What's new

What Should be the "ideal" size of the Pakistan Navy in 2020.

In a 1-on-1, its how long you can keep fighting. The bigger ship with the more plenty supply of missiles will likely be able to absorb more damage while continuing to fire SSMs at the smaller and catching its SSMs with SAM.

Sir then in that case Sejong is the winner....

Although many assumptions have been made but I think we should remember the current fleet as well. So my final suggestion is thathat:
4 F-22Ps (Already in Service)
F-22P-frigates.jpg

7 Type-54B(Under license)
zType054.jpg

25_137692_bfd3ac3a5ddbde0.jpg

25_5599_ff64cde75cae440.jpg

7or11 Qing Class Submarines
images

3 Agosta-90B
clip_image005.jpg

Hi does anyone knows what the PN is doing to expand and modernize its fleet as it is currently fairly undersized and outdated in my opinion.

Aha.a newbee.

It will help you if you instead of opening a thread surf through the forum specially pakistani navy section

Its all there for u and its 100% free free free........:wave:

Although many assumptions have been made but I think we should remember the current fleet as well. So my final suggestion is thathat:
4 F-22Ps (Already in Service)
7 Type-54B(Under license)
7or11 Qing Class Submarines
3 Agosta-90B

There is no such thing as the Type 054B. There is only speculation about it. And certainly not any design other than by fanboys.

Surprised PN would not consider e.g. South Korean designs, including 2300 ton FFX

67469820.jpg

Now in 10 to 11 years time we would have 3 N-Subs along with 11 SSKs. Lolz.... you were saying to me that they will think about it in 2030 and it may be?... hahahahah. I told you that it is possible as everything is possible by the Grace of ALLAH.
Subhan ALLAH.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

There is no such thing as the Type 054B. There is only speculation about it. And certainly not any design other than by fanboys.

Surprised PN would not consider e.g. South Korean designs, including 2300 ton FFX

67469820.jpg

Really useless as F-22P with some stealth modification is better than that. I am talking about the new Type-54 ie:Bs. I am sure that PN might be looking towards it or may be a something else. Although JV in SSKs and SSBNs are now confirmed with China.

Pakistan should strengthen its navy if it dreams about making Gwadar Port a grand success. Too many countries in the world are after this port.

Pakistan should strengthen its navy if it dreams about making Gwadar Port a grand success. Too many countries in the world are after this port.

In additon to making Pakistan Navy Strong. Pakistan should market it self for efficiency and oppertunities for Gwadar Port.
Also, should think of means to Block Jabel Ali/ Dubai Ports as UAE steals your Business.

For that purpose, we require a fleet like this:
21 Frigates
11 Corvettes
7 Mine Hunters based on Corvettes
21 FACs
11+ SSKs
3 SSBNs

Now in 10 to 11 years time we would have 3 N-Subs along with 11 SSKs. Lolz.... you were saying to me that they will think about it in 2030 and it may be?... hahahahah. I told you that it is possible as everything is possible by the Grace of ALLAH.
Subhan ALLAH.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Really useless as F-22P with some stealth modification is better than that. I am talking about the new Type-54 ie:Bs. I am sure that PN might be looking towards it or may be a something else. Although JV in SSKs and SSBNs are now confirmed with China.

How do you plan to have 3 N Subs and 11 SSK in 2022
When Indian Navy which is 3 times the size of PN , will have a fleet of 14 SSK and 4 SSBN in 2022

Unless you decide to keep your 34 yr old Augusta 70 Subs till 2025 and do go on to induct 6 Qing class sub ,
I dont think PN will have 11 SSK and 3 N Subs
Coz frankly looking at your precarious financial position , i dont think PN can spend 6 Billion USD on Purchase of Subs
infact there is a chance that Indian economy will be 12 times the size of Pakistan by end of the decade , from its present 8.5 times , if the likes of Zardari and Nawaj are allowed to continue

As of today , PN has not even signed a firm contract for purchase of Qing class and F-54B Frigates , and you guys are already celebrating

By the way you guys should worry about retiring your 34-38 Yr old Tariq class Frigates and try to induct some younger second hand frigates than 30-33 yr old OHP

REPEAT: THERE CURRENTLY IS NO SUCH THING AS A TYPE-54B (neither afloat nor known as design: there is only fan-art)

The new ROKN frigates are to have the following subsystems:
■Indigenous 3D radar similar to the SMART-S Mk2;
■Two Ceros 200 multisensor directors;
■Indigenous sonar (hull sonar + towed array);
■Eight SSM-700K surface-to-surface missiles;
■One Rolling Airframe Missile launcher;
■One 127mm gun;
■One 30mm Goalkeeper Close-in Weapon System;
■Korean lightweight torpedoes.

Preliminary designs indicated the new frigates would be around 335 feet in length with a cruising speed of 18 knots. The FFX, with a full load displacement of 3,200 tons, will carry a Lynx anti-submarine helicopter. It will have a crew of 170 and sail at a top speed of 32 knots. Its operational range is 4,500 nautical miles. The ship will have conventional diesel/gasoline propulsion.
In the future, a naval version of K-MSAM (40km range) missile system along with the K-ASROC SUM may be offered in the VLS upgrade.

I very much doubt F22P (which already has some stealth mod elative to Type 53H3 from which it derives) is better than ROKN FFX esp in terms of ability to DETECT and TARGET its weapons. Weapons are comparable, as is tonnage. Additional differences may be expected in: built quality, signature reduction (specifically radiated noise), damage control.

The FFX is of course not the ONLY ship being designed and built by South Korea. See e.g. the 5000 ton VLU equipped KD2 destroyer.

KD-2%20Destroyer.jpg

Back
Top Bottom