What's new

what do you think of arranged marriages

Random Boy

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Today, arranged marriage is largely practiced in South Asia (India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka),[1] Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia and East Asia to some extent.[2] Other groups that practice this custom include the Unification Church. It should not be confused with the practice of forced marriage. Arranged marriages are usually seen in Indian, Southeast Asian and African cultures, especially among royalty, and are usually set up by the parents or an older family member. The match could be selected by parents, a matchmaking agent, matrimonial site, or a trusted third party. In many communities, priests or religious leaders as well as relatives or family friends play a major role in matchmaking.
Arranged marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also some roma have the Tradition of arranged marriage, eventhough not in my Family. but i heard of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Arranged marriages seem to work out more than love marriages from my perspective....every love marriage i've known have ended in disaster .... and arranged marriages on the other hand seem to be working fine...

Arranged marriages are sex marriage..
if you want to live with somebody for rest of your life, its got to be for more reason than food and sex. :chilli:

It is more assisted marriage not arranged these days in cities like Mumbai and Delhi, like you will get introduced to various girls and if you like her and she likes you it can be arranged :)

actually arrange marriages are better than love marriages because they are long lasting...the reason is that parents knows best abut passing life so thats y they choose a girl which suits his sons personality the most...

If your lucky to find someone you love and is your soul mate do not let anyone stop you from being with that person but love can also grow over time. It really is a choice of the individual to make but do not let anyone force you to marry someone whom you do not wish to be with that is wrong.

If your lucky to find someone you love and is your soul mate do not let anyone stop you from being with that person but love can also grow over time. It really is a choice of the individual to make but do not let anyone force you to marry someone whom you do not wish to be with that is wrong.

yeah its about companionship..

Arrange marriages tend to work more successfully than love marriages in our society. But my personal opinion is that the boy and the girl, or their families altogether, must know each other for quite good time. Nothing like getting a shock on the wedding day. I also do have faith in love-cum-arrange marriages.

Arranged marriages are sex marriage..
if you want to live with somebody for rest of your life, its got to be for more reason than food and sex. :chilli:

wrong , and absolutely wrong ....
you want no reason for loving your wife , or she is your life .....

First parents know there kids better then kids know themselves second to single man even a donkey with lipstick on it looks beautiful till its too late and they are stuck in long and miserable love less life.

This formula of arranged marriages doesent work for every body but i does for most.Don't fix it if its not broken.

Given how most 'love' marriages tend to mostly fail now-a-days, arranged marriages aren't a bad alternative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom