are a Pakistani origin. you dont talk something you dont know.

I think PAF is smarter than you i think? let them do the choice.
He was probably right 15 years ago but lot has changed from tje 1990s and certainly in last 10 years. With a country having will, money, and acess to 100% Russian technology in 1990s , its not impossible to get to point now where they will equal western tech. China had the largest R&D in defence more than USA in adjusted terms.

Will be foolish to compare today china with 1990s china. If man kind can go from first flight to jet engine in 30 years why cant china acheive So much in 30 years when it has all the ingredients to do so.

Dear members what I have got from here an there the Italian Vixen 1000E offered to Pak has better range than Chinese KLJ7A mean while the IRST is also in built with it. The Italian's radars are more matured and being used in past satisfactorily by Pak.

If we have to chose between the two following factors should be considered excluding cost factor.

1) Source code. ( Even Italian shall be willing in medium time span considering monetary benefits.
2) Rafael/ expected IAF stealthy/semi stealthy jets expected radar ranges.

3)IRST options whether inbuilt or podded. It is obvious that IRST with vixen is inbuilt meanwhile KLJ7A will require podded IRST covering at least on hard point.

4) Integration with expected ammo.

Both mentioned Radars may be produced in Pak in medium to long term but in short term one should be doubtful that such complicated tech shall be mastered by Pak.

The crux as per my understanding is that both options have own pros and cons, then their is another option also to consider both Radars i.e. The older version of JF 17 block-1/2 should be up graded with KLJ7A along with podded IRST. Meanwhile Block 3 for domestic use should have Vixen 1000E radar/IRST to counter Rafael/ expected future platforms. Mean while the Block 3 version for exports may be offered with KLJ7A/podded IRST, as it is obvious that Italian option shall not only be costly but Italians may be reluctant for their sensitive tech to be exported to many countries which are future potential buyers of JF17.
On one hand Pak should go for JV in case of Vixen meanwhile also go for further development of KLJ7A with our Chinese friends.
In the past Pak has helped Chinese regarding further development of their fighter jets based upon PAF experience with Western Jets.

Dear Sir, your above statement is quite positive but considering current scenario do you honestly think that Pak may get AESA from USA. On the other hand I wonder why senior members gave such ideas which are obviously can't be materialized i.e integration of Vixen with Pak F16s.
1. Italy refusal in ToT
2. Expensive
3. Cant use Chinese weapons so will need at least 1-2 billion $ in weapons
4. No source codes, not sure whether indigenous weapons can be added
5. Operation of different system

HMDS is not alien technology, i can easily assemble a Iphone here in my home town. whne you talk some thing in Western tone, you dont forget you are a Pakistani origin. you dont talk something you dont know.

Wang bro these guys are still living in 70s 80s and early 90s so please don't mind what they are saying.

My father served in the PLA army for 30 years and my uncle served in PLA navy for 20 years. I grow up in a military family. If Chinese people know a Pakistani wantonly called Chinese weapon are junk, you know the negative effect. I will keep it here, will not tell other Chinese in Chinese forum. I feel really bad! Very bad! I'm very angry at your comment!

I didn't feel so angry like today since I join this forum. It's an open insult to your ally, your best friend.

I feel you are insane.

Usually Barahtis in this forum call Chinese weapon junk, and you are the first Pakistani doing so. For Lord sake, what are you doing?

These days are getting crazy.......

I mean if PAF think Vixen is better after the evaluation, I've got nothing to say. Do you think calling Chinese HMDS junk out of no where is somehow too arbitrary and insulting? I can't accept it.

@xuxu1457 what this guy is doing is totally beyond my recognition, I don't know what to do. Just feel bad
I feel as bad as you do what can we do with old people they become eccentric and nostalgic

China and chinese people were are and will be our iron brothers. Dont get disturbed by comments of a few eccentrics.

Discussion on how mature, pretty, adult, and patriotic Junk can be.
with respect sir old horses should rest in stables lest they make more mess than young ones can clean.

Custom work on the F-16 is tricky. We need U.S. approval and would have to work with both vendors (LM and whatever we're integrating to the F-16), which will be costly. In terms of the F-16, it'll always be best to procure from the U.S. In an ideal world, efforts for Harpoon Block-II AShM, JSOW, etc, could come to fruition.

The non-ITAR stuff is applicable to the JF-17. If there are Western avionics, EW/ECM and other subsystems that are non-ITAR, then these could be an option for the JF-17 (assuming the costs are right).

Absolutely correct and why should they allow you when they think they have got you by the short and curlies. This is business and no one does shrewder deals than the Americans.

Wang bro these guys are still living in 70s 80s and early 90s so please don't mind what they are saying.

I feel as bad as you do what can we do with old people they become eccentric and nostalgic

China and chinese people were are and will be our iron brothers. Dont get disturbed by comments of a few eccentrics.

with respect sir old horses should rest in stables lest they make more mess than young ones can clean.
Young man.
Know the people you are talking about before you open your mouth. The one you talk about is a very senior retired PAF officer who has worked in senior positions. And just because you have fingers that are itching to suck upto and satisfy Wang who had taken affront and then has been pacified, you are denegrating the qualities of one of your own who has spent a life time serving this nation of ingrates. SubhanAllah. I dont know what to say or write.
By the way Bilal khan 777 has probably forgotten more than you will ever know about avionics and radars through out your whole life. Dont believe me but spend some time and read his posts before you next write again. But never mind. Us old fogies are perhaps not suitable to the libellous world of the internet where every Tom Dick and Harry can open his mouth and blurt out whatever drivel he wants.
A

So its KLJ7A all the way and it's as good as it can get.

So its KLJ7A all the way and it's as good as it can get.
It was the best, safest and most logical solution all along..since the appearance of the KLJ-7A in the Show it was said that the radar was specifically made for the JF-17.. going for something else, would have been more expansive and risky..let alone the ToT part of the deal..

Last edited:

Wang brother, your anger is justified and the rubbish about old people verses new people ends HERE AND NOW! Hey, "old people" listen up loud and clear from ME, another old person... just because you maybe a PAF veteran does not make you an authority over anything. This "maroobiat" slave mentality is prevalent among people of south Asia and albeit it is thankfully receding,b it is still there and effects all of us to one degree or another to an extent where any piece of junk that is even remotely western makes our eyes light up. I know because i have military veterans in my own family and SOME of them think exactly like that, thankfully most don't. Well here is the cold harsh reality about the Chinese "junk":

1. Chinese junk tanks have been the backbone of the Pakistan Army for decades and were effective enough to scare the crap out of not only the 3 times larger indian tanks but also the monstrous soviet armored armada on the afghan border.

2. Chinese junk F6 and F7 fighters have been a very powerful backbone of the PAF and have been effective enough in keeping the indians far away from our airspace.

3. Chinese junk naval frigates, missile boats and choppers have been effective enough in keeping the indian navy at bay not to mention, ensuring that the us naval fleet behaves itself.

4. This same Chinese junk gives the japanese military nightmares.

5. This same Chinese junk gives the americans nightmares.

The list goes on and on.

So do yourselves a favor and WAKE HELL UP! Snap out of this western impressed mentality for goodness sakes, western crap isn't God sent. Yes, Chinese equipment WAS lagging behind once upon a time but it has now caught up and in some areas, it has even surpassed the west. There is a reason why the only super power in the world sails very cautiously in the south China seas, they know that their equipment is not all that they have propagandized it to be and they also know that the Chinese equipment is as advanced as their own.

Be thankful to Allah that Pakistan has the advantage that no Muslim country in the world does, a strong loyal friend like China.

Snap out of your slave mindsets and see the reality with your own eyes instead of through the archaic western lens! And if you don't wanna change then good for you, don't change... but at least don't insult the intelligence of our own engineers, scientists and commanders who themselves say that they find the Chinese equipment as effective as the western JUNK!

And before @araz et al come running to the rescue calling ME suck up, hey geniuses, understand something, the first principle of a true friendship is LOYALTY and yes, I am loyal and appreciative of China's dedicated and unflinching support. Get over it!

And if that is still not enough for ya then tell ya what...khud bana lo na...go ahead, make your own radars, make your own jet engines, make your own everything, go on, try it. Bakwaas lagaee hui hay yar... pathetic!

Last edited:
If man kind can go from first flight to jet engine in 30 years why cant china acheive So much in 30 years when it has all the ingredients to do so.

Hi,

China cannot do some of it because it does not have auto / aircraft racing background---. The leap from being ordinary to being extra ordinary is extremely difficult---.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom