What's new

What I saw in New-Delhi

i live in south india and a friend here said that he's been to delhi and mine and his types if we live in delhi will start living in fear within a month.

from what i too know, there is lot of rudeness, uncouth behavior and impatience among delhi commoners... whether that comes from uttar pradesh and haryana i don't know... while speaking they tend to use the rude "tu" to address even strangers instead of the polite "aap"... you can see the influence in this forum too.

delhi is india's crime capital remember, with bangalore the second.

The problem with some of you is that you never leave a chance to spew venom against Delhi. You have never been to Delhi and still passing such baseless comment? Delhi is by far the best city S Asia has. If your friend was unable to adjust here, it is the problem with him and not the people here. He should better learn to adjust to a different culture rather than asking the city to accommodate to his standards.

stop comparing yr self with us , there is no comparison b/t us not even in a 100 years, you are under occupation for the past 30 years how can you compare yourself with us
Temporary and short-lived military occupation. The first Anglo-Afghan war was also an occupation for three years, from 1839 to 1842, the end result was not like British occupation and conquering of Indo-Pak. Lets be honest here, Afghanistan has been occupied by super-powers in 19th and 20th century but none were able to stick around for more than a decade and left no traces of influences, they were always met with armed resistance from local population. While Indo-Pak was not only conquered but its entire civilization, culture, norms, laws and language was changed by British. The 'subdued' and 'servitude' words were never associated with Afghans..........

@Sher Malang Next time visit Gujarat - Gir National park and cities like Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Surat etc

The problem with some of you is that you never leave a chance to spew venom against Delhi. You have never been to Delhi and still passing such baseless comment? Delhi is by far the best city S Asia has. If your friend was unable to adjust here, it is the problem with him and not the people here. He should better learn to adjust to a different culture rather than asking the city to accommodate to his standards.

Mumbai is better :D

Ya they are still there in significant numbers.

But my frame of reference was the fag end of the 80s and early 90s.

Nothing like that now.

I'd love to see more Iranians and Afghans in our country. The more the diversity, the better.

@jamahir

stop BSing and playing the victim card everywhere. Your friend is useless as far as narrating his experience in Delhi is concerned. Hardly anyone in Delhi uses tu; In fact, in cities like Bombay and Poona, people use tu much more often than they use aap not because they mean less respect to the person they're speaking with, but because correct/proper Hindi isn't one of our strong points down here, and most people don't give much importance to the correct usage of respectful-sounding Hindi. Delhiites for the most part, use aap everywhere.

Last edited:
He told me that in 2011 when I was there, never verified that though.

Sure I will be coming to India this December.

When You come to India next time, do not forget to visit Akshardham. The sculpture marvel of 21st century.

I am also from pune. lets meet up guys!!!

Hame to Koi Invitation bhi nahi deta milne ke liye jab main pune aun.

@vsdoc

He is a typical islamist and nothing except Islamist political system of Dark desert age is good for him.

Temporary and short-lived military occupation. The first Anglo-Afghan war was also an occupation for three years, from 1839 to 1842, the end result was not like British occupation and conquering of Indo-Pak. Lets be honest here, Afghanistan has been occupied by super-powers in 19th and 20th century but none were able to stick around for more than a decade and left no traces of influences, they were always met with armed resistance from local population. While Indo-Pak was not only conquered but its entire civilization, culture, norms, laws and language was changed by British. The 'subdued' and 'servitude' words were never associated with Afghans..........

Don't mind him, he is s troll :) he was reported and his posts were removed. My rational for the post was and is to showcase what I saw while visiting Delhi, it was my reading of the city, some may agree, some may not but "Oh I am better than you" attitude is not the right way to argue ;)

i live in south india and a friend here said that he's been to delhi and mine and his types if we live in delhi will start living in fear within a month.

from what i too know, there is lot of rudeness, uncouth behavior and impatience among delhi commoners... whether that comes from uttar pradesh and haryana i don't know... while speaking they tend to use the rude "tu" to address even strangers instead of the polite "aap"... you can see the influence in this forum too.

delhi is india's crime capital remember, with bangalore the second.
Spot on , on that 'tu' thingy.
When I arrived in gurgaon about 8 years ago, I saw this 'phenomenon ' . First I thought that the uncouthness of the local culture and disrespect with which the ppl here converse with each other. Eventually I found out that haryanvis even refer their dads n grandpas as ' Tu' . So actually it isn't disrespect but rather the way of their speech.
U shouldn't expect the lakhnawi andaz everywhere in the country.

Kindly list me some of the safest and best national parks of India.
Ranthambore. It is closed right now but will reopen after Monsoon.

635687527941655135.jpg

If you are down in Kerala, Thekkady might be worthwhile too. Not much to see other than Elephants and Bison (tiger sightings are rare), but amazing scenery especially just after monsoon...
thekkady-banner-01.jpg

142287628ElephantRides_Main.jpg

OP What is there in Delhi to see ? How is it different from Lahore or Islamabad ?

This is quite non-sense.

The fact that an Indian spends almost all day on PDF posting on every Pakistani thread to claim that he is not obsessed with Pakistan is a pure comedy in itself. :lol:

Now how would I know the true reason of Indians obsession with Pakistan? Perhaps insecurity, inferiority complex? I don't know, not an expert in psychology.

And by basing your arguments on some Indian songs being played on a Pakistani network, you are making a fool out of yourself.

Have you ever checked how many hundreds if not thousands of Pakistani songs are being copied in Bollywood? Or how many of our dramas, songs etc are being daily played on your networks?

Go figure!

I don't understand this argument. To be frank, Indians are obsessed with India not Pakistan. Defence.pk is prime example of Pakistanis obsessing about India. There is more news about India here than may be even about Pakistan. The ensuing discussion is all we are interested in. If you don't want Indians on the forum then don't discuss India and its news. I know its difficult for you guys.

FYI, just search of India Pakistan on Youtube,tells us about the barage of news channels clips that appear in result. It seems your media couldn't even let go of India Pakistan discussion for one day.

So all in all, its both Indians and Pakistanis that are obsessed with India.

He should better learn to adjust to a different culture rather than asking the city to accommodate to his standards.

adjust to delhi's standards of varying arrogants and rudes?? :lol:

huzoor, think before writing and don't justify "blame the victim" mentality.

people should be gentle and polite, whether in delhi or in madras... or exit the world.

Spot on , on that 'tu' thingy.
When I arrived in gurgaon about 8 years ago, I saw this 'phenomenon ' . First I thought that the uncouthness of the local culture and disrespect with which the ppl here converse with each other.

they must think it is manly to talk in aggressive manner.

Eventually I found out that haryanvis even refer their dads n grandpas as ' Tu'.

:lol:

So actually it isn't disrespect but rather the way of their speech. U shouldn't expect the lakhnawi andaz everywhere in the country.

but i would say, all this aggression surely contributes to existence in haryana of khap panchayats.

and imagine, if a bunch of them landed up in usa or iceland and spoke in the same manner as in gurgaon... will they be tolerated?? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom