What's new

What I saw in New-Delhi

What I saw in New-Delhi

- Police nowhere to be seen, nobody asked me for a passport, unlike Afghan and Pakistani police that shake up people in both countries for bribes on the pretext of checking visas.

- Indians like Punjabi Pakistani are much mellower, down to earth folks, we Pakhton on both sides must learn to take it easy a bit, (being cranky all the time, probably is more of mental crisis than being Ghairaty :)

- Afghans must learn customer service, we suck big time in it

- Afghan wedding are loud affair, we need to introduce some Indian wedding items into Afghan wedding, it will change things for the better

- The common Indian I talked to is more focused on sending his children into schools and how his future will be better and easier than his.

- Europeans I talked seem to have some kind of a fascination with this Land, Thailand seems to be another one

- Tinder dating app is hit here, thought it was only an European affair :P :P

- Nobody seems to bother about Pakistan or Afghanistan, all they care is how to better their today and their tomorrow.

India has moved on, there is energy in this country and I foresee India emerging as global power sooner than later.

PS: Afghans and Pakistanis we need to catch my friends, we are still stuck in the 60s :P

Welcome to India. Hope you have a great time. Please look into compiling your thoughts & experiences as a travellouge or blog and post it here on PDF.
I have been to, but I only saw verbal encounters only for 10s of minutes but not anything physical :lol: that's a good thing though :tup:

I have been to N.Delhi, Kashmir, Shimla, Agra, Mumbai, Goa, Surathkal, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Silchar.

Silchar? That is my hometown. Long way from your home. On business I guess??

No visarjan bro. Really packed at work currently.

Plus with a haathi (Safari) I run in the opposite direction of crowds.
yup work comes first. Bhai haathi ko bech do aur ek nano le lo. Pune mai wahi thik hai.
@vsdoc @ravi kiran I'm in...

How far is Mumbai afterall ? I often go to Mumbai to meet my friends and spend the weekend there.
Great. do you know anyone else who is from Pune

yup work comes first. Bhai haathi ko bech do aur ek nano le lo. Pune mai wahi thik hai.

Great. do you know anyone else who is from Pune
Nope. I used to think I'm the only one. Where in Pune do you stay ?

Welcome to India. Hope you have a great time. Please look into compiling your thoughts & experiences as a travellouge or blog and post it here on PDF.

Silchar? That is my hometown. Long way from your home. On business I guess??

Not business met a friend there who studies in NIT, beautiful and green home you have.

Surathkal in Karnataka ? That's my native ..tour to national institute of technology ?

Yeah there.. one of the best NITs is there but haven't got the opportunity to go there but I visited NIT Silchar.

Have you been to Titos Pub?

Yeah.. and also I toured almost all famous beaches there. Goa is less populated then the other states one can see more foreigners during winter season but during moon soon everything is dull.

Not business met a friend there who studies in NIT, beautiful and green home you have.

Good to know. Silchar falls in a very high rainfall zone & so is very green during the monsoons.

I hope you visited NIT Silchar a few years back because a lot of construction activity & infrastructure addition is going on now. Some of the natural beauty of the old campus has been reduced though better infrastructure is welcome.

Hope your friend is doing well if he has passed out already.

I have been to, but I only saw verbal encounters only for 10s of minutes but not anything physical :lol: that's a good thing though :tup:

I have been to N.Delhi, Kashmir, Shimla, Agra, Mumbai, Goa, Surathkal, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Silchar.

Surathkal in karnataka?

i live in south india and a muslim friend here said that he's been to delhi and mine and his types if we live in delhi will start living in fear within a month.

from what i too know, there is lot of rudeness, uncouth behavior and impatience among delhi commoners... whether that comes from uttar pradesh and haryana i don't know... while speaking they tend to use the rude "tu" to address even strangers instead of the polite "aap"... you can see the influence in this forum too.

delhi is india's crime capital remember, with bangalore the second.

@jamahir I have spent a little bit of time in Delhi & Aurangabad; as well as visited a few times. There is NO 'living in fear' in delhi for Muslims. In fact as you may know Delhi (aka 'old Delhi) is chock full of Muslims, prayer calls abound and aloud and the scene is vibrant colorful and very very free! I am very surprised that you got that impression from your friend.

The 'rude'ness' of language you perceive is just language vernacular difference and not rudeness.

@Sher Malang - a bit of a fun fact here and to do with stereotypes. In many Indian films you'll find a certain ethnicity stereotyped for certain roles: Gurkhs for gate keeper, Sardars for soldier, usual geeky Southie for I.T, the Gujju for business man and so on. The Pattans (Pathans) usually get the money-lender role. In the ditant past films, these were fearsome characters that became violent loan sharks if interest not repaid timely (usually by the hero's friend or heroine's dad or brother, so the hero can jump in and save the day)....but these days the Pattans are being portrayed as tough looking but soft hearted & funny money lenders!

After Delhi earning a notorious title for it'self, it will take more than some internet tourist to give it some ratings.
Obviously what better way to earn some brownies by the OP other than praise India and demean Pakistan on a Pakistani forum. Indians OTOH, after being shown the birdie, even by Nepal, need solace from any quarters.

i would never ever never include indian culture to pakistan ........ i love my country more than another country and love its culture too ........... LONG LIVE PAKISTAN .
already included and will cement further...you like or not

After Delhi earning a notorious title for it'self, it will take more than some internet tourist to give it some ratings.
Obviously what better way to earn some brownies by the OP other than praise India and demean Pakistan on a Pakistani forum. Indians OTOH, after being shown the birdie, even by Nepal, need solace from any quarters.

In fact Delhi is one of the favourite foreign tourists destination and increasing every year

a1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom