What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

Witness to surrender
Shahabnama (I doubt you'll find it in english but this is a book written by a man who served 4 administrations)

@Karla M Send me a list of topics of thesis, I'll try to help u to best of my ability.

Witness to surrender
Shahabnama (I doubt you'll find it in english but this is a book written by a man who served 4 administrations)

@Karla M Send me a list of topics of thesis, I'll try to help u to best of my ability.

Hii
nice to meet you and thanks a lot !!
well last month my topic was approved but it was a little bit reshaped:

Chaper one: Theoric stuff and South Asian context (in process)

Chapter two: Modern Pakistan
-Backgroud (done)
-Two Nation theory and struggle for Pakistan (done)
-Pakistan partition 1971 (done)
-Provinces

Chapter three: Pak Army
-army and militan nationalism
-The army and its civil relations during Ayub Khan
- Islamization during Zia ul Haq
- _________________ during Musharraf (Im not sure what topic to write that describes his government)

-Kashmir
-Wars about kashmir
-Kashmir insurgency in 90s
-nuclearization of the armed forces
-Kargil and proxy wars

Afghanistan
- Initial pakistani recognition of Taliban regime
-War on Terror 2001 onwards

Chapter four: Pakistan foreign relations
- International actors --- US, Russia, China and UN
-Neighbor states ------ Afghanistan, India, Iran

So basically this is how it is structured!
if

Where have I been ? :o:
Where have you been ? :unsure:
You were missed ! :(

I was struggling with this! :( had to do some mini thesis to get my topic approved ... I hardly advanced in my actual thesis... :mad:

I missed you too, yaar!! How is everything going?

I was struggling with this! :( had to do some mini thesis to get my topic approved ... I hardly advanced in my actual thesis... :mad:

I missed you too, yaar!! How is everything going?

Ahhhh everything is fine ! :)

Hows everything on your end ?

Ahhhh everything is fine ! :)

Hows everything on your end ?
Good to hear that! :man_in_love:

me... a bit frustrated but thesis aside.... everything is fine! getting ready for christmas and all!

there was a serious social crisis here a few weeks ago! and even now... I dont know if you read on news!

Good to hear that! :man_in_love:

me... a bit frustrated but thesis aside.... everything is fine! getting ready for christmas and all!

there was a serious social crisis here a few weeks ago! and even now... I dont know if you read on news!

No I didn't; what happened ? :what:

No I didn't; what happened ? :what:

uuhm 43 students were kidnapped by police and given to a drug cartel to kill them... while some protests asking for their appearance were going on ... many other bodies were found!! ... and when attourney general was giving a speech about it he stopped answering questions saying he was feeling tired :woot: hahaha

anyway... something new going on in Pakistan? I have been re

uuhm 43 students were kidnapped by police and given to a drug cartel to kill them... while some protests asking for their appearance were going on ... many other bodies were found!! ... and when attourney general was giving a speech about it he stopped answering questions saying he was feeling tired :woot: hahaha

anyway... something new going on in Pakistan? I have been re

Ohhh so thats what the protests against the President were all about; I heard about them on BBC but I thought it was just politics.

Thats so cruel ! :(

New; well with the Ashraf Ghani now as Afghanistan's President the Pak-Afghan relations are getting somewhat better. We've targeted a lot of militants that were fighting the Afghan Security Forces and they've given us the TTP no.2 (of a few years ago) ! :)

Elsewhere the pressure on the Pakistani PM is still raging on as Imran Khan and the PTI refuse to stand down; now its something like a couple of months worth of Protests against the current Government.

Ohhh so thats what the protests against the President were all about; I heard about them on BBC but I thought it was just politics.

Thats so cruel ! :(

New; well with the Ashraf Ghani now as Afghanistan's President the Pak-Afghan relations are getting somewhat better. We've targeted a lot of militants that were fighting the Afghan Security Forces and they've given us the TTP no.2 (of a few years ago) ! :)

Elsewhere the pressure on the Pakistani PM is still raging on as Imran Khan and the PTI refuse to stand down; now its something like a couple of months worth of Protests against the current Government.

yes... cruel and powerless ahh!! and in those days... it was exposed a new $7.3million usd house for the president and his wife (an "actress") ... and then they said his wife bought it:omghaha: with savings from her soap operas....

oooh.. so Pak Afghan relations are getting better!
Ashraf Ghani is not a pashtun, right?
These militants are in KP ? or Afghanistan?

when are the next elections in Pakistan? or is it really likely that Nawaz will go? :what:

You will! Pakistan is such a young state...

Mexico after independence (1821) was a whole mess...
we lost half our territory as well in a war with the US (1846-47)...
even 100 years after independence we had our Revolution (1910-1921)

it's all a whole slow process...

well i dont think its a slow process:p::p:....just look at IK talking about new Pakistan:crazy::crazy:....i dont know that his plan C will work or not but i do know this that because of him the government is crippled (jan k laly parr jana for urdu readers):yahoo::yahoo:

yes... cruel and powerless ahh!! and in those days... it was exposed a new $7.3million usd house for the president and his wife (an "actress") ... and then they said his wife bought it:omghaha: with savings from her soap operas....

oooh.. so Pak Afghan relations are getting better!
Ashraf Ghani is not a pashtun, right?
These militants are in KP ? or Afghanistan?

when are the next elections in Pakistan? or is it really likely that Nawaz will go? :what:

So is there any chance that the President will resign and let justice prevail ?

Ashraf Ghani is indeed a Pashtun !

The militants were in the last uncleared Pakistani Tribal Agency - North Waziristan and the Operation Zarb-e-Azb was launched to clear it; North Waziristan was a hotbed of militants from everywhere.

The Army Chief made it clear that all militants are being targeted without discrimination and so even the Afghan Taliban were targeted along with the TTP and other militants who were fighting Pakistan.

The next elections ought to be in 2018 but because there have been allegation of widespread rigging; PTI - the second largest Party - has held demonstrations in major cities of Pakistan for the past couple of months with thousands of people attending their demonstrations.

I hope he goes but hes like your President I suppose; he'd try to hold onto power till the very last.

well i dont think its a slow process:p::p:....just look at IK talking about new Pakistan:crazy::crazy:....i dont know that his plan C will work or not but i do know this that because of him the government is crippled (jan k laly parr jana for urdu readers):yahoo::yahoo:

Because Imran Khan , Pakistan Government is crippled?!!! how is that even possible?

So is there any chance that the President will resign and let justice prevail ?

Ashraf Ghani is indeed a Pashtun !

The militants were in the last uncleared Pakistani Tribal Agency - North Waziristan and the Operation Zarb-e-Azb was launched to clear it; North Waziristan was a hotbed of militants from everywhere.

The Army Chief made it clear that all militants are being targeted without discrimination and so even the Afghan Taliban were targeted along with the TTP and other militants who were fighting Pakistan.

The next elections ought to be in 2018 but because there have been allegation of widespread rigging; PTI - the second largest Party - has held demonstrations in major cities of Pakistan for the past couple of months with thousands of people attending their demonstrations.

I hope he goes but hes like your President I suppose; he'd try to hold onto power till the very last.

Mexican President will not go anywhere... he is just too close to the US or Europe... and it's all just too messed up... we would need a whole new bunch of people to replace everyone... there's simply too much corruption, impunity, clientelism, drugcartels-government networks... argh..

Is the Army working harder on these militants since the Karachi Airport episode? or something else?
have you been on these protests?! does Nawaz have any allies? or people who support him?

because in Mexico the president has no one from the masses who actually want him or support him

Back
Top Bottom