What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

Because Imran Khan , Pakistan Government is crippled?!!! how is that even possible?

well not like really crippled.... its like they started working, progressing, making the price of petrol (our jewel) low..:-)

I had read this book in my University library; it was written by a Pakistani author named Gonsalves or Mascerenhas - "The Rape of Bangla Desh". It was really well written. I thought the Musharraf memoir was well-written except for certain parts where he blows his own trumpet.

well not like really crippled.... its like they started working, progressing, making the price of petrol (our jewel) low..:-)

oooh i get it now... is he in a Political Party? which one?

btw haha why are u el lobo? do you speak spanish or just this word

I had read this book in my University library; it was written by a Pakistani author named Gonsalves or Mascerenhas - "The Rape of Bangla Desh". It was really well written. I thought the Musharraf memoir was well-written except for certain parts where he blows his own trumpet.

ooh I never saw that book... let me try to find it .. thanks a lot :) :)

Mexican President will not go anywhere... he is just too close to the US or Europe... and it's all just too messed up... we would need a whole new bunch of people to replace everyone... there's simply too much corruption, impunity, clientelism, drugcartels-government networks... argh..

Thats a bummer ! :(

Is the Army working harder on these militants since the Karachi Airport episode? or something else?

I think the operation was launched because of a number of reasons. The Army was initially letting the Government negotiate with them but when the TTP executed 23 of our Frontier Corp (paramilitary organization) men who had been captured in 2010. The Army launched the Operation and ditched the negotiations.

The Army was thinking of going in NW for a long time but the previous Army Chief wasn't too keen; the current one was more the keen. Hes responsible for writing our Army's counter-terrorism manual and he comes from a family of heroes. His brother was a '65 and '71 War Hero who was also the most decorated soldier in the history of the Pakistan Army and was martyred in '71 War and was given the highest military award - the Nisha-e-Haider. The current Army Chief is also the nephew of another '65 War Hero who too was given the highest military award - the Nishan-e-Haider. The rarity of the Nishan-e-Haider can be gauged by the fact that despite Pakistan fighting so many wars and skirmishes over the years only 11 people have ever received it and all were posthumous.

So the Army Chief not only comes from a military family which has proven their mettle in war for Pakistan but is also keen on riding terrorism from Pakistani soil. Recently he said in an interview that 'he has not forgotten the terrorists who played football with the heads of our soldiers'.

So far Operation Zarb-e-Azb has cleared most of NW where the Army has fought against terrorists from all ideologies and organizations. We've lost about 87 of our soldiers while the enemy has lost more than a 1100 terrorists.

You can read more of it here: Operation Zarb-e-Azb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

have you been on these protests?! does Nawaz have any allies? or people who support him?

because in Mexico the president has no one from the masses who actually want him or support him

People are divided on this issue; most agree that there has been widespread rigging in the elections and that the current Government is not delivering on the promises that they haven't made.

But because thousands of people have come to the Protests than it shows that Imran Khan has public support and these Protests are by-the-way uninterrupted in that they've going on every single day.

Thats a bummer ! :(

I think the operation was launched because of a number of reasons. The Army was initially letting the Government negotiate with them but when the TTP executed 23 of our Frontier Corp (paramilitary organization) men who had been captured in 2010. The Army launched the Operation and ditched the negotiations.

The Army was thinking of going in NW for a long time but the previous Army Chief wasn't too keen; the current one was more the keen. Hes responsible for writing our Army's counter-terrorism manual and he comes from a family of heroes. His brother was a '65 and '71 War Hero who was also the most decorated soldier in the history of the Pakistan Army and was martyred in '71 War and was given the highest military award - the Nisha-e-Haider. The current Army Chief is also the nephew of another '65 War Hero who too was given the highest military award - the Nishan-e-Haider. The rarity of the Nishan-e-Haider can be gauged by the fact that despite Pakistan fighting so many wars and skirmishes over the years only 11 people have ever received it and all were posthumous.

So the Army Chief not only comes from a military family which has proven their mettle in war for Pakistan but is also keen on riding terrorism from Pakistani soil. Recently he said in an interview that 'he has not forgotten the terrorists who played football with the heads of our soldiers'.

So far Operation Zarb-e-Azb has cleared most of NW where the Army has fought against terrorists from all ideologies and organizations. We've lost about 87 of our soldiers while the enemy has lost more than a 1100 terrorists.

You can read more of it here: Operation Zarb-e-Azb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People are divided on this issue; most agree that there has been widespread rigging in the elections and that the current Government is not delivering on the promises that they haven't made.

But because thousands of people have come to the Protests than it shows that Imran Khan has public support and these Protests are by-the-way uninterrupted in that they've going on every single day.

oooh!... so again Government had no idea how to handle things ....
Who is the new Army Chief? Raheel Sharif? and before it was Kayani?

wow then it's getting serious .... does the army not say anything about these protests? would they work with Imran Khan? is there no chance that Army takes down the government?

oooh!... so again Government had no idea how to handle things ....
Who is the new Army Chief? Raheel Sharif? and before it was Kayani?

wow then it's getting serious .... does the army not say anything about these protests? would they work with Imran Khan? is there no chance that Army takes down the government?

The new chief is Raheel Sharif and yes before it was Kayani.

The Army is not interfering in politics for now; they're busy with counter-terrorism and since Kayani the army appears to have been somewhat depoliticized.

The new chief is Raheel Sharif and yes before it was Kayani.

The Army is not interfering in politics for now; they're busy with counter-terrorism and since Kayani the army appears to have been somewhat depoliticized.

I see... wow thanks a lot for the explaining... I need to read more again haha

How do you even get time to know all these things? :woot::woot:

I see... wow thanks a lot for the explaining... I need to read more again haha

How do you even get time to know all these things? :woot::woot:

I'm a Pakistani; God's finest creation ! :smokin:

Its late; I'd better be off ! :)

Merry Christmas ! :partay:

@Karla M Hello,
When you are done with your thesis is there anyway you could post it online so that we could read it ? Perhaps you could post it on PDF before you submit it so that all the boffins here can review it...by the time these guys will be done with it, it will be gospel :)

@Karla M Hello,
When you are done with your thesis is there anyway you could post it online so that we could read it ? Perhaps you could post it on PDF before you submit it so that all the boffins here can review it...by the time these guys will be done with it, it will be gospel :)

hmm of course I would love to post it here!
the only issue is that i am writing it in spanish! :-/

hmm of course I would love to post it here!
the only issue is that i am writing it in spanish! :-/
It's ok post it in Spanish...we will use Google translate. Or some other member can translate it.

Hii
nice to meet you and thanks a lot !!
well last month my topic was approved but it was a little bit reshaped:

Chaper one: Theoric stuff and South Asian context (in process)

Chapter two: Modern Pakistan
-Backgroud (done)
-Two Nation theory and struggle for Pakistan (done)
-Pakistan partition 1971 (done)
-Provinces

Chapter three: Pak Army
-army and militan nationalism
-The army and its civil relations during Ayub Khan
- Islamization during Zia ul Haq
- _________________ during Musharraf (Im not sure what topic to write that describes his government)

-Kashmir
-Wars about kashmir
-Kashmir insurgency in 90s
-nuclearization of the armed forces
-Kargil and proxy wars

Afghanistan
- Initial pakistani recognition of Taliban regime
-War on Terror 2001 onwards

Chapter four: Pakistan foreign relations
- International actors --- US, Russia, China and UN
-Neighbor states ------ Afghanistan, India, Iran

So basically this is how it is structured!
if
well i found a few books but i seem to have forgotten their writers LOLLLLZZZZ
For the Army the books are:
The Betrayal of East Pakistan by A.A.K Niazi
From Kutch to Tashkent
The History of Indo Pak War of 1965 by Lt Gen Mahmud Ahmed
The Pakistan Army by Stephen P Cohen

and these are some other books which i could not categorize
Pakistan a Garrison State
Pakistan a hard country

Back
Top Bottom