What's new

What’s It Like To Fly The PAF Mirage III/V ? | Fahad Ibne Masood

I will tell you that flying any fighter jet is a hoot and then some. I grew up around them and those who flew them, including my father-in-law (to be, at that time). It is an experience like no other. :agree:

I will tell you that flying any fighter jet is a hoot and then some. I grew up around them and those who flew them, including my father-in-law (to be, at that time). It is an experience like no other. :agree:
What fighter jet did your father-in-law used to fly?

Mirage -3 was inducted in 1961 that was 62 years ago. No matter how much you fiddle and tweek a fighter plane built more than 60 years ago, it would not be able to match any 4th generation fighter aircraft. In my opinion, the Mirage fleet is only good for making up numbers. It could only be usefull perhaps as a night bomber but would be a sitting duck when faced with a Mig-29' or an SU- 27'.

Last edited:
Mirage -3 was inducted in 1961 that was 62 years ago. No matter how much you fiddle and tweek a fighter plane built more than 60 years ago, it would not be able to match any 4th generation fighter aircraft. In my opinion, the Mirage fleet is only good for making up numbers. It could only be usefull perhaps as a night bomber but would be a sitting duck when faced with a Mig-29' or an SU- 27's.
Hope it gets replaced by J-10s once we can stabilize the economy and political mess.

A tad suprised this fella spent his entire career on Mirages. The fact he went to Mirages indicates he was above average(whereas average would have started on F7s etc ) but he spent his entire career on the Mirages - which indicates he was not good enough to move onto the F16s ( my interpretation of course ).

Pilots in this generation may become type specific for the rest of their careers due to the expensive custom equipment that has to be made for them specifically - but back in his day - his career was unusual i think.

A grave yard , is quiet , has no voice - no presence. The people lie under group devoid of life
No visitors come and no gatherings are held , it is a place which is quiet desolate

There are no National Day celebrated , for all that lived are dead in a grave yard
There are no account of DHA plot or property
In a grave yard no one holds the green and white flag because there is no one left alive

There are no boundaries or borders

Often in a Grave yard , there is no protection needed , their is no airforce needed
There is no Army needed , there is no need for Navy

If you are walking or standing in middle of grave yard

The grave yard does not needs Airforce , Mirage - F16 or JF17 Thunder or even J10 or fancy ships

Because grave yard is quiet place

Even if an intruder comes and destroys a grave yard , the grave yard has no voice , the resident of the grave yard , quietly sleep till the day of judgement , people will rise

You would never hear any person in grave yard admire any Fighter Jet or Ship or Tanks

Without any rights and rule of law , Any country becomes a grave yard

Last edited:
I hope PAC parks its longest surviving Mirages and F-7s, once they retire, on a stand in front of the factory with a JF-17 Block 1 Airframe in between and forward in a triangle arrangement.

With a slogan, “We Build and maintain Durable products for the Warfighter”

Last edited:
Mirage 3 and 5 are great planes they can fly very low to ground and high in the sky 59000ft. Are I believe are strike role to carry nuclear bombs. It’s amazing Pakistan still can keep them flying. Beautiful birds

Mirage 3 and 5 are great planes they can fly very low to ground and high in the sky 59000ft. Are I believe are strike role to carry nuclear bombs. It’s amazing Pakistan still can keep them flying. Beautiful birds
Amazing but 50+ years is long enough that they were phased out in favor of a new generation of delta fighters; The J-10.

At this point even getting or making the spares must be hard. Besides we need a fighter that can fly further and carry a heavier payload, as well as be interoperable with the PLAAF. Interoperability will allow the PAF to quickly replace airframes lost (at a price) for whatever reason.

Amazing but 50+ years is long enough that they were phased out in favor of a new generation of delta fighters; The J-10.

At this point even getting or making the spares must be hard. Besides we need a fighter that can fly further and carry a heavier payload, as well as be interoperable with the PLAAF. Interoperability will allow the PAF to quickly replace airframes lost (at a price) for whatever reason.

More out of necessity than anything else bro . Pakistan have added Mirage to carry Pakistan made Ra,ad air launched capable nuclear cruise missile from air to ground strike. We did buy ample mirages some of them made under license by Australia itself lol and we bought off other countries too. Mirage is in service I believe it can carry multiple weapons for strike role which jf17 can’t?

More out of necessity than anything else bro . Pakistan have added Mirage to carry Pakistan made Ra,ad air launched capable nuclear cruise missile from air to ground strike. We did buy ample mirages some of them made under license by Australia itself lol and we bought off other countries too. Mirage is in service I believe it can carry multiple weapons for strike role which jf17 can’t?

It’s not just about carrying the munitions, but the systems on the platform that make it survivable and work well in coordination with the rest of the force to execute the strategy. In swift retort, EW aircraft worked with strike and fighter platforms to demonstrate a daytime operation against a disoriented foe. In the future, the foe maybe more oriented, able to operate as a better coordinated force, better day or night, and be able to employ a variety of tactics and munitions to novel ways. This would be especially true in the naval domain, where they have a carrier to strike from different axis’.

The J-10 has the range and payload capacity along with the sensor fusion, comms, and sensors to keep up with the modern adversarial capabilities. Our Air Force is on the cutting edge in the region of doctrine, now it needs the platforms to match.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom