What's new

What IF? Fictional aircraft and liveries for the Pakistan Air Force

I love drawing fictional aircraft. I have a Fictional air force of my own designed aircraft. I've built a few Models of those birds as well. they are not like totally Fictional jets or Futuristic robotic machines like Transformers, Voltrons ETC .. But very much realistic and Flyable things. I am planning to join a Flying Hobby School soon and will built my imaginations to reality.

So here's my first Share. Don't have any back story and Excuse on Details :P.

08042011139.jpg

So can u guys guess .. what kind of aircraft this is and what its main purpose ?

I ve showed this to few aviation people at my FB profile, only well known Usman Shabbir was able to guess this aircraft correctly.

On seeing the air intakes i am think its not any role that will take the plane close to ground like the CAS (Close air support).

On seeing the size and the wide body along with the tailplanes i guess it must have an internal bay or must be hosting some dedicated equipments.

I guess its an HIGH ALTITUDE BOMBER or AN ELECTRONIC WARFARE aircraft.

On seeing the air intakes i am think its not any role that will take the plane close to ground like the CAS (Close air support).

On seeing the size and the wide body along with the tailplanes i guess it must have an internal bay or must be hosting some dedicated equipments.

I guess its an HIGH ALTITUDE BOMBER or AN ELECTRONIC WARFARE aircraft.

Believe me, Bold Parts have been guessed the most .... I doesn't really look like a bomber to me :undecided: .. But can be used as SPECIAL PURPOSE ELECTRONIC WARFARE aircraft.
Well I can assume the second part a correct answer But not 100 %.

Still If one couldn't understand my question clearly, i can explain it again ...
1 : What kind of Aircraft it is like, STOL, STOVL, VTOL, CTOL or Carrier Varient .... ETC. ?
2: Purpose like Transport, Bomber, Electronic Warfare, Reconnaissance, Tactical .... Etc ?

Will Reveal a few details and Answer after at least 5 Posts related to my Sketch Guess.

I love drawing fictional aircraft. I have a Fictional air force of my own designed aircraft. I've built a few Models of those birds as well. they are not like totally Fictional jets or Futuristic robotic machines like Transformers, Voltrons ETC .. But very much realistic and Flyable things. I am planning to join a Flying Hobby School soon and will built my imaginations to reality.

So here's my first Share. Don't have any back story and Excuse on Details :P.

08042011139.jpg

So can u guys guess .. what kind of aircraft this is and what its main purpose ?

I ve showed this to few aviation people at my FB profile, only well known Usman Shabbir was able to guess this aircraft correctly.

Considering that you have added three large intakes(what may be variable supersonic) to what looks like the front end of a G-550.. its probably an ESM aircraft.

Believe me, Bold Parts have been guessed the most .... I doesn't really look like a bomber to me :undecided: .. But can be used as SPECIAL PURPOSE ELECTRONIC WARFARE aircraft.
Well I can assume the second part a correct answer But not 100 %.

Still If one couldn't understand my question clearly, i can explain it again ...
1 : What kind of Aircraft it is like, STOL, STOVL, VTOL, CTOL or Carrier Varient .... ETC. ?
2: Purpose like Transport, Bomber, Electronic Warfare, Reconnaissance, Tactical .... Etc ?

Will Reveal a few details and Answer after 6 - 7 Posts related to my Sketch Guess.

Don't laugh at me,
I guess it as a special mission,stealth STOL tactical transport aircraft.
This aircraft can carry a relatively small payload but has high speed(possibly supersonic),high altitude operational capability.
It can be used to drop supplies paracommandoes in the most tactical positions without anyone knowing(for spy ops like sabotaging etc).
It can be modified to carry out EW or surveilance

Considering that you have added three large intakes(what may be variable supersonic) to what looks like the front end of a G-550.. its probably an ESM aircraft.

Don't laugh at me,
I guess it as a special mission,stealth STOL tactical transport aircraft.
This aircraft can carry a relatively small payload but has high speed(possibly supersonic),high altitude operational capability.
It can be used to drop supplies paracommandoes in the most tactical positions without anyone knowing(for spy ops like sabotaging etc).
It can be modified to carry out EW or surveilance

Well, the BOLD part is the very much what this aircraft is but u Just couldn't figure it out what is the purpose too much air intake. BTW you guessed 90% correctly... But the difference is that its not STOL. Its a STOVL or Possible VTOL Tactical Transport Aircraft depending on Load out.

Sorry Oscar :\

Multi Purpose STOVL Tactical Transport Aircraft
With Speed upto Mach 0.8. Rapid troops & Equipment delivery at war zone flying under Radar. Vertical landing at any plain surface and optional Vertical take-off as well. Small size aircraft almost equal to CN-235. DSI style smooth covered air intake.

08042011139.jpg

Here's the problem with that config for a V/STOL transport...
The low set wings reduce ground clearance and necessitate the need to add thermal shielding to the wings as well which will lead to an increase in empty weight and a decrease in payload.
Also , due to the low engines and wings.. this configuration is very prone to foreign object damage and will either require special screens at the intakes or limit its usage to paved surfaces.

Just my 2c

Here's the problem with that config for a V/STOL transport...
The low set wings reduce ground clearance and necessitate the need to add thermal shielding to the wings(to avoid reflected jet blast) as well which will lead to an increase in empty weight and a decrease in payload.
Also , due to the low engines and wings.. this configuration is very prone to foreign object damage and will either require special screens at the intakes or limit its usage to paved surfaces.

Just my 2c

I like the two tone grey camo currently on PAF F-16s but on seeing renders of the same scheme on Rafales don't think it works on the French beauties at all.

Well, the BOLD part is the very much what this aircraft is but u Just couldn't figure it out what is the purpose too much air intake. BTW you guessed 90% correctly... But the difference is that its not STOL. Its a STOVL or Possible VTOL Tactical Transport Aircraft depending on Load out.

Sorry Oscar :\

I too had an idea of such a transport aircraft!
But i dont thing vertical landing or take off is possible for this design.

I think someone already did this one earlier, but I thought i'd give it my own touch. GD had built one 2 of these F-16XL fighters for the USAF & later on went to NASA. But imagine if PAF would've had the option of buying them.

Is it just me, or are European Fighters a copy of this beauty?

PAF-F-16XLwatermark.jpg

Alenia Aeronautica C-27J (Spartan) in PAF livery. This is such a kick-@ss aircraft.

PAFSpartan.jpg

A-7D Upgraded Corsair (TULIP):

The initial A-7 Purchase by the PAF soldiered on for 15 years before the PAF Command decided to put the aircraft through an upgrade program in lieu of the ROSE Mirage Upgrades. The TULIP(Tactical Upgrade & Life Improvement Program) for the remainder of Pakistan's 60 strong A-7 fleet involved a complete LOTEX and avionics upgrade with the inclusion of the compact Selex-Galileo Grifo-L, Thales laser designator , A Siemens Electronics Jamming suite and Advanced tactical radio's from Germany. The RWR, countermeasures and additional wiring for IR missiles was done locally at the new extension of AWC. The Aircraft were upgraded from their original capability of just dumb bombs to being able to designate for and use LGBs. Additionally, SAGEM was consulted on the integration of the AM-39 for 14 of the jets which were part of 33 wing based at Masroor.
The First upgraded aircraft (A-7D(M) Sr 82-332) was delivered in 2004.

img00003f.jpg

img00004t.jpg

img00005b.jpg

img00006xt.jpg

E-2C Hawkeye :

When the Reagan administration asked the Pakistani government about its demands, the then PAF Chief demanded A multirole fighter which came in the shape of the General Dynamics F-16. Additionally , the PAF wanted a AEW capability in the shape of the E-3 Sentry. This request however was denied on the basis that the system was too much of a capability upgrade to hand over to Pakistan and the Grumman E-2 was offered instead. The PAF decided to accept whatever upgrade it could get and the first platform was delivered to Pakistan in the summer of 86.

img00002mf.jpg

img00001rj.jpg

Shenyang J-8-IVP:

During the 1970's, Chinese intelligence was able to obtain the blueprints for the one off experiment known as the Mikoyan Ye-8/2.
Using the blueprint and with a few alterations the J-8-IV Interceptor came into PLAAF service in the mid 80's. Although slightly underpowered, the large nose permitted the installation of a powerful radar and the canard configuration allowed some degree of agility.
The PAF was interested in an interim night interception capability as its F-16 fleet would end up being spread thin in the event of a war with India and ordered 36 of the type which had a short but successful career.

Ye-8-2.jpg

img00008g.jpg

img00007ft.jpg

After the 1979 soviet invasion of Afghanistan , PAF faces continuous air space violations by soviet Sukhois which were going undeterred. Assessing the gravity of the situation and facing the possibility of a Soviet invasion of Pakistan , the Pakistani Govt lead by Gen Zia ul haq puts forward a demand to the cold war alliance leader the US President Ronald Regan to approve the sale of Boeing F-15 Eagle along with General Dynamics F-16 fighting falcon.

After intense diplomacy , the sale is approved and Pakistani air force receives its first F-15 eagle during the first quarter of 1983 along with the F-16A delivery.

no way any actual pic of this plane any one have one or is it just here say

Back
Top Bottom