What's new

What kind of food is this ?

I don't know anything about this. In Pakistan, generally Pashtuns eat from their own plates to my knowledge. Also there is no Indianess in me, my father, or my family. You Indians look different to us, dress different to us and speak differently, forget about the dietary habits.

Here is a picture of my maternal grandfather with my maternal uncle from the late 80's, and I honestly don't see any Indians looking like this.

IrHcvRZ.jpg

Except for maybe an odd Punjabi here or there which I still doubt, you guys really don't have much to do with us. Sorry to break it to you.

Sorry to break it to you bro, but the big young guy in the photo is a carbon copy of a Jat in my college, a batch junior. He is no more now. Passed away in a gory scooter accident, head-on into a bus on a narrow village culvert. Poonia ....

You seem to have some massive delusions and huge knowledge lacunae about India. Not to mention continental sized blindspots ...

Cheers, Doc

These are normal looks in Indian Punjab, Haryana and western UP. But i agree this is 10-30%different.

What I said ....

Cheers, Doc

Sorry to break it to you bro, but the big young guy in the photo is a carbon copy of a Jat in my college, a batch junior. He is no more now. Passed away in a gory scooter accident, head-on into a bus on a narrow village culvert. Poonia ....

You seem to have some massive delusions and huge knowledge lacunae about India. Not to mention continental sized blindspots ...

Cheers, Doc

What I said ....

Cheers, Doc

When I see proof, I can accept it. It's no problem.

Sure. Give me some time ....

Cheers, Doc

You shouldn't ignore the other things I mentioned, such as dress, language, and cuisine. Culturally, we live our lives differently from Pakistanis in the cities, so I am surprised to see that you Indians are feeling like we are the same people. :lol:

You shouldn't ignore the other things I mentioned, such as dress, language, and cuisine. Culturally, we live our lives differently from Pakistanis in the cities, so I am surprised to see that you Indians are feel like we are the same people. :lol:

Culturally even our own Muslims are different.

You guys would be even more.

My point was racial and genetic.

You seem to believe there is no connect. Which is nonsense. You live in a state a white gora drew a pencil line through.

Get real.

Cheers, Doc

Culturally even our own Muslims are different.

You guys would be even more.

My point was racial and genetic.

You seem to believe there is no connect. Which is nonsense. You live in a state a white gora drew a pencil line through.

Get real.

Cheers, Doc

If there is a connection, there is also connection with the rest of the world. Especially to our West and North. This is why, Islam promotes harmony between all people.

If there is a connection, there is also connection with the rest of the world. Especially to our West and North. This is why, Islam promotes harmony between all people.

Agree.

With sardars you often don't get to realise what they actually look like in terms of facial bone structure, under all that hair.

And I have seen huge racial morphological differences between the tall fair ones up north and the ones in Maharashtra and some in Bihar I grew up with.

Cheers, Doc

Salim bakra...

I was reminded of one of the leads, Salim pheku, in the Hyderabadi comedy film The Angrez. :lol:

@padamchen , seen it??

No but that sidehero with long lanky oily hair (70s style) in a Hindi movie was a two bit gangster named Salim Hattela or Satkela or something.

Cheers, Doc

images

Razak Khan

@jamahir

Cheers, Doc

No but that sidehero with long lanky oily hair (70s style) in a Hindi movie was a two bit gangster named Salim Hattela or Satkela or something.

Cheers, Doc

images

Razak Khan

@jamahir

Cheers, Doc

Oh, him.

Yeah, he was a "Salim hateela" once, I think.

Also, he has acted in a Hyderabadi film ( Aadab Hyderabadi ) in which he played a don called Kirak Pasha.

I must admit this looks fantastic

It is called Madfoun.

It can be made from lamb or camel,

You take the animal, clean it, spice it.

Then you dig a deep enough hole, and let coals burn in it until they are red.

Then you take half cooked rice, and place that in the bottom tray,
the meat along with any veggies goes on top.

Seal the hole, air tight.

Cooking time is aprox 6 hours.

What comes out is very slow cooked meat, with the rice and everything else cooked in that steam.

the closest pakistani equivalent is dam-pukht.

It is called Madfoun.

It can be made from lamb or camel,

You take the animal, clean it, spice it.

Then you dig a deep enough hole, and let coals burn in it until they are red.

Then you take half cooked rice, and place that in the bottom tray,
the meat along with any veggies goes on top.

Seal the hole, air tight.

Cooking time is aprox 6 hours.

What comes out is very slow cooked meat, with the rice and everything else cooked in that steam.

the closest pakistani equivalent is dam-pukht.

Our Naga's have the same recipe, only using dogs in place of goats or camels.

And I think the rice goes into the hollowed out abdominal cavity ... all organs removed.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom