What's new

what happened to the adam motors?

I agree completely, I referred to it as a risky investment because the pioneer domestic industry always has to complete the most difficult part of establishing a niche for their products in a saturated market.

Actually, the Revo did try to target a niche not served by the established players: a cheap car for the masses. It is a pity that the Government did not protect and encourage the project due to its own incompetence and shortsightedness.

Adam motors decided to make Agha Waqar their CEO and he fitted Water kits in their Cars! LOL he ruined it!

Actually, the Revo did try to target a niche not served by the established players: a cheap car for the masses. It is a pity that the Government did not protect and encourage the project due to its own incompetence and shortsightedness.

I'm sure somewhere along the way vested interests would have been involved as well !

I'm sure somewhere along the way vested interests would have been involved as well !

For a government to let vested interests rule over national interests is the height of incompetence in my book, Sir.

For a government to let vested interests rule over national interests is the height of incompetence in my book, Sir.

Ufff...itnaa 'idealism' - Only in America, sir ! Since when has Pakistan's Government (anyone of them !) ever not let their vested interest spoil a plethora of god-given opportunities that came our way ? Yeh tou phir eik car manufacturing hai !

P.S 'Mein koi sutaaillla nahin hunnn' - Thanks kardiyaa kareinn ! :cry:

How else am I supposed to know someone replied to me !

Ufff...itnaa 'idealism' - Only in America, sir ! Since when has Pakistan's Government (anyone of them !) ever not let their vested interest spoil a plethora of god-given opportunities that came our way ? Yeh tou phir eik car manufacturing hai !

P.S 'Mein koi sutaaillla nahin hunnn' - Thanks kardiyaa kareinn ! :cry:

How else am I supposed to know someone replied to me !

It is the pursuit of ideals that leads us to improve ourselves individually, collectively and indeed nationally.

Sautayla or not, I appreciate your posts just the same. :D

It is the pursuit of ideals that leads us to improve ourselves individually, collectively and indeed nationally.

Sautayla or not, I appreciate your posts just the same. :D

At the same time we must not choke on that same idealism ! There is a place and a time for that and then there is a place and time for recognizing the ground realities of where you stand; any policy formed or any action undertaken without giving significant thought to the former is bound to fail.

Thank You, likewise ! :D

At the same time we must not choke on that same idealism ! There is a place and a time for that and then there is a place and time for recognizing the ground realities of where you stand; any policy formed or any action undertaken without giving significant thought to the former is bound to fail.

Thank You, likewise ! :D

Of course, that explains the abject failures of Pakistani policies very well, both internally and externally (and not just for Adam Motors - to stay on topic).

Adam revo is a crap car i used this car for 2 years.it just feel like that u r riding on donkey craft.the biggest lacking point of this was its interior it made with very cheap raw material even the seat is very uncomfortable & when i tried to sell this no one was willing to buy this car

Every new car, and that being first domestically produced feels crap. I don't understand why Pakistanis think so literally. it takes time to evolve. You didn't expect Hyundai, Toyota, or even Honda's first cars to feel like Mercades did you?

Every new car, and that being first domestically produced feels crap. I don't understand why Pakistanis think so literally. it takes time to evolve. You didn't expect Hyundai, Toyota, or even Honda's first cars to feel like Mercades did you?

Borrowing the idea from the Water Car Guy, how about we design a car that runs on Nihari ! :D

With no tariffs and protection local Industry cannot grow , as proven by failure of Adam Motors
mistake the owner made was he Àssumed that Pakistan Government would buy the car for government

But its hard as our Parliamentarians love the Mercedez and BMW , the economical Adam motors was not up to their `taste`

What has killed Pakistan`s own industry is simply

Short Cut , mentality I mean why spend time to build a engine when you can get engines shipped from Japan or China etc

Similarly no effort was done to construct important parts for part that envolve engineering

Pakistani auto sector is just a `Assembly Unit`they do not have ability to CREATE something simply they can put two parts together

If the Gov had introduced a policy to outlaw or ban cars over 10 years old this would have forced people to buy more Adam motors or local cars

If we think about it logically

If Pakistan Gov had bought the Jeep by Adam Motors for Police service perhaps it would have offered lifeline of that local company to grow

But again in Pakistan every one looks out for their own personal `fun time`

I mean otherwise we can see how well Pakistan Railways is doing , as long as Salaries are paid on time who cares of the corporation makes money or not

In Industrialized nations the cycle is

Universal Model: The correct Way
step1: Schools and Universities produces talent
step2: Companies hire the best talent in engineering and technical positions
Step3: The company innovate with new fresh Ideas (engines , design, comfort)
Step4: Product is released , Sales are made , people are paid , they pay taxes
Step5: Company stays profitable , and creates better product next release builds legacy
Step6: Locally produced Cars are 20% cheaper them imported cars
Step7: Once established , the car companies enter the engine and vehicles in International races
in order to improve Brand name awareness world wide
Step8: Focus is on quality , maintainability , 5 years labor and parts warranty and company owns
their own licensed mechanic shops to offer monthly vehicle maintenance.
Step9: As company grows , it hires (Marketing workers, HR representatives, Accountants etc )

True "MADE IN PAKISTAN", this model brings quality into a process

Pakistani Model: The Burger Flipper
Step1 : Hardworking trader traded parts shipped from Japan/China has no formal education
Step2 : He sees chance to build shop or company does so , gets people to assemble parts
Step3 : He forms partnership with Japanese companies so he buys cheap rate parts makes his cut
Step4: Pakistan offers trade favors for bringing in foreign cars
Step5: Cheap labor is hired who just put pieces together , manual labor
Step6 : 70% of the revenue is imported out of country , 30% remains in corporation
Step7: No major innovation is done in Pakistan
Step8: For every 1-2 Billion dollar that goes out of Pakistan , Japan donates 2-10 million dollars
back into Pakistani Economy as good will
Step9: After few years, the foreign companies drastically lower their rates and prices to
intentionally kill off Pakistani company , and once that is done rates go back up to recover
loses

This is more or less "Assembled in Pakistan"

Back
Top Bottom