What's new

We do not want to be enemies with Turkey

BronzePlaque

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
11 May 2012 13:00
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said that Iraq has no problems with Turkey and does not want to be an enemy of Turkey.

IRBIL

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said that Iraq has no problems with Turkey and does not want to be an enemy of Turkey.
Maliki talked to NRT TV channel broadcasting in Irbil.
Maliki said that he aims for the foreign policy of Iraq to develop relationship with world countries.
Maliki said that Turkey and Iraq were neighbouring countries and have common interests.
“Our mutual trade volume reached around 15 billion USD. We opened our doors for Turkish companies. We do not want to be an enemy of Turkey, Iran, USA, Saudi Arabia or any other country”, said Maliki.
Maliki said that the problems in Iraq were usually due to the disagreement with the regional administration in northern Iraq.
“The strength of Iraq lies in the unity of all groups. We can not be powerful unless we eliminate the disagreement among us,” said Maliki.

Source

11 May 2012 13:00

IRBIL

Maliki talked to NRT TV channel broadcasting in Irbil.
Maliki said that he aims for the foreign policy of Iraq to develop relationship with world countries.
Maliki said that Turkey and Iraq were neighbouring countries and have common interests.
“Our mutual trade volume reached around 15 billion USD. We opened our doors for Turkish companies. We do not want to be an enemy of Turkey, Iran, USA, Saudi Arabia or any other country”, said Maliki.
Maliki said that the problems in Iraq were usually due to the disagreement with the regional administration in northern Iraq.
“The strength of Iraq lies in the unity of all groups. We can not be powerful unless we eliminate the disagreement among us,” said Maliki.

Source

I've said it a few times before, but if you are going to abolish differences you need to marry cross cultures, religions and mezhebs. However if you marry someone who cannot respect their spous as their equal then you have someone who thinks they're above the laws.

Just look at the power struggle in Iraq. Sunni, Shiiti and kurds (turkmen are caught in between). two of them are from different mezhebs hanifi and safi (pick your own spelling).

It's really sad. Maliki is most definitely trying to hog the power, Saddam had after all given power to the sunnis, now that a shiiti has come to power, he's trying to do the same.

How can you not have a problem with Turkey when north Iraq and even the pm fully supports the terrorist group PKK?? How can you not have a problem with Turkey when you try to devide north Iraq and change it to a kurdish state? What a bullshit PM. You can not even take him as a person to talk or to deal. In my opinion Turkey just needs to invade north Iraq, taking out PKK terrorist and stay there and stabilisch the place and keep it for Iraqeez and not kurdish people or whatever.

Turkey should respect Iraq's Sovereignty.Just because Iraq is weak does not mean you mess with Iraq..Stop acting like Israel which always uses force against weaker adversaries.

You are obviously do not know anything about relations between turkey and iraq. Pease do not comment on topics which u dont have any idea.

IF Assad falls then Maliki will follow the suit ,Turkey has shifted its policy after Syrian uprising now Turkish ploy is to bring closer the Sunni population of Iraq be it Arab ,Kord or Turkmen to nullify Iran's plot.

Turkey should respect Iraq's Sovereignty.Just because Iraq is weak does not mean you mess with Iraq..Stop acting like Israel which always uses force against weaker adversaries.

and how is Turkey messing with Iraq? please elaborate

Well, I believe that if there are any substance to what Maliki is saying and Hashemi has run "death squads" then he should be judged, however in a case like this with a relatively newly founded government in a freed country I think the prosecutor should consist of a team representing all parts of Iraq. Kurd, shiiti, sunni and turkmen. it will mean the prosecution may take several years or conclude, but when it's done then there shouldn't be any doubt to its legitimacy.

Yeah right, 'Dont' Want any trouble with Turkey. Not long ago they expressed that Turkey is becoming an Enemy state. They have something up there sleves...

Before the arab summit this year in baghdad who was like a rehabilitation of iraq in arab politics, maliki said he doesnt support assad.
Few days after the summit, he accuses saudi arabia and qatar of supporting the revolution in syria and said like this "assad didnt fall, assad wont fall, and why it will fall ??"
He is a snake using taqiyah

Turkey only have to support syria revoltion so the sunni majority in syria take his natural role as a majority, and not a slave of the assad alawite mafia.
After that, maliki and iran will shut up their mouth against turkey, they will be so terrified with the new syria that attacking turkey even verbally wont cross their mind

The Iraqi Army is ill equipped to take on the PKK. They can't even defeat the sunni warlords in Anbar. Second the Kurdish peshmerga will never allow Iraqi soldiers in their lands to fight PKK. The Kurdish peshmerga supports the PKK no doubt about. My question is if the Iraqi govt is unwilling or incapable of stopping the PKK what will Turkey do? When the US was in Iraq there were held back from going "all out" in northern iraq because the US supports the Kurds. Now with us not being there what will Turkey do? Will they launch a massive incursion in northern Iraq? Do drone strikes? Launch a massive air and ground operation into Iraqi Kurdistan? I'm American who knows very little about this so I want to ask my Turkish brethren what you think Turkey will or should do with the PKK sanctuaries and weapons trails in Iraqi Kurdistan? I like getting sources from people who live in the middle east not what CNN or FOX says.

The Iraqi Army is ill equipped to take on the PKK. They can't even defeat the sunni warlords in Anbar. Second the Kurdish peshmerga will never allow Iraqi soldiers in their lands to fight PKK. The Kurdish peshmerga supports the PKK no doubt about. My question is if the Iraqi govt is unwilling or incapable of stopping the PKK what will Turkey do? When the US was in Iraq there were held back from going "all out" in northern iraq because the US supports the Kurds. Now with us not being there what will Turkey do? Will they launch a massive incursion in northern Iraq? Do drone strikes? Launch a massive air and ground operation into Iraqi Kurdistan? I'm American who knows very little about this so I want to ask my Turkish brethren what you think Turkey will or should do with the PKK sanctuaries and weapons trails in Iraqi Kurdistan? I like getting sources from people who live in the middle east not what CNN or FOX says.

Well to answer some of your questions. Personnaly i think there is a great change that we will see another massive incursion, Its is after all a safe heaven for PKK. However i expect that to be unlickely, Turkey is slowly arming its UAV fleet. We ordered 4 MQ-9 Reapers and Expect to receive at least a dozen of Anka Block B. More then enough to kick some PKK ****. Beside that we will see alot of air raids.

But N.Iraq is actually the least of my worries, Syria is what i am worried about. Atleast the Peshmerga is secretly supporting PKK maybe with some small Funding but thats it. Syria could do some reall damage! A couple weeks ago, A plan was discovered by MIT which indicates that Syria was going to send nearly 400 PKK terrorist to Turkey through to refugee camps. They where letterly goign to be armed to the Teeth and are even equipt with Strela.

When it comes at PKK, I expect alot of trouble with Syria rather then N.Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom