What's new

what do you think of arranged marriages

It's so sick to hear. If someone said me that my sister would gonna marry with my cousin, I'd probably kill him and blow up the whole grannies club who had decided so.

It's so sick to hear. If someone said me that my sister would gonna marry with my cousin, I'd probably kill him and blow up the whole grannies club who had decided so.

Bro, im not in favour of cousin marriages and neither will I do so. I wont even consider it, but we should respect those who are married with their cousins and such comments are not exactly helping.......

That is disgusting.

STFU-WW2-4Words.jpg

Bro, im not in favour of cousin marriages and neither will I do so. I wont even consider it, but we should respect those who are married with their cousins and such comments are not exactly helping.......

Catched up a good point. I appreciate your request :)

Growing up in two cultures and from my personal observation, I think arrange marriage is the right idea however the people should know get to know each other well so date each other for six months to one year and then get married in a reasonable way. Marriage is a commitment and having seen my gramps married for almost 70 years , i can rightfully say there is something in south asian culture that keeps things together, may be it is the commitment part or something. On the other side of my familie, i can't remember a marriage that has lasted more than 4 years, so here is my anecdotal bias. Also having gone through my rebel phase monsieurs, i will agree with my pakistan/inde posters assertion that our parents know us much better than we really think.

I know this is a weird angle, but I also noticed that people who wait until marriage for intercourse tend to have more stable relationships then people who live with each other for couple of years before deciding to get married but may that has to with things getting stale or something. It's very complicated and hard to explain but I think my south asienne culture side does something right that is why they appear to me more happier even though they have less wealth on that side of familie, which just does not add up from my perspective because money makes me happy :) (kidding)

Everyone who is mad is probably married to their own cousin or the result of one.

Go on and try to deny there is nothing wrong with marrying your cousin. It's just a way to keep the wealth in the family. But your children pay the price

I wasn't much serious on my prev post.

Well, of course there may people have/had to marry with their relatives because of family traditions and in respect of elder people. I respect that. Everybody should respect that. But by giving that decision they are killing the hopes and unlived dreams of younger population. Think about you are a teenager you can't love&flirt&spend time with any girl because there's a female relative of you that you'll marry with her in the future. But personally what I believe is LOVE. Man should run after the girl that he wants to marry, like a soldier fights till die. But as I mentioned before. I just expressed my personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom