What's new

What is the Best fighter jet for Bangladesh Air force in the future?

There are different opinions on anybody or any celebrity. For me, I try to see the positive points as much as possible. Because we do not like India, therefore, we should not like Tagore, is not a good logic. Tagore alone has added 7,000 to 8,000 new words into the vocubulary of Bangla language. A normal person like me cannot even add one single such word during my lifetime.

I agree with you. I think in south asia, some thoughts have injected this mentality into our mind.

Man,just a few days back some bd-s were running hands and calling tagore hindu-bigot and what not....,you guys just do 'juto mere goru dan' all day long.....which shows the confused nature of bd people.....in def.pk itself people of bd fight betn themselves over ideology!.......you guys first reach to a common conclusion then come to brag with us......btw,eastwatch,you gave us a nice laugh.... .thanks

For you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man,just a few days back some bd-s were running hands and calling tagore hindu-bigot and what not....,you guys just do 'juto mere goru dan' all day long.....which shows the confused nature of bd people.....in def.pk itself people of bd fight betn themselves over ideology!.......you guys first reach to a common conclusion then come to brag with us......btw,eastwatch,you gave us a nice laugh.... .thanks
The topic has drifted from airforce fighter jets to Tagore. This is my last post about the great poet. Please read the essay written by Hossain Shahid Surawardy, the former Chief Minister of Bengal and former PM of Pakistan, on his sweet encounter with Tagore in London.

Although an Indian, I hope you can read Bangla. The essay has been translated into Bangla and was published in the Daily Ittefaq a few days ago.

The Daily Ittefaq - September 18, 2009

yaar khaany ko roti na ho or kahian role rice ma ghomna hy ayasa nai ho sakta bahi..ayasi baat karo jo pori hony wali ho

Best fighter plane for BD will be J-10 but they would not be able to source it not in the present situation.

JF-17 I think Pakistan should not sell these to BD.

F-22 is no possible. US will not supply it to any other countries, excluding Israel.

Bangladesh Air Force has send pilots for training on F/A-18s, so it's clear that we are going to procure F/18 hornet.

Well, Bengalis reside even in this side of the Border(like me). And one of us had wrote the national anthem of Bangladesh.

Well, when he wrote that then he was a citizen of Indian subcontinent, not only the citizen of India then.:coffee:

Bangladesh Air Force has send pilots for training on F/A-18s, so it's clear that we are going to procure F/18 hornet.
What I say might seam harsh sorry for that

USA doesn't sell planes to countries for economic gain they do it only if they see a use for that country but sadly to say Bangladesh can't give any thing of value to America so its not going to happen.

What I say might seam harsh sorry for that

USA doesn't sell planes to countries for economic gain they do it only if they see a use for that country but sadly to say Bangladesh can't give any thing of value to America so its not going to happen.

Sorry my friend we are really going to procure F/A-18 hornet.

it's not always wise to depend on theoretical explanation. it's all about business not politics.

it's not always wise to depend on theoretical explanation. it's all about business not politics.

F-18 is highly unlikely. Sure your pilots had flown F18 but similarly several other pilots have flown several planes. USAF pilots tried out Su30 and Bison. But they aren't gonna buy it.

Gripen is the answer for Bangladesh. A very advanced, very capable fighter, which is small, single engined and very lethal. Superb data links with other Gripens too. Maintenance is half of existing aircraft and costs much less. Also no sanctions problem.

F-18 is highly unlikely. Sure your pilots had flown F18 but similarly several other pilots have flown several planes. USAF pilots tried out Su30 and Bison. But they aren't gonna buy it.

Gripen is the answer for Bangladesh. A very advanced, very capable fighter, which is small, single engined and very lethal. Superb data links with other Gripens too. Maintenance is half of existing aircraft and costs much less. Also no sanctions problem.
agreed
It can also take of normal roads .

Ok you can pay but will USA sell thats the million dollar question

F-18--- quite unlikely,unless there is a secret agreement to keep the Burmese in check.

Gripen------too expensive to buy,but maintenance wise,a good buy.

Probbly best for East Pakistan (Bangladesh) , is JF17 thunder

50 units from Pakistan / China:china::pakistan:

We have similar strategic goals, the price of the planes is great and it will help develop cooperation between PAF and BD air force..

May be down the road we can also send in 1 F22P frigate as peace gesture as we now produce these babies locally :pakistan::china:

And also with Pakistan/China , bangladesh can be assured they will not be harassed by its neighbous and enjoy proper freedom :pop:

Here is my suggestion

Order 50 JF17 thunders (New Made in Pakistan)
And also you can get Nanchang A-5 , Planes we are decomissioning to help build the Bangladesh airforce and cooporation , probbly good for 7 years or so good for ground raid on burma

And also , lets not forget we could supply 100 AlKhalids just in case Bangladesh needs these

I am sure that we can help Bangladesh aquire extra 18 J10B down the road , really

Pakistan + China + Bangladesh is the way to go ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom