What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

If you want some truth with minmum lies this book:
India, Pakistan and nuclear weapons
India, Pakistan and nuclear weapons - The Hindu

If you want a lot of lies and a little bit of truth than this one:
Deception: Pakistan, the United States and the Global Nuclear Weapons Conspiracy
Deception: Pakistan, the United States and the Global Nuclear Weapons Conspiracy: Amazon.co.uk: Adrian Levy, Catherine Scott-Clark: Books

If you want the most truth try this book:
Making the Bomb: Pakistan’s Nuclear Journey
http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/article/making-bomb-pakistan%E2%80%99s-nuclear-journey

Haha that's a nice way to classify
Going to read them! Thanks :D

@Karla M - A good book to check out about the alleged atrocities committed by the Pakistan Army during the '71 War is 'Behind the Myth of the 3 million figure' - Its written by a Bangladeshi !

Its only 40 pages long & its well references & you can download it from here (free) : Behind the Myth of 3 million

This book coupled with Death Reckoning by Sarmilla Bose, Blood & Tears by Qutubuddin Aibak amongst others makes a case that whereas human rights abuses were committed our Soldiers weren't a bunch of sociopaths running around hacking innocent Bengalis & raping every Bengali woman they could find. And it also dispels the carefully crafted veneer of the Mukti Bahini as the proverbial knights in shinning armor who could do no wrong & didn't harm a single soul; Blood & Tears provides pictorial evidence to substantiate how they tortured & killed anyone thought of collaborating with Pakistan even after Dhaka had fallen.

You can download (for free) Blood & Tears from here: Blood and Tears

So please when you write about Pakistan during the '71 War - Be gentle with us because so far as '71 is concerned we were far from perfect but we're not the Monsters we're portrayed to be !

@Karla M - A good book to check out about the alleged atrocities committed by the Pakistan Army during the '71 War is 'Behind the Myth of the 3 million figure' - Its written by a Bangladeshi !

Its only 40 pages long & its well references & you can download it from here (free) : Behind the Myth of 3 million

This book coupled with Death Reckoning by Sarmilla Bose, Blood & Tears by Qutubuddin Aibak amongst others makes a case that whereas human rights abuses were committed our Soldiers weren't a bunch of sociopaths running around hacking innocent Bengalis & raping every Bengali woman they could find. And it also dispels the carefully crafted veneer of the Mukti Bahini as the proverbial knights in shinning armor who could do no wrong & didn't harm a single soul; Blood & Tears provides pictorial evidence to substantiate how they tortured & killed anyone thought of collaborating with Pakistan even after Dhaka had fallen.

So please when you write about Pakistan during the '71 War - Be gentle with us because so far as '71 is concerned we were far from perfect but we're not the Monsters we're portrayed to be !

Hi Armstrong!

Thanks a lot... Just now I finished writing about this war ... So I still have all kind of fresh ... I'm going to take a look of these books and see what I can add :)

see, my first chapter is about how Modern Pakistan came to be

1.4. Partition of Pakistan 1971
1.4.1. discontent of East Pakistan
1.4.2. General Elections of 1970
1.4.3. Indian Intervention and third Indo-Pak war

I tried to write things as real as I could...

After National Assembly was postponed (since Bhutto banned his party to attend) East Pakistan realized they wouldn't get anywhere, so secession demands started and armed militias started recruiting and organizing main one being Mukti Bahani.

Since East Pakistan felt close to hindu Bengalis, India had some sort of influence there, and before Operation Searchlight, India would have preferred a powerful East Pakistan, but after this operation, they would rather want an independent Bangladesh with influence over political leadership... so with the excuse of getting so many refugees and being in danger, they started training, recruiting and supplying in East Pakistan.

I didnt give much focus of massacres violations of human rights and all that... in conflict zones these happens.. I tried to focus more on the political situation and military moves

is there something I am wrong? or I could add? or take??

@Karla M - A good book to check out about the alleged atrocities committed by the Pakistan Army during the '71 War is 'Behind the Myth of the 3 million figure' - Its written by a Bangladeshi !!

why is my repply awaiting for moderator approval? :woot:

FORGIVE US CUZ YAHYA WAS A DRUNKARD, btw how much money can i transfer in your account to keep the 71 event hidden?

yes... :o:
let me try again:

Hi Armstrong!

Thanks a lot... Just now I finished writing about this war ... So I still have all kind of fresh ... I'm going to take a look of these books and see what I can add :)

see, my first chapter is about how Modern Pakistan came to be

1.4. Partition of Pakistan 1971
1.4.1. discontent of East Pakistan
1.4.2. General Elections of 1970
1.4.3. Indian Intervention and third Indo-Pak war

I tried to write things as real as I could...

After National Assembly was postponed (since Bhutto banned his party to attend) East Pakistan realized they wouldn't get anywhere, so secession demands started and armed militias started recruiting and organizing main one being Mukti Bahani.

Since East Pakistan felt close to hindu Bengalis, India had some sort of influence there, and before Operation Searchlight, India would have preferred a powerful East Pakistan, but after this operation, they would rather want an independent Bangladesh with influence over political leadership... so with the excuse of getting so many refugees and being in danger, they started training, recruiting and supplying in East Pakistan.

I didnt give much focus of massacres violations of human rights and all that... in conflict zones these happens.. I tried to focus more on the political situation and military moves

is there something I am wrong? or I could add? or take??

FORGIVE US CUZ YAHYA WAS A DRUNKARD, btw how much money can i transfer in your account to keep the 71 event hidden?

hahaha
dont worry, i didn't write he was drunk or something
just tried to explain how Modern Pakistan looks like now

Last edited:
:yay:

The movie makes me go all teary eyed every time ! :ashamed:

I love Quaid-e-Azam ! :kiss3:

I just hope that someday we can recreate Pakistan in the image he wanted it to be ! :(
Armstoring , i need your opinion, now that Asmatullah Maviya has surrendered, what do you think should we send then in IOK, so they can do something there?

:yay:

The movie makes me go all teary eyed every time ! :ashamed:

I love Quaid-e-Azam ! :kiss3:

I just hope that someday we can recreate Pakistan in the image he wanted it to be ! :(

You will! Pakistan is such a young state...

Mexico after independence (1821) was a whole mess...
we lost half our territory as well in a war with the US (1846-47)...
even 100 years after independence we had our Revolution (1910-1921)

it's all a whole slow process...

You will! Pakistan is such a young state...

Mexico after independence (1821) was a whole mess...
we lost half our territory as well in a war with the US (1846-47)...
even 100 years after independence we had our Revolution (1910-1921)

it's all a whole slow process...

Thank You ! :kiss3:

:offtopic:

@Armstrong

Yesterday I went to the stadium and I just thought you should check it out! Ronaldhino (playing in a Queretaro FC of Mexican League) against my Atlas... he scored this beauty in the last move of the match

Back
Top Bottom