What's new

What will become of the planes that JF-17 is replacing?

Hi,

I think the F7P / PG's may be re-furbished and given to a friendly country in need---.

Why not just give them to PN, slowly they can start an Air Arm. We are severely lacking air cover for our surface fleets. PAF needs to let lose and give PN a chance they’ve always held onto fighters even those operating on behalf of PN. This could cost of dearly in the long long in a conflict with IN who operates a carrier etc.

Why not just give them to PN, slowly they can start an Air Arm. We are severely lacking air cover for our surface fleets. PAF needs to let lose and give PN a chance they’ve always held onto fighters even those operating on behalf of PN. This could cost of dearly in the long long in a conflict with IN who operates a carrier etc.

How do you expect sidewinder equipped F.7PGs to fight BVR capable MIG.29K's over the Arabian ocean?

We’ll need another fighter for that in PN. But what I meant was these fighters carrying Anti Ship Missiles to engage enemy assets from air.

The hard points on the F.7 series are not rated to carry Antiship missiles,on top of that the radar doesn't have the necessary range and modes to guide such missiles.
Also it's a short range point defence platform while for operations over the sea you need an aircraft with good range.

Well they have functional engines and avionics don't they? Give them to teams of new trainee engineers to take apart and reverse engineer. Better than just simply scrapping them.

Well they have functional engines and avionics don't they? Give them to teams of new trainee engineers to take apart and reverse engineer. Better than just simply scrapping them.

Hi

reverse engineer the 50s 60s technology that’s absolutely not worth it it’ll be a great wastage of your funds

Hi

reverse engineer the 50s 60s technology that’s absolutely not worth it it’ll be a great wastage of your funds
But a good learning opportunity for new graduates. You learn best when you roll up the sleeves and get down and dirty.

Stick in the rear end and on display on some traffic junction or park :lol:

But a good learning opportunity for new graduates. You learn best when you roll up the sleeves and get down and dirty.

Hi,

As machine are my field---allow me to share---. These should be donated colleges where FSc students thinking of taking engineering studies can dig into it---. Next they should be donated to universities dealing in mechanical engr etc---where the students can dig in deeper---.

The graudates that come out---need to come out running---it is too late----eve though it is never too late---.

But the real problem is that the technology in those aircaft is real obsolete---. High school college is fine but not for university grads---. In the first two years of univ studies they are fine---but in the last two years they need to have access to more modern machines---. That is what will raise their sights to a higher standard---.

Last edited:
EVEN teen dabay walla will refuse to collect F-7P because it is so outdated and Mirages might be best fit for display on choke.

Ever heard term mass production ..stream line the jf17 to decrease cost and forget about the f7...i will even forget about mirages and keep thunders chunning out...we should try to renogtiate & get airframe to 100% since china isnt even buying its share..and produce like 350+ fighters..
Pretty sure jf17 performance is comparable or better than the mirages even in strike role given its more fuel efficient engine.

Block 3 with 8 hardpoints will be ideal especially if we can procure the PL 15 & raptor 3(if already not dome) and future super sonic missle

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom