What's new

What Good Are the Indian Navy's Aircraft Carriers Against Pakistan?

Really?? That was quick. As if AC is going to dock in pak shipyard..

If its parked at Pak shipyard, that will be save and sound, but a distance of about 500km for Indian Aircraft carrier, a ideal target practice, tell what BMD can save ur aircraft carrier from sinking down into the ocean!

If its parked at Pak shipyard, that will be save and sound, but a distance of about 500km for Indian Aircraft carrier, a ideal target practice, tell what BMD can save ur aircraft carrier from sinking down into the ocean!

How you are going to track AC which is stationed 500km? Target practice :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.. you are quite funny.

How you are going to track AC which is stationed 500km? Target practice :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.. you are quite funny.

Terminal tracking and location identification is what Babur N missiles does so effective, Babur Naval has precise accuracy using INS‎, ‎TERCOM‎/‎DSMAC‎, GPS, guidance system. You can run but you can't hide!

Terminal tracking and location identification is what Babur N missiles does so effective, Babur Naval has precise accuracy using INS‎, ‎TERCOM‎/‎DSMAC‎, GPS, guidance system. You can run but you can't hide!

Or we can just knock Baburs out of the sky.

Last edited:
3348301677_79675b9f01_o.jpg

NO. 8 SQUADRON'S "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" SUCCEEDS
1500 HOURS - 30 MAY 1995

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman

Interesting incident: In one of the "Inspired Alert" exercises, the PAF pilots were supposed to try to get "as close to the aircraft carrier" as possible without detection, and accomplish other tasks. USN was tasked to detect Pakistani intruders and USN fighters (F-14s) were to intercept them. Both sides had complete freedom in selecting their strategy. The USN was very confident that the PAF Mirages would not be able to get too close, mainly because their RADARs and other equipment were superior to anything Pakistan had. To their amazement, not only did 2 Mirage fighters get "as close as possible", they even flew low beside the aircraft carrier, "buzzing" the deck.

They stayed undetected by flying dangerously low over the sea under RADAR cover, and by creating diversions and fooling them into thinking the main intruders were coming from a different direction (other Mirages, I think). By the time they realized that 2 Mirages had made it close, it was too late to interecept them. This forced even senior USN pilots to react.

You need to improve your knowledge..

Ho argues that the need for self-defense, combined with limited deck space, make it very difficult for INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya,
Hi!
There are certain gigantic fallacies in this argument and the who article seems poorly researched. I wonder how come such articles even get published?
Here is my take on the matter-
1) The author has considered IN and PN as "near-peer" adversaries of each other. This assumption is completely erroneous as is not based on facts. If we consider the size of both the navies and the induction programs of both the navies for next 10 years, we would quickly realize where both the navies stand wrt each other.

2) Secondly the author has assumed that Vikramaditya and Vikrant are defenseless. This is certainly not true as both has been equipped with Barak-8 SAMs with a range of 70-90kms. Barak's aerodynamic layout is apt for defeating highly maneuvering targets and has been even tested against supersonic targets.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201703251051955276-india-barak-8-vikramaditya-firing/

3) Vikramaditya and Vikrant both can furnish 48 fighter jets to the high intensity conflict should the need arise. This is a healthy figure against PN that will be hard pressed for better fighter jets. The author has also erroneously assumed that fighter and pilots cant be shared between the two carriers. This is not particularly true in the sense that both of them will be operating mig-29s and similar sets of AEW assets. Both the carriers are different structurally however in terms of air assets, they are virtually same, hence both aircrafts(Mig-29/NLCA) and pilots can be interchangeably used.
In my view the major challenge to IN comes from PN's undersea platforms-- particularly submarines, it is for this reason that IN should have more than 20 P-8i(from the current order of just 12 P-8is-8+4). IN should also procure more Kamorta type sub-3000t platforms especially for submarine hunting. Also IN should have healthy mix of conventional subs to take care of 8 chinese subs that are going to be inducted into PN.
With the availability rates of Mig-29K going up, I believe they can certainly take part in high intensity short conflict.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about kid!!

And Barak 8,barak1,shtil-1 will provide layered defence to Indian CBG in case you didn't know.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about kid!!

And Barak 8,barak1,shtil-1 will provide layered defence to Indian CBG in case you didn't know.

I think you donot have any idea what I am talking about. I am talking about terrain hugging super sonic moving Babur N with a barage of 50 Missiles, with terminal guidance and route changing, are an easy target of your Air craft carrier...it will sink your aircraft carrier. Barak 8, and BMD cannot stop such a barrage of missiles!

I think you donot have any idea what I am talking about. I am talking about terrain hugging super sonic moving Babur N with a barage of 50 Missiles, with terminal guidance and route changing, are an easy target of your Air craft carrier...it will sink your aircraft carrier. Barak 8, and BMD cannot stop such a barrage of missiles!
Lols you have no clue!! :lol:
Barak 8 or even Barak 1 can easily take down any sea skimming missile. That's precisely what they are designed to do.
Barak 8 has the capability to take down both subsonic and supersonic missiles!!.
No matter what number of missile you fire at the CBG EL/M 2248 AESA radars can track 200+ targets at ranges of 450 km and guide multiple missiles.
And in reality you don't fire 50 missiles to take down a single carrier that only happens in your fantacies.:disagree::crazy:

And in case you didn't know babur is a sub Sonic missile.
Stop posting nonsense.

Also every almost all CM's out there have terminal guidance and ability to navigate waypoints!!
Babur n(harbag) is just like any other subsonic cruise missile.
What is so special here.
TERCOM(terrain contour matching) is useless at sea. You need some form of terrain for that to work. TERCOM is mainly used while it is doing land attack role.

Lols you have no clue!! :lol:
Barak 8 or even Barak 1 can easily take down any sea skimming missile. That's precisely what they are designed to do.
Barak 8 has the capability to take down both subsonic and supersonic missiles!!.
No matter what number of missile you fire at the CBG EL/M 2248 AESA radars can track 200+ targets at ranges of 450 km and guide multiple missiles.
And in reality you don't fire 50 missiles to take down a single carrier that only happens in your fantacies.:disagree::crazy:

And in case you didn't know babur is a sub Sonic missile.
Stop posting nonsense.

Also every almost all CM's out there have terminal guidance and ability to navigate waypoints!!
Babur n(harbag) is just like any other subsonic cruise missile.
What is so special here.
TERCOM(terrain contour matching) is useless at sea. You need some form of terrain for that to work. TERCOM is mainly used while it is doing land attack role.

Bruv, silly fantasy world you live in, Barak 8 or whatever, have you seen any practical war scenarios where they have successfully intercepted 50 odd missiles down?

I am not sure what you said Barak 8 can take down both subsonic and supersonic missiles!, my search doesnot confirm, neither seen any evidence, nor any video proof yet.

Any evidence to show that "CBG EL/M 2248 AESA radars can track 200+", ?

Back
Top Bottom