What's new

What Should be the "ideal" size of the Pakistan Navy in 2020.

truthseeker2010

Reaction score
What should be the ideal size of Pakistan Navy in terms of equipment in the next 10 years. Taking in the view of the Naval build up in the region and also our own strategic position in the area. How can Pakistan Navy play its role of not only securing the sea lines of communication of Pakistan but also provide a lethal deterrent to anyone posing a threat to Pakistan's National interest's by sea. Please be realistic in your assumptions taking into account the current economic situation and also the future economic size of Pakistan.

If u accept my opinion then it should be something like this

Frigates = 10
Destroyers = 03 ( Convince china to give some second hand destroyer rather than spending money on OHP )
FAC = 10
Corvette = 8
OPV = 6
Submarines = 8
LPD = 2 ( You can try convincing US to provide 2 second hand LPD to provide anti Submarine and decent Expeditionary capability to PAK Marines , i dont think a 35 Yr LPD should cost more than the OHP frigate being acquired by PN considering that USS Trenton cost India only 52 Mil USD )
Minesweeper = 6
Auxiliaries = 8

Add to that airwing comprising the following
Helicopters = 50
Fighters = 20
Trainers = 16
Transport aircraft = 10
Anti Sub Aircraft = 10
UAV = 36

Pakistan should have a fleet of 52 Ships , 8 Submarines
and a Fleet Air Arm comprising 50 Helicopters , 56 Fixed wing aircraft and 36 UAV

Let me tell you guys something , anything more than that is just wishfull thinking

Frigates = 18-20
Destroyers = 4-6
FAC = 30
Corvette = 12-15
OPV = 6
Submarines = 10(including 2 N subs)

And Atleast 1 Aircraft carrier

Aircraft carrier,destroyer and N subs are very important by 2020.this is jst the minimum requirements

Frigates = 18-20
Destroyers = 4-6
FAC = 30
Corvette = 12-15
OPV = 6

Aircraft carrier,destroyer and N subs are very important by 2020.this is jst the minimum requirements

Aircraft carrier is not realistic :no:

Frigates = 18-20
Destroyers = 4-6
FAC = 30
Corvette = 12-15
OPV = 6

we don't require an aircraft carrier but by 2020 we should be in talks for one.

We cannot afford Aircraft carrier it doesnt mean we dnt need it

We need and we should have a aircraft carrier by 2020-25 if we really want to have a strong military..

AC and N subs are very important.we need to locate some money for this..

even if pakistan decides to buy one it would be of no use as it is mainly used to project power or to protect islands of stratergic interest like the case with in:azn:

Frigates = 18-20
Destroyers = 4-6
FAC = 30
Corvette = 12-15
OPV = 6

Farhan ,
Your figure for frigates and FAC is quite near to what India will have in 2020 , so i dont think it is possible for pakistan to have 18-20 frigates as India also is expected to have 20 Frigates , 9 OPV , 24 FAC , 10 Destroyers , 20 Corvettes , 24 Amphibious assault ships , 10 Mine counter vessel , 16 Submarines in 2020
While INDIAN ECONOMY MIGHT BE 10 TIMES LARGER THAN PAKISTANI ECONOMY FROM ITS PRESENT 8 TIMES LARGER , WHEN WE LOOK AT THE EXPECTED GROWTH RATE FOR BOTH COUNTRIES TILL 2020

If u accept my opinion then it should be something like this

Frigates = 10
Destroyers = 03 ( Convince china to give some second hand destroyer rather than spending money on OHP )
FAC = 10
Corvette = 8
OPV = 6
Submarines = 8
LPD = 2 ( You can try convincing US to provide 2 second hand LPD to provide anti Submarine and decent Expeditionary capability to PAK Marines , i dont think a 35 Yr LPD should cost more than the OHP frigate being acquired by PN considering that USS Trenton cost India only 52 Mil USD )
Minesweeper = 6
Auxiliaries = 8

Add to that airwing comprising the following
Helicopters = 50
Fighters = 20
Trainers = 16
Transport aircraft = 10
Anti Sub Aircraft = 10
UAV = 36

Pakistan should have a fleet of 52 Ships , 8 Submarines
and a Fleet Air Arm comprising 50 Helicopters , 56 Fixed wing aircraft and 36 UAV

Let me tell you guys something , anything more than that is just wishfull thinking

I think we already have half of that numbers except the destroyers and LPD.

Farhan ,
Your figure for frigates and FAC is quite near to what India will have in 2020 , so i dont think it is possible for pakistan to have 18-20 frigates as India also is expected to have 20 Frigates , 9 OPV , 24 FAC , 10 Destroyers , 20 Corvettes , 24 Amphibious assault ships , 10 Mine counter vessel , 16 Submarines in 2020
While INDIAN ECONOMY MIGHT BE 10 TIMES LARGER THAN PAKISTANI ECONOMY FROM ITS PRESENT 8 TIMES LARGER , WHEN WE LOOK AT THE EXPECTED GROWTH RATE FOR BOTH COUNTRIES TILL 2020

Do you have anything to contribute, other then your ego??

Zardari's government will pack there bags next year, and then there will be a lot of development, and InshaAllah in next 8 years we will have the edge

We cannot afford Aircraft carrier it doesnt mean we dnt need it

Ofcourse we can afford it, but we dont need it at the moment, when we need it we are going to have it

I think we should rather buy Aircraft Carrier Killer missile from China, once its fully functional

Do you have anything to contribute, other then your ego??

Zardari's government will pack there bags next year, and then there will be a lot of development, and InshaAllah in next 8 years we will have the edge

Boy were u really that bad at maths or just pretend to be so naive
Did u actually read my post , or just decided to troll on purpose
I just said that Pakistan cannot have Same Number of frigates , Submarines and FAC as India becoz of the difference in size of the economy today and in future , So unless u guys decide to hang on to your 35-38 yr old frigate till 2025 and purchase 30-33 Yr old OHP in large numbers i dont see PN with 18-20 Frigates in 2020 , unless u guys decide to follow the example set by PLAN and try to pass off 1400-2200 ton Corvettes as frigates

While i agree that if u kick out ZARDARI then pakistan's economic growth could Double , but i still dont see it matching India becoz of ur precarious situation

As far as my ego is concerned well , i do have my moments
but still i dont believe in the Riaz Haq Crap that gets passed on like genuine Source on this Esteemed forum
Believe me even world bank has predicted a slow down in indian economy as the GOI withdraws the 70 Billion USD stimulus package
But world bank and IMF expects the growth rate to slow down to 7.9-8.1% from its present level of 8.9% in the next financial yr
Yeah and that is classified as economic crash in Riaz Haq terminology:woot:

By the way Frankie , u should read my first post again
I have given a figure based on what would be the most optimist number for PN given the present circumstances and expected high growth rate should Zardari be kicked out in 2012

Also , i really like ur Avatar
By the way the guy in the Aviator Suit is Neil Patrick Harris , He is a Hollywood Comic and he is also G@y

Back
Top Bottom