What's new

Whatever happened to some old members

she was in NDU class of 2009 IIRC.

@messiach perhaps?

@Elmo was an editor for Dawn.

@Samson was Brigadier Samson Sharaf.

@Xeric was a serving officer, now MIA.

@Chogy was ex USAF F-15 pilot and airline captain.

There were of course many mausami teenday along the way hired to promote certain views, like @Leader and many others in a similar vein.

The quality of debates, analysis based inputs , intellect and disagreements with restraint were commendable & was a top notch forum back then.

nuff said !

The quality of debates, analysis based inputs , intellect and disagreements with restraint were commendable & was a top notch forum back then.

nuff said !

The forum is but a microcosm of the Pakistan that it represents.

The forum is but a microcosm of the Pakistan that it represents.

Absolutely not.
The forum is meant to be a microcosm, yes.
But instead it has ended up being a microcosm of youthias, ill-informed people, sensationalists and expats

Absolutely not.
But instead it has ended up being a microcosm of youthias, ill-informed people, sensationalists and expats

Well, those whom you call the Youthias, ill-informed people, sensationalists and expats are exactly what you come across in Pakistan most of the time ... So, this forum indeed is a microcosm of Pakistan (the urban middle and upper middle class to be precise). English, however, is not as widely spoken and understood in Pakistan (esp. in the rural areas) as many of the PDFers might think

@masterchief_mirza was one of my fav posters.
@Mangus Ortus Novem @StormBreaker duo too, but Mangus's style of posting made me zone out of his posts. :lol:

What do you know? PDF had smart people once.
Could have fooled me. I have mostly seen dumb posters such as myself.
Thank you for tagging me.

The last one year, The awakening, Breaking of hearts that were too attached to Pak Military, Has changed us a lot.

I once used to be a very polite and respectful poster on PDF, Such that I was offered to become a MOD as well.

But given the scenario, We have given up on many things and the one thing that united us all was our Military’s might but seeing how that might is just too mighty on its own people, Our faiths shook.

Nothing pleases me anymore here on PDF except for regular bullet points that I make while watching all the international and local, Economic affairs threads.

I don’t care if PAF gets a Block 3 or a Stealth Block 100 JF-17 or if it even gets a F-22 because that’s useless for us when the people who are supposed to stay loyal to the country aren’t exactly following their oaths.

Sir @Mangus Ortus Novem has also given up due to the same reason with some other reasons as well.

Besides, Sir Khafee passed away as well so to me, Forums aren’t great for me as they used to be.

Thank you for tagging me.

The last one year, The awakening, Breaking of hearts that were too attached to Pak Military, Has changed us a lot.

I once used to be a very polite and respectful poster on PDF, Such that I was offered to become a MOD as well.

But given the scenario, We have given up on many things and the one thing that united us all was our Military’s might but seeing how that might is just too mighty on its own people, Our faiths shook.

Nothing pleases me anymore here on PDF except for regular bullet points that I make while watching all the international and local, Economic affairs threads.

I don’t care if PAF gets a Block 3 or a Stealth Block 100 JF-17 or if it even gets a F-22 because that’s useless for us when the people who are supposed to stay loyal to the country aren’t exactly following their oaths.

Sir @Mangus Ortus Novem has also given up due to the same reason with some other reasons as well.

Besides, Sir Khafee passed away as well so to me, Forums aren’t great for me as they used to be.
You are not alone, sir. All of us felt that.
Some left. Some channeled their anger in different ways. Some do it with expletives, Some like myself do it with the occasional jokes and sarcasm.

I was never too much into the military stuff but I too developed a noticeable disinterest after the events of last year. In fact, I think my second post was about how I was no longer interested in military stuff. Very polite and honest post. It got promptly deleted by some mod.

My first post was on your thread you created to protest good economic news that Bangladeshis kept posting without mentioning the country in the title, leading to much consternation for us Pakistanis. That thread hit close to home and I joined after lurking for 4 years. So thank you. :lol:

Please keep contributing from time to time. I know it seems hopeless but it's better to vent it than keep it inside.

Absolutely not.
What makes you think Pakistan is not full of the same kind of people? Been to Pakistan? Recently?
BTW, now might be a good time to get off that well-informed horse.

Back
Top Bottom