What's new

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

Which AESA radar fits better the JF-17 Block 3?

• KLJ-7A AESA fire control radar

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • Vixen 1000E AESA fire control radar

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi,

I think that china has come a long ways---.

Tragically it has been manipulated by many a foreign buyer---like making a tier 1 product---a tier 2 product---a tier 3 product---coming out from the same factory.

If someone can change the chinese mindset for not making any adjustment to lower the quality of the product and make it as TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT 1 tier 1 quality product.

It was just when the americans had their industry---you could close your eyes and buy a made in USA equipment---.

Honda believes in a 110% quality product---their product costs much more to build---but then customer satisfaction is higher and lesser chance of failure---.

I wish I remembered the name and the name of the book of the american economist who setup the japanese industrial standards in the 50's / 60's---it was a fascinating read---.

When I worked at norm reeves honda---a # 1 honda dealership in the world---we were asked to read that book to understand where Honda product was coming from---.

As @Oscar stated---if the chinese can manufacture the Iphone for world over sales---and keep up the quality---the chinese can do the same with their product.

And if the Paf steps on the toes of the manufacturers---it can manipulate a better product.

I am pretty sure that there is awakening in the chinese military that 2nd grade quality is not acceptable anymore---the product quality has to be Tier 1---and Tier 1 alone at all costs---no ifs and butts about it---no excuses---because the opponent will not give you the second chance---.

@Sinopakfriend

Dear MK,

Peter Drukker... Total Quality Management System or TQMS.

And Deming... with his famous.. Deming Cycle... Plan-Do-Check.

Drukker went there after the war... I believe him to be British by origin.

Anyhow, Chinese are in different development cycle. Also, the scale is different, inculding need to employ the vast population. JP had an industrial base before the war, while China started in early 80's with industrialisation. Different context and evoluationary cycle.

But the Chinese are moving up the production quality scale-wholesale. That is why you will see many of lower end industries moving to your good Pak.

Regarding the radar... one gets what one is able to pay!

What is MOST exciting for Pak is the fact that there is going to be ToT for radar production in PAC... even if it is not on par with F22 radar... it is such a huge industrial jump for PAC/Pak that my Friends should be grateful for it.

Just like JF laid the foundation for your aviation industry and HIT did for your heavy industry... this new development would lay the foundation for your military grade electronics industry. All three services will benefit from it. And let us not forget talent development, retention and economic benefits regarding foreign exchange..........

Good things to those who wait...

You have Yuuuuuuuuuugggleee happy day!

SPF

Espionage could be one input, but the fact is China exports intellectual capital to all corners of the world. If even 1% of them return home, they bring back a wealth of knowledge which they can then put to good use.

And China isn't the only one guilty of espionage. I remember in the late 1990s there was a spate of news about chip designs submitted to Taiwanese firms for manufacture being stolen. Russia does it. And America makes it possible through sheer incompetence. There was a news of simulation software for stealth coatings being outsourced to Russian programmers! Finally, our Babur missiles are a shameless rip off of American Tomahawks. And there is no reason to believe we HAVEN'T benefited from that stealth coating on the downed chopper in OBL fiasco. And oh, Dr. AQ Khan brought knowledge of Uranium enrichment from Holland. Our missile program is based on North Korean initial designs.

The fact is, with a rover on the moon, the world's biggest radio telescope on the ground, and indigenous hi-tech products in all fields, China has already matured as a technology powerhouse.

@wanglaokan
Six ways to improve technology:
1. Send intellectual capital to developed country
2. Tons of money invested in R&D
3. Espionage( limited, can't be successful every time)
4. Exploit Genius like Yang Wei and Ma Wei Minh
5. work with friendly nation like Pakistan and Thiland to acquire experience and technology
6. Buy platform from friendly nation like Russia and Ukraine To study and reverse

Dear MK,

Peter Drukker... Total Quality Management System or TQMS.

And Deming... with his famous.. Deming Cycle... Plan-Do-Check.

Drukker went there after the war... I believe him to be British by origin.

Anyhow, Chinese are in different development cycle. Also, the scale is different, inculding need to employ the vast population. JP had an industrial base before the war, while China started in early 80's with industrialisation. Different context and evoluationary cycle.

But the Chinese are moving up the production quality scale-wholesale. That is why you will see many of lower end industries moving to your good Pak.

Regarding the radar... one gets what one is able to pay!

What is MOST exciting for Pak is the fact that there is going to be ToT for radar production in PAC... even if it is not on par with F22 radar... it is such a huge industrial jump for PAC/Pak that my Friends should be grateful for it.

Just like JF laid the foundation for your aviation industry and HIT did for your heavy industry... this new development would lay the foundation for your military grade electronics industry. All three services will benefit from it. And let us not forget talent development, retention and economic benefits regarding foreign exchange..........

Good things to those who wait...

You have Yuuuuuuuuuugggleee happy day!

SPF

Hi,

Thank you---that was Deming---. Just imagine---being born is sioux city iowa in 1900---and accomplishing what he did---.

What is equally important in a TOT is not only the knowledge to build the item---but the opportunity of taking the thought process and brain activity to a higher level---and that is priceless---.

Hi,

Thank you---that was Deming---. Just imagine---being born is sioux city iowa in 1900---and accomplishing what he did---.

What is equally important in a TOT is not only the knowledge to build the item---but the opportunity of taking the thought process and brain activity to a higher level---and that is priceless---.

Indeed, my dear friend. It is so.

People talk about ToT and what not... industrialisation is state of mind.

Process is a reflection of what people are and how the percieve/do things.

Build quality is the true reflection of industrial maturity. End product gives you insights into the entire life cycle of industrial base/maturity level.

A single farmer in The Netherlands can manage 100 hectare land. Yes, 100.
Any country can import all the tractors... yet importing thinking is truly Transformational.

Most difficult part really.

However, I am glad to see that your old country is moving in the right direction.

Unasked for advice is neither listened to nor acted upon. So, I refrain from forwarding any such thing too often.

Good thing is your PAC is SixSigma certified...which is a step in the right direction. Not there yet by any means...but right direction nevertheless!

Just looking forward to know more about your NGF and locally built 5th Gen fighter.
JF is pretty good quality product if you take into consideration there was nothing prior to it.

Hopefully, your PN can follow in footsteps of PAC. High time, really.

Regarding, radar building..better late than never. Wheel already invented is meant for pulling the cart forward... not counting the spokes...

Best of health to you!

SPF

can't count on Jf17 to deal with Rafale, it's unrealistic. To suffice it, the only fighter can deal with it in this region is J20. Rafale is very tough to handle with, one can't under estimate it.

I thought J20 is not for sale. Has the official policy on J20 sale changed?

I thought J20 is not for sale. Has the official policy on J20 sale changed?
FC31 can handle it, Chinese navy had just gone for it.

FC31 PT3 under test
fc31-1-jpg.393366

A Slimmer F35A.:toast_sign:

Overwhelmingly by stealthy feature and powerful AESA with PL15 VLRAAM. A nightmare for IAF. If PAF can get FC31 PT3, the regional status quo will be broken.
and what about indian fifth generation plane?

and what about indian fifth generation plane?
They have long way to go, actually IAF is very unsatisfied with T50. Unless they can induct F35A. I also have confidence when PT3 against F35A.

With PT3, PAF will have upper hands against IAF. Means it will turn PAF into a offensive force.

They have long way to go, actually IAF is very unsatisfied with T50. Unless they can induct F35A. I also have confidence when PT3 against F35A.
but they already invested too much . can fc 31 stand against f 35?

what about deep strike in india ?

Current in the excercise, J20 score 10:0 hit down rate with S030MKK. I start to realize how formidable stealthy fighter is. FC31 will have a RCS less than 0.1 SQM. MKI I front of it is a sitting duck, means you can slaughter them. Taste the feel of your eme's blood on the blade.

but they already invested too much . can fc 31 stand against f 35?

what about deep strike in india ?
I saw a documentary of interview with former AVIC chairman, he said the design of FC31 is to deal with simulated enemy like F35. Yes, it can deal with F35.

To deal with F22 is J20's job. I think PAF don't need to deal with F22?

The more India provoke along the border, the faster China will deliver FC31 PT3 to Pakistan. It's their retribution.

Pakistan shall concentrate resource it can spare on FC31, that will give IAF a deadly punch.

I think FC31 is the most harmonious proportion fuselage designed by Chinese engineers. It looks perfect from every angle and she is my beauty. This is perfect chemical reaction between Engineering and money.

With she, I don't fall in love with J10b anymore.

Current in the excercise, J20 score 10:0 hit down rate with S030MKK. I start to realize how formidable stealthy fighter is. FC31 will have a RCS less than 0.1 SQM. MKI I front of it is a sitting duck, means you can slaughter them. Taste the feel of your eme's blood on the blade.

I saw a documentary of interview with former AVIC chairman, he said the design of FC31 is to deal with simulated enemy like F35. Yes, it can deal with F35.

To deal with F22 is J20's job. I think PAF don't need to deal with F22?

The more India provoke along the border, the faster China will deliver FC31 PT3 to Pakistan. It's their retribution.

Pakistan shall concentrate resource it can spare on FC31, that will give IAF a deadly punch.

I think FC31 is the most harmonious proportion fuselage designed by Chinese engineers. It looks perfect from every angle and she is my beauty. This is perfect chemical reaction between Engineering and money.

With she, I don't fall in love with J10b anymore.
Wang bro it means pakistan decision to skip j10 for fc31 was right

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom