What's new

We welcome class S20 Submarine in our Naval Fleet Def. Min. Khwaja Asif

It's probably not worth $4-5bn. I think closer to $2 to 2.5bn, but if the $4-5bn figure is true, then I expect this deal involves more than just submarines, possibly include frigates?

And what make you say that. Six submarines under Project 75I gonna cost India close to $10billion, i.e. $1.7 billion each and you think you can get 8 submarines in $2.5billion.

Now from the original news, 8 submarines in $4-5bn i.e. $500-600mn each. Can someone point out why these submarines are so less priced than what India gonna order

Last edited:
ITjgysK.jpg

lkaB19S.jpg

K7Nxh8Y.jpg

LOOKS good. Nice 1.:tup:

And what make you say that. Six submarines under Project 75I gonna cost India close to $10billion, i.e. $1.7 billion each and you think you can get 8 submarines in $2.5billion.

Now from the original news, 8 submarines in $4-5bn i.e. $500-600mn each. Can someone point out why these submarines are so less priced than what India gonna order
these sub's will be made in China, so less labour cost :)

these sub's will be made in China, so less labour cost :)
I suspect the real reason is because they are not making any money out of these submarines,all they want is to keep production line in Wuhan shipyard where these boats will be build to remain open after 2017 when all the PLA order has completed( about 4 or 5 boats yet to construct ). there are some debate within chinese navy whether to put more resource into nuclear power boats. As people may have noticed, there are no news about next generation conventional submarine under development in China.

Abay, Jahil hee rehna....

Where does it confirm such specs as you quoted?

S20 is the export version of the Type39A also known as Type41. Since Pakistan will tailor the boat to its own needs, it can be callled S20 or whatever Pakistan wants.......and be anywhere from 2000 to 3000 tons....if Pakistan goes for the SLCM option, it will be be closer to 3000tons.
This Submarine design is fully Chinese since the Type039 Song Class.

Nokada kazhuveri,

The member whom I quoted asked for the specs of the submarine in the thread title, and these are the sources I followed:

Chinese Shipbuilder CSOC unveiled new Frigate, LHD and Submarine designs

Chinese Shipbuilder CSOC unveiled new Frigate, LHD and Submarine designs at IDEX 2013

039A

I never said the design isn't fully chinese, I said design influences from the Kilo submarines. Whether I can 100% guarantee these are the specs of the subs PN is getting? Obviously not, I just replied to a member with what I had, thats all.

it wont be scaled down but a heavily modified version, normal variant cost around $350 million, PN is paying more than 500, so it will have AIP, and most probably LACM capability.

I said scaled down version, because from the information I got from the sources (refer above), the Type 39A had a displacement of 2600Ton and 3600 Tons whereas S20 had 1800 tons and 2200tons.
Please understand, that by "scaled down" I did not intended to belittle the submarine or its capabilities, but was indicating the differences in tonnages I noticed.

You HAD to say the "scaled down" part didn't you :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::haha:. You guys from India can never change. A "scaled down" gun STILL fires the bullet. Scaled down doesn't mean they took out the bullets and made it a Water spray gun.

BTW, take a look at the cost that the Chinese are charging Pakistan. It's pretty logical to assume that just like everything else they bought from the Chinese; these subs will be customized to teeth, with heavy displacements and with AIP. The Pakistani's bypass ALL export control and capability limitations when they go to the Chinese.

The West would otherwise never sell these capabilities to Pakistan. I think these subs will not only have AIP, they'll follow the Israeli model and would also be used as a part of the second strike capability.

Listen dude, mutual respect is something that everyone will appreciate. I've already explained my post to two members above. Please read them.

Buddy i think you missed the news about scorpenes but they are going to be equipped with AIP in later part which will be more stealthy than yours and don't worry we don't need to worry about your navy our coast guard has many more ships than your navy. So we are not even slightly worried.

buddy no need to bump on threads which are of none of our bussiness.

At the current rated specs, the Agosta 90s of the PN with their AIP running, are more stealthy than anything you have currently including the Scorpene. So yea, there is still time before you get the AIP equipped Scorpene and induct it.

more like 11, hahaha, 3 of them will go to Thailand , Cheers Bro:cheers:
yeah Thailand is also our ally. Chinese sub's are really boon for small budget navies like Pakistan, Thailand,Bangladesh, Indonesia etc etc.
as far as I know even Bangladesh us buying 2 of these sub's, isn't it @BDforever sir ?

The Deadliest Submarines in the World - TheRichest
The type 093 is the S20

yeah Thailand is also our ally. Chinese sub's are really boon for small budget navies like Pakistan, Thailand,Bangladesh, Indonesia etc etc.
as far as I know even Bangladesh us buying 2 of these sub's, isn't it @BDforever sir ?

Indonesia has a small navy budget? :O

They are negotiating; nothing has been confirmed yet.

After we induct the 8 Submarines we'll officially be the top fifth navy with the most Submarines tieing with Japan.
Total Submarine Strength by Country

Yeah i agree with you for now.
But these agostas have been stretched for too long which should have been retired many years ago.
But our submarines are getting upgraded in russian shipyards with new systems.
And after we have our indigenous AIP they wil equip sindhu and other other class with indigenous AIPs
Also you must be knowing that 48+ ships are in construction in indian shipyards which include 6 scorpenes and 2 arihant class which will be joined by 75i and s5 class ssbn in few months and then 6 ssns

I was talking about the Agosta 90 which first came in commission in 1999.......Agosta 70 will be retired as soon as the first two boats from China are delivered.

Back
Top Bottom