What's new

When India was Importing. Pakistan was making

:rofl: so it took another 13-14 years to be inducted into service? :lol:

MF isnt reliable either.. :lol:

As for "choice of words" sue me .. kid.

Again, it still isn't formally inducted into the services, as Army has very limited use for a rail launched UAV. It doesn't mean the army do not use them at all,its just their use is limited, it not because they are unreliable, but because the situations in which their use is required is limited.

Nishant RPV

Another machine that falls to the niche of Nishant would be the HAL Lancer, India's Counter Insurgency Warfare Heli. The Army hasn't "inducted" them into squadron level, but were operated extensively.

Either way, Nishant proves the Op's title to be wrong. In the 90's we were not just importing, but making and using our own UAVs as well.

And for the bold part, the way I was brought up tells me to give and take respect. Thats what reflects upon my daily life as well as in my behavior as a netizen.

Don't know why India was dragged in.. Anyways, congrats and all the best..!

Exactly. They still want to believe in something, hoping against hope when all evidence suggests otherwise.

Reality is, we have nothing to do with them and any comparison is just superfluous.

If they have a compelling need to compare themselves, they have Ummah countries to their West to do that.

Again, it still isn't formally inducted into the services, as Army has very limited use for a rail launched UAV. It doesn't mean the army do not use them at all,its just their use is limited, it not because they are unreliable, but because the situations in which their use is required is limited.

Nishant RPV

Another machine that falls to the niche of Nishant would be the HAL Lancer, India's Counter Insurgency Warfare Heli. The Army hasn't "inducted" them into squadron level, but were operated extensively.

Either way, Nishant proves the Op's title to be wrong. In the 90's we were not just importing, but making and using our own UAVs as well.

And for the bold part, the way I was brought up tells me to give and take respect. Thats what reflects upon my daily life as well as in my behavior as a netizen.

Sounds like BS.... Can you provide a reliable source of it being inducted or used in 90s????

Please see the list of UAV planes active in the Army. You might be mistaken from the Catapult version with wheeled version.

right now Wheel Version is under testing and validation. Catapult was inducted long back

BTW , in 1999 IA used first time NISHANT against JK terrorist
List of active Indian military aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks but no thanks for wiki.... as for wheeled n catapult launched nishant.. i know the difference... read the article.

I would have accomplished this level of project when i was in school. Strapping an engine on a basic aerodynamic design is not a big feat. Iran produces more variety of drone of this level of tech than flavors of Halloween candy. Boasting about this shows that you have nothing of substance to boast about.

leave them alone man they have no idea about the capability of Indian man. Just think of them as kids excited about some toy, dont waste your time on them go back to building your lumar module

thanks but no thanks for wiki.... as for wheeled n catapult launched nishant.. i know the difference... read the article.
lol ... you red the article many article state that Nishant used.... further more orders was not given because new UAV was evolved as of today and many option.

read the article which clearly state the use of Nishant in 1999 against militant and PAK ....
DRDO Nishant - Reconnaissance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - History, Specs and Pictures - Military Aircraft

anonymus said: ↑
I would have accomplished this level of project when i was in school. Strapping an engine on a basic aerodynamic design is not a big feat. Iran produces more variety of drone of this level of tech than flavors of Halloween candy. Boasting about this shows that you have nothing of substance to boast about.

leave them alone man they have no idea about the capability of Indian man. Just think of them as kids excited about some toy, dont waste your time on them go back to building your lumar module

Really thats why PAK haven't made any chopper and forget about making plane and even its components......making a drone is not like halloween candy as you think... it involves many complexities especially its control units which is beyond your knowledge.

Sounds like BS.... Can you provide a reliable source of it being inducted or used in 90s????
I gave you two sources. There were more old reports on kargil war in which the army used Nishants and Pinaka MBRLs before their formal inductions. I'll post them if I find'em. Anyway the point is the Op is wrong,India is making and importing.

lol ... you red the article many article state that Nishant used.... further more orders was not given because new UAV was evolved as of today and many option.

read the article which clearly state the use of Nishant in 1999 against militant and PAK ....
DRDO Nishant - Reconnaissance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - History, Specs and Pictures - Military Aircraft

Dude take a hike with your wiki...

Really thats why PAK haven't made any chopper and forget about making plane and even its components......

First this thread is not about choppers etc.. so dont derail it... second your "chopper" itself is a german MB design... and do google the companies involved in the project... over 60% of it is still imported from over 3 dozen companies around the world... as for jets... dont even say a word boy...

making a drone is not like halloween candy as you think... it involves many complexities especially its control units which is beyond your knowledge.

funny .... while we are flying them you are still struggling..

I gave you two sources. There were more old reports on kargil war in which the army used Nishants and Pinaka MBRLs before their formal inductions. I'll post them if I find'em. Anyway the point is the Op is wrong,India is making and importing.

Both unreliable sources....

First this thread is not about choppers etc.. so dont derail it... second your "chopper" itself is a german MB design... and do google the companies involved in the project... over 60% of it is still imported from over 3 dozen companies around the world... as for jets... dont even say a word boy...
With all respect,MBB was brought as a design consultant as it was India's first attempt in chopper design. Their involvement did more harm than good,the reason behind MBB being dropped in 1994. The design and development is very much Indian and our experience with license making of HAL Cheetah and HAL Chetak helped us a lot,along with the MBB help,no one denies that. In this globalised world,it is common to get the required components from other nations. Its like building a house. While you are building your house according to your design,you don't make the steel bars or cement or the bricks or the wood all by yourself. You get it from others. But that doesn't make the house not yours,right? Also,helicopters are relevant to the thread as its about the manufacturing capabilities of India.

Dnt know... were they operational ? def not..
India had been making drones in the 90s,Lakshya and Nishant are two names I can remember as of now. I've given you two sources,but you have chosen to call them unreliable. I'll give you more sources if I find them.

We were first South Asian country to start a space program. India was making toilets at that time.
Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Accept that India has invented Rocket.... (Tippu Sultan used it against Britishers... now dont come and say that Tippu is Musilm so it is Pakistan which invented... If you still say so,... then our missile man Great Kalam ji is also a muslim but Indian ).....

Thank you for acknowledging that even after we started late in the game, we have outsmarted those who started their program early.
Now that India has moved on from building toilets to rockets, what is your country making?

Bombs......(nuclear which will be never used and other bombs are being tested on their brothers everyday)... You should not tease people.... :)

Back
Top Bottom