What's new

What will become of the planes that JF-17 is replacing?

Those are actually , challenges we can work with China to resolve , size of radars are and shapes are always changing

• Not making whole plane just enhancing it / refreshing it
F-7PG radar is in their intakes cones, there nothing much left to change the size of radar, if we can increase the size of radar nose cone its effect the performance of F-7PG, pakistan and china do nothing much about it sir @AZADPAKISTAN2009

Last edited by a moderator:
f7mg-2.gif

100% the radar is questionble but with technological advancement there is chance may be a improve radar will exist in market which does has a proper size compatibility

Cosidering the F-7PG is same size as the F16 , the radar size would be approximately same size

I see value in Adding new radar in F7PG and adding SD-10 on it , cheaper over all move but
MLU F7PG would be a cost effective impactful move

J-7G_radar.jpg

The size (radar) looks sufficient for upgrade

Only a engineer would know real dimensional specs of the radar
but apart from radar upgrade don't see a flaw in F7-PG

Just need a MLU refresh

724607.jpg

Last edited:
f7mg-2.gif

100% the radar is questionble but with technological advancement there is chance may be a improve radar will exist in market which does has a proper size compatibility

Cosidering the F-7PG is same size as the F16 , the radar size would be approximately same size

I see value in Adding new radar in F7PG and adding SD-10 on it , cheaper over all move but
MLU F7PG would be a cost effective impactful move

J-7G_radar.jpg

The size (radar) looks sufficient for upgrade

It’s 13 inch Dia or 1.1 ft dish vs jf 2.2 ft or so do the math plus it can only go left right by 20-30 degrees mechanical scanning vs 60 degrees left right for jf and other fighters so here are limitations compared to mig21 bis which has larger cone

Any way paf was not looking to convert f7 with 25-30 minutes internal fuel airtime and with 3 external fuel tanks 45-55 minutes aircraft into something which it’s design limitation total internal fuel of f7 is 22-2300 litres and on top of that with fuel guzzling turbojet

It’s a point interceptor end of story

Last edited:
Well likely we will have to see a solution different then JF17 radar which has a smaller size but higher performance for BVR role

However the JF17 radar does look slighly bigger
16762629922_7973410c69_b.jpg

klj7.jpg

While the diameter of disk may be larger but there is no reason why a special smaller disk could be requested

Special order

J-7G_radar.jpg

Still with smaller disk "special order" if you can gain BVR capabilities it would be great add

I would imagine shifting to smaller disk would limit your scan "width"
images

Whats better abiliy to view wider , view of battle field (Dog fight) or BVR ?
I personally would prefer to Load up

a) 3 SD-10 missiles and 2 Short Range missiles and take the BVR upgrade

Instead of the 4 short range missile configuration as it is the case now

Apart from the Radar & MLU need
the craft looks in serving condition

792161.jpg

521eb0e35ba7e1070c9bc450c2074acb.jpeg

Fully functinal Lethal Birds

Last edited:
Well likely we will have to see a solution different then JF17 radar which has a smaller size but higher performance for BVR role

klj7.jpg

While the diameter of disk may be larger but there is no reason why a special smaller disk could be requested

Special order

J-7G_radar.jpg

Still with smaller disk "special order" if you can gain BVR capabilities it would be great add

images

792161.jpg

No sir unless we revive the project super-seven like upgrade and main drawback for F-7PG is fuel hungry turbojet
superseven.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Sabre_II
think @AZADPAKISTAN2009

klj7.jpg

Special order

J-7G_radar.jpg

images

792161.jpg

What I dont understand is why was the F7 not put through the Sabre programme. I think we had all the blue prints so why was the programme abandoned while JFT was persued.
What were the limitations? Toadd my query is about the limitations of the programme rather than a wish for revival. The programme itself has come and gone and one does not dwell in history except as a learning point. @bilalkhan777 would appreciate a slightly detailed answer for my own learning.
A

Last edited:
Hi,

I think the F7P / PG's may be re-furbished and given to a friendly country in need---.

Give the old F7s, F6s and F-PGs to Iran, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Central Asian States, Bosnia, Nepal, So many countries to play Pakistan's diplomacy and generosity and help.

We have some Mirages too.

Sell them or donate them for Pakistan and PAF's own good will.

Another country is Srilanka prime example to help them with these aircrafts.

Some will be salvaged, some will be converted into museum pieces, others would be sold, some may be converted for training purposes. It's how all air forces work, brother.
Will they be sold for scrap metal? Will they be stored permanently in storage? Will the F-7's be broken down for spare parts for the F7-PG? Can we sell them to some African nation at a flyaway cost?

Give the old F7s, F6s and F-PGs to Iran, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Central Asian States, Bosnia, Nepal, So many countries to play Pakistan's diplomacy and generosity and help.

We have some Mirages too.

Sell them or donate them for Pakistan and PAF's own good will.

Another country is Srilanka prime example to help them with these aircrafts.

Indonesia flies Sukhois and F.16s,you honestly think they'd buy your retired junk especially when now they're interested in F.16V's.
Same goes for Bangladesh,you might not know but they operate the most advanced version of F.7MG.

Why not unmanned missile/bomb truck? When JF-17 Block 3 will be challenging Rafale, Rafale will have to fire multiple mateors on all targets (Thus giving chance of survival to Block 3)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom