What's new

Western Radar/Grifo-E selected for JF-17?

Most probably this option for export costumers, which will not like/satisfied KLJ-7A or LFK performance, JF-17 has capability to carry and utilized western armaments because its have open system architecture (1753 data bus) but US/West wont allow Pakistan to carry and Utilized western weapons from JF-17, so least Chance we will get western AESA for JF-17 Block-3
as for upgrades of older block-1/2 LFK is the option because it is air cooled and consume less power as compare to KLJ-7A

id probably disagree and say that the Grifo would be the top end option, it would be a better option over the other two due to its ISAR capabilities and just the fact that its operational. The ISAR would allow for better targetting of boats for example and alongside that, the fact that its operational would mean it woudnt have the same teething issues as the newbies. However, i agree, the LFK is a good option for older models.

you're wrong, UK/SAAB co-operating with leonardo for Grippen NG

no, i think you misunderstood.

He said that western firms wouldnt work with PAC, i said but leonardo already is working with PAC.

id probably disagree and say that the Grifo would be the top end option, it would be a better option over the other two due to its ISAR capabilities and just the fact that its operational. The ISAR would allow for better targetting of boats for example and alongside that, the fact that its operational would mean it woudnt have the same teething issues as the newbies. However, i agree, the LFK is a good option for older models.
And please tell me bro will Grifo-E compatible to utilized Chinese weapons, especially SD-10/PL-15

Bro ... Troll Alert.
Stop responding on this thread.
oh you're joking. Your point made no sense. now you're playing me off as being a troll? why are you acting so childish. I clearly stated this is speculation, backed myself up too while all you have said is that nobody from the west would work with Pakistan.

no, i think you misunderstood.

He said that western firms wouldnt work with PAC, i said but leonardo already is working with PAC.
I think the Right word for you is WAS, leonardo WAS working with PAC

And please tell me bro will Grifo-E compatible to utilized Chinese weapons, especially SD-10/PL-15

Of course not, well, probably not, i would assume we would have European weapons, originally when the JF-17 was being designed, a french radar was selected, at that time, the MBDA Mica was being intergrated. I dont see why we couldnt have such a solution? as i said though, i am only speculating and wanted other peoples opinions.

I think the Right word for you is WAS, leonardo WAS working with PAC

But the Grifo was still on the table as reported by Alan Warnes, Leonardo has an Islamabad office and has been a prominent visitor to IDEAS, also, are they still not working with us on burraq/falco?

Has any country ever tried to make an open-source fighter aircraft? Like Linux or something. I think it would be a huge hit.

Before people start raging, understand that I am not a weapons engineer. Like all good ideas, this idea just came to me.

Has any country ever tried to make an open-source fighter aircraft? Like Linux or something. I think it would be a huge hit.

Before people start raging, understand that I am not a weapons engineer. Like all good ideas, this idea just came to me.

The JF-17 is coded in C++, i guess thats kind of similar since its a common language?

The JF-17 is coded in C++, i guess thats kind of similar since its a common language?

Pakistan should just make this fighter jet open source. Make it into a drone and then just turn it into an open-source platform. Make it a symbol of resistance just like the AK-47.

Pakistan should just make this fighter jet open source. Make it into a drone and then just turn it into an open-source platform. Make it a symbol of resistance just like the AK-47.

i assume you're joking.

Of course not, well, probably not, i would assume we would have European weapons, originally when the JF-17 was being designed, a french radar was selected, at that time, the MBDA Mica was being intergrated. I dont see why we couldnt have such a solution? as i said though, i am only speculating and wanted other peoples opinions.

But the Grifo was still on the table as reported by Alan Warnes, Leonardo has an Islamabad office and has been a prominent visitor to IDEAS, also, are they still not working with us on burraq/falco?

How capable Grafo-E is compared to Chinese and other western AESA radar options for JFT?

i assume you're joking.

Not really joking, I know Jf-17 might be a bad example but honestly, why can't we have open-source weapons systems?
I personally see a huge future with open-source weapons. Especially, as drone and 3D-printing technology becomes more advanced and widespread.
There are people who design handguns with 3D plastics in mind so why not drones and other weapon systems?
The Engineering brain is there but the manufacturing capability is not widespread because it requires huge capital.

Think about it, a future with AI building weapons in your barn. You can design a drone that throws pepper spray at your annoying neighbors while they have family members over for a bbq.

Isn't that a world you would like to live in?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom