What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

He might be alive, or at least saw the pop in 2000s

You are correct.

Yeah, I think those youth belonged to upper class family or at least theschool standard was high back then.

Not about upper class. In those days there were teachers who were British or the schooling at least in the cities had the direct remnants of British environment. The accent was because of that atmosphere. Now the schooling is desi'fied so the accent reflects the student's family environment, the community environment and the modern fashion environment.

Compare the accents of Nehru and Jinnah with today's accents of even the urbanites from the current desi political class. A drastic difference.

So at least in language schooling you are right that the standard was good.

The most disheart one the girl who thinks she can't become an actress. Probably bcz she is not beautiful (she is btw). Now, at least good acting skills land you in film career. 05:19

Yeah, she was charming. And I agree that now good acting skills can lead to success too. Look at Shahrukh Khan, not really a good-looker but his early roles led him to success.

The most realistic boy was who was saying that we are just chest thumping and feeling good by comapring it with British rule. 06:10 guy said somewhere.

Watched that bit again and I agree with him. Even in those days, Germany and Japan coming out from war devastation were so much more advanced than India which hadn't seen war touching almost all its regions. India had no excuse not be developed. The blame lay in the non-industriousness and non-enthusiasm of most of its people.

Last edited:
Listen to this one- I loved it
The whole Indian Punjabi entertainment industry is killing it
I don't know what we are doing despite being so populas ...
A travesty really
Shamoon Ismail etc are good but not going the next level - besides who listens to R&B Punjabi music
not a lot of people

Last edited:
Now I want to spoil your mood so I present the cringe horror of Dhinchak Pooja : :rofl:

@Naofumi @Zibago @Goenitz @vishwambhar @KedarT
No thanks😷

'Tune o rangeele kaisa jaadu kiya' originally from the film Kudrat but sung charmingly here by Sarrika Singh on stage. Must complement these musicians and also the original music composer RD Burman.

@Goenitz @vishwambhar @KedarT @Sainthood 101
Don't know why but this song sounds more 90s than 80s.

challo koi ni, @jamahir policy differences and mutual caused infuriation aside... gana suno:

Johnny Cash is mast, US mein is ko lefties are tryiing to claim him as one of their own because:

challo koi ni, @jamahir policy differences and mutual caused infuriation aside... gana suno:

Johnny Cash is mast, US mein is ko lefties are tryiing to claim him as one of their own because:

The first one is okay types but the second one is very good. I can understand why the lefties want to claim him.

The first one is okay types but the second one is very good. I can understand why the lefties want to claim him.
kya baat kar rahe ho yaar

everybody knows that you still miss the Libya waaley Colonel saab

at your door the leaves are falling

fascists be lynching everyone

and you still miss colonel

at your door the leaves are falling

fascists be lynching everyone

and you still miss colonel

The Colonel was among the last ones of the old revolutionary, internationalist progressive types. Hugo Chavez and Castro dead. Though Assad lives. So does Carlos ( the Jackal ).

Back
Top Bottom