What's new

United Motors to foray into automobile industry with launch of 800cc

I have heard that govt imposed taxes are around 300%. That means a car which marketed in 8 lac like mehran has production cost of 2 lac. In 2 lac cost Suzuki is giving you not a bad product. If thats tax thing is true than the main culprit of costly poor quality cars is govt. and auto makers should not be blamed.

And the worst thing is that situation can't be changed no matter which ever international brand comes to Pakistan.

No, I have not seen it. I only posted what is reality and due to that reality Suzuki is shamelessly making garbage like Mehran and poor people like me have no other option in its price category.

Companies can sell only what the consumers in the market will buy.

that is the issue sir as a nation we are so lazy to accept and adopt new things . in first world countries the life change so quickly life style change rapidly they adopt new things very quickly and we make mehran as a cash back car and cd-70 standard bike since last 30 years

resale jo achi hay
spend 800,000 on the most uncomfortable car only slightly better than a donkey cart only because resale jo achi hay

I have heard that govt imposed taxes are around 300%. That means a car which marketed in 8 lac like mehran has production cost of 2 lac. In 2 lac cost Suzuki is giving you not a bad product. If thats tax thing is true than the main culprit of costly poor quality cars is govt. and auto makers should not be blamed.

And the worst thing is that situation can't be changed no matter which ever international brand comes to Pakistan.
nope
taxes are high mostly on imports parts, pak suzuki didnt did enough indigenization..that is the reason why its expensive, it never thought of doing it due to lack of competition

This seems to be a "The Mehran is dead; Long Live the Mehran!" type of situation. :D

Durust jawab! Mehran aap ki hui!

Have you looked at the United Motors car? Can we call it a Chehran just like Chonda? :D

Lol hahahahhahahaha man Chehran and Chonda ...

Never thought a comment on PDF would make me laugh so hard

It could be Zotye that is entering Pakistan.

No they are already here

https://propakistani.pk/2017/07/31/maker-chinese-mehran-launches-zotye-z100-pakistan/

United has found some other partner.

Zotye is a Chinese company that makes copies of many cars.
But they license produce the Mehran/Maruti800 as Jiangnan TT.
It's currently probably the cheapest car in China.View attachment 444822

It could be Zotye that is entering Pakistan.
They also make copy of the flop car known as A-Star in India.
View attachment 444823

Ugly Garbage look of 80s, look like a tuna can.

Here are top 10 cheapest cars.

Last edited:
PAK SUZUKI appears to not repeat the mistake of Honda Atlas 70 CC motorbike which enjoyed great monopoly till the chinese bike producers started producing clones of it some how PAK SUZUKI decision to kill Mehran represents that they dont want the replica to succeed the Chinese clones produced locally ,but it will be a tricky business since Mehran vendor and Mechanics are spread all across Pakistan and leaving the field will be a big mistake . Only time will tell

PAK SUZUKI appears to not repeat the mistake of Honda Atlas 70 CC motorbike which enjoyed great monopoly till the chinese bike producers started producing clones of it some how PAK SUZUKI decision to kill Mehran represents that they dont want the replica to succeed the Chinese clones produced locally ,but it will be a tricky business since Mehran vendor and Mechanics are spread all across Pakistan and leaving the field will be a big mistake . Only time will tell
Maruti 800 was discontinued in India thanks to their own Alto models outselling it and more importantly the new emission norms kicking in.

In Pakistan, many new brands are making an entry and the playing field will see a lot of changes, including emission norms. Suzuki is making the right call by betting on better engines.

This doesnt apply in Pakistan as in a million Rs there is no option available also later model of Suzuki after Mehran are not making inroads alright numbers are there but not due to features or anything but lack of availability it is surprizing to many we still import more than 33% of our needed cars majority are small 660cc to 1000 CC , Paksuzuki will have run for money in coming days from Koreans and Chinese i see market as follow

0- 1.0 Mil - Chinese MArket (60%) Market Approx
1.0 - 2.0 Mil - Korean (30%) Market
2.0 - 3.0 Mil Japanese (10%) Market

Maruti 800 was discontinued in India thanks to their own Alto models outselling it and more importantly the new emission norms kicking in.

In Pakistan, many new brands are making an entry and the playing field will see a lot of changes, including emission norms. Suzuki is making the right call by betting on better engines.

Spy shot of new model undergoing testing?

NewModel.jpg

It is not easy to combine the frugality of a Suzuki with the luxury of a Corolla. :D

Back
Top Bottom