What's new

What the Israeli's think of Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I myself do not have problem with the Turkish people that are not Islamists, but screw Erdogan this cockroach is a liar and screwed up our relationship that helped both Israel and Turkey.
I hate Erdogan too but remember, Israel is responsible too. You guys were supporting the PKK/YPG for a long time...

To topic,only the right wing Israelis hate Turks.
Hey bud. I agree with the rest of your post, except for this last bit. I've lived in the US for 20 years and had multiple first hand experiences with Jewish Americans in both personal and work/business settings. Even fairly leftist and liberal (at least outwardly so) Jews had a negative view of Turks and Turkey and surprisingly they're pretty outspoken about it too, sometimes approaching rude. While there are exceptions, the vast majority of American Jews think of the Turks as "goyim" that pose a threat to Israel and Israel's historic goals. They realize that Turkish and Israeli interests completely collide in the Middle East and East Mediterranean. They also realize that Turkey is currently a rising power and their natural instinct is to try and stop us. They will tolerate no other power in the region that can possibly challenge them. Now, admittedly this is based on my observations of AMERICAN Jews only, but I don't see any logical reason as to why ISRAELI Jews would be any different.

@Falcon29 Iranian rebellions against Arab ruler was not based on nationalism, most of big and successful cities during Sassanian empire then were drowned in poverty, plague and destruction and rulers who called us slaves. just saying.
regarding Iran occupying Arab land, Iran gains nothing from Lebanon, Syria and Iraq or Yemen if you count them too. we expend money and build infrastructure in those lands, give free electricity and many other things. and more importantly Arabs rule those countries not us. i remember after Israel destroyed Lebanon's infrastructures and roads, IRGC made several hundred km of roads which was better that those in EU in term of quality. Iran is bad just for Arab monarchs not their people.

Hey bud. I agree with the rest of your post, except for this last bit. I've lived in the US for 20 years and had multiple first hand experiences with Jewish Americans in both personal and work/business settings. Even fairly leftist and liberal (at least outwardly so) Jews had a negative view of Turks and Turkey and surprisingly they're pretty outspoken about it too, sometimes approaching rude. While there are exceptions, the vast majority of American Jews think of the Turks as "goyim" that pose a threat to Israel and Israel's historic goals. They realize that Turkish and Israeli interests completely collide in the Middle East and East Mediterranean. They also realize that Turkey is currently a rising power and their natural instinct is to try and stop us. They will tolerate no other power in the region that can possibly challenge them. Now, admittedly this is based on my observations of AMERICAN Jews only, but I don't see any logical reason as to why ISRAELI Jews would be any different.
Well,we all know most American Jews(Democrats in general dont like us) are against us but Israeli Jews are different,i have many friends there even had a girlfriend for a couple of years(8 years ago).
You wont believe it but they have in essence the same culture(modern Jews).
There are over 100.000 ''Turkish'' Jews in Israel,they are descendents of Jews from Ottoman Empire and modern day Türkiye.
They feel close to us.
All this anti Türkiye sentiment started after the 2000s when we started supporting Hamas openly which i still find odd.
Instead of supporting the legitimate Palestinian government(Palestinian Authority),we support a terror group terrorising its own people in Gaza.
The Mavi Marmara incident was the icing on the cake.
So,it is complicated isnt it?

just another business partner.

I myself do not have problem with the Turkish people that are not Islamists, but screw Erdogan this cockroach is a liar and screwed up our relationship that helped both Israel and Turkey.

You're brave to be posting here, with all the anti-semitism going around in this forum. I for one think it's a strategic mistake that our relations have gone this sour and think that both countries are natural allies in the region. And I for one had never any issues with my Israeli and/or Jewish friends.

But your Bibi played a role in this too, Erdogan and Netanyahu are both pricks.

The reason Turkey and Israel relations aren't great is because they're trying to do the same thing: DOMINATE THE REGION. Turks and Jews have become natural competitors after early 2000s. Prior to that, Turkey was a weak lapdog of the US and mostly did exactly as it was told. There was no democracy, as every time the elected civilian government tried to make any meaningful changes they were forcefully removed from power by the so-called "Kemalist" military who acted under orders from the USA. Now there's a different Turkey. One that is far more nationalistic and independent. It has broken its chains. And naturally Israel doesn't like it.

The reason Turkey and Israel relations aren't great is because they're trying to do the same thing: DOMINATE THE REGION. Turks and Jews have become natural competitors after early 2000s. Prior to that, Turkey was a weak lapdog of the US and mostly did exactly as it was told. There was no democracy, as every time the elected civilian government tried to make any meaningful changes they were forcefully removed from power by the so-called "Kemalist" military who acted under orders from the USA. Now there's a different Turkey. One that is far more nationalistic and independent. It has broken its chains. And naturally Israel doesn't like it.

You were correct until you got to the lapdog part.

Islam and Jews are pretty similar, they both believe with the same God, the same prophet (except Jews doesnt believe with prophet Muhammad and prophet Isa), dont eat pig, dog, and dont drink alcohol, both men are circumcised (although we are much cleaner than them), we both believe that prophet Adam has been forgiven and dont believe with hereditary sin.

And with Christian, they believe Jesus (prophet Isa) is their God and some believe with Trinity where Jesus, father, and holy spirit are three personality but also one where in reality they just worship Jesus and forget with the father. They eat and drink any thing, the men are not circumcised and so on.

The thing that make Muslim hate Jews is more because Israel behavior toward Palestinian. If they can resolve the dispute and get along with each other, I believe Muslim will see Jews as their close friend because our religion worship the same God. While Christian is more like Musrikin, people who worship three Gods and even worship a human, prophet Isa.

Honestly I don't think Islam is similar to Judaism or Christianity.

Muslims are ethnically very diverse across a huge area of the world because Islam is a uniting force in a way that is not true for either Jews or Christians. Islam is not a religion, it is a way of life. Jews and Christians do not have religious influence in their lives in the way Muslims do. The ability to go to any Muslim country in the world and have certain basic customs that are the same universally is very unique only to Islam.

Idelogically, maybe Islam is similar to other Abrahamic religions, but in practice, it is not. Jews blend into western society to an extent you cannot tell them apart socially at all. Islam has always embraced being separate from the rest as part of its identity and that is what makes it so unique. Jews try to quietly blend in the west by emphasizing how similar they are to Christians, Muslims stand out and make themselves clearly known in the west with their own groups and unique identity.

I agree that Muslim animosity towards Jews is not really towards Jews but towards rash behavior of Israel politically. Israel is really a black sheep in the wrong region of the world. I don't think Israel will ever have peace with its neighbors because the region knows that it is a legacy of imperialism created by foreign powers gone wrong. Artificially creating Israel unilaterally was never accepted but rather imposed on the region. Most Israelis really believe that Israel is actually a legitimate state. But the reality is that it is foreign powers that put them there and Israelis will always be foreigners in a region they do not belong to which means they will never be accepted. And foreign powers don't even attempt to hide their use of Israel to antagonize the region with "western values" which causes further animosity. Muslims don't necessarily hate Jews but Zionism was a big blow to their image since Israel became synonymous with Jews equated to the oppressive actions of Israel and Zionist efforts to destabilize the region and tarnish the image of Muslims in the world. I don't think Muslims want the destruction of Israel but most probably wouldn't mind if it was politically wiped off the map and replaced with native Arabs and Palestine. Given all the tension Israel has brought to the region, all Muslims want is peace and they know they will never have it as long as Israel exists to preach "western values" on their doorstep as a mouthpiece of superior imperial foreign powers who wish harm and suffering on the Muslim world.

Last edited:
Terrorist entity created&supported by obama(later trump administration yet I have to admit trump is definitely better) in Syria
Israelis don't even know they exist bro

I hate Erdogan too but remember, Israel is responsible too. You guys were supporting the PKK/YPG for a long time...
Israel was responsible for what exactly?
Israel supports the Kurds, but we don't support the PKK or YPG

https://www.timesofisrael.com/rebuf...al-netanyahu-says-kurdish-pkk-a-terror-group/

Turkey on the other hand doesn't recongnize Hamas as a terrorist group and even serves as a host nation to it.

Ever since the Chinese pushed the Turks out of East asia, the Turks have dominated the middle east. Even today, no country besides Israel (only cos of nukes) stand a chance against Turkey.

EPJnxCfX4AECDKQ.jpg

You're brave to be posting here, with all the anti-semitism going around in this forum. I for one think it's a strategic mistake that our relations have gone this sour and think that both countries are natural allies in the region. And I for one had never any issues with my Israeli and/or Jewish friends.

But your Bibi played a role in this too, Erdogan and Netanyahu are both pricks.
What is Netanyaho's role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom