What's new

We Are Soldiers

From what I saw in the glimpses WAS will be covering the Army SSG and artillery. I think I saw Wajahat touring the SSG company at Siachen!:tup:

Arty is being covered specifically to keep Xeric happy :P We had to put in a special request into Wajahat sahib for this.

Arty is being covered specifically to keep Xeric happy :P We had to put in a special request into Wajahat sahib for this.

:victory::victory:
Guud!

Let's see if he do justice with the Corp of Artillery!!!

Can someone please tell me what was the name of the other sniper that was showcased in the NSSG episode? The one lighter then the SSG-69? I am guessing the L-96 but am not sure.

Last edited:
this one was quite interesting. may be bec i dont know much about navy.

anyways i have got a question. in these exercises do they use rubber bullets? or do u just assume that you gonna achieve the targets. if these drills are conducted with the assumption of victory then wats the point? there should be an option of failin as well

Hi AJ, agreed with you about it being interesting ... but some of Wajahat's antics are so over-board. It's like a little boy on the rampage in a toy shop. Some of the content, I couldn't understand its relevance. Like that bit from Saving Private Ryan :undecided:

On the risk of sounding shallow but whatever, here goes it: my bane these days with the programme, and I mean no offense to any serving/retired military professional on board or from military backgrounds, is the blatant lack of good-looking guys featured in the episodes. :tsk:
I mean, aren't the military guys are supposed to be all hunky. What happened to the coloured-eyed, tall, muscular, charming kinds — all the women get to see are skinny men (very agile nevertheless) with no strong jaws, good bods etc etc. No biggie but eye candy doesn't hurt, eh? And nobody dare say, that the presenter is eye-candy because he's not. He's tall, stocky and bald! Yikes!

On the risk of sounding shallow but whatever, here goes it: my bane these days with the programme, and I mean no offense to any serving/retired military professional on board or from military backgrounds, is the blatant lack of good-looking guys featured in the episodes. :tsk:
I mean, aren't the military guys are supposed to be all hunky. What happened to the coloured-eyed, tall, muscular, charming kinds — all the women get to see are skinny men (very agile nevertheless) with no strong jaws, good bods etc etc. No biggie but eye candy doesn't hurt, eh? And nobody dare say, that the presenter is eye-candy because he's not. He's tall, stocky and bald! Yikes!
Lol! Military men won't take that lightly at all. I bet fatman17 starts posting shirtless pictures from his youth now... (after much Photoshop-ing).

Last edited:
Lol! Military men won't take that lightly at all. I bet fatman17 starts posting shirtless pictures from his youth now... (after much Photoshop-ing).

Anyone will definitely take offence to that! ;)

Last edited:
Anyone will definitely take offence to that! ;)
Well, you're the one making unreasonable demands. Not all soldiers can look like Brad Pitt or Matt Damon, you know. Hollywood has set the bar too high. Phtoshop is now essential. Though, I should be the last one to talk. I'm the opposite of skinny and bald.

Well, you're the one making unreasonable demands. Not all soldiers can look like Brad Pitt or Matt Damon, you know. Hollywood has set the bar too high. Phtoshop is now essential. Though, I should be the last one to talk. I'm the opposite of skinny and bald.

So you are saying you are fat and hairy? :lol:

Unreasonable demands!:lol:

Come on PAFAce things can be spiced up a bit! Agreed not all soldiers look like Brad Pitt or Matt Damon or Harrison Ford (one of my favs) but hey did you ever watch Sunheray Din or even Alpha Bravo Charlie — Gulsher (Captain Qasim Khan) was such a softie/cutie (even though now he is not even close to that) and so was his other friend Kashif (Captain Abdullah Mahmood). Not even one guy close to their level after four episodes :tsk: :tsk:

On the risk of sounding shallow but whatever, here goes it: my bane these days with the programme, and I mean no offense to any serving/retired military professional on board or from military backgrounds, is the blatant lack of good-looking guys featured in the episodes.

All this would be so weird if you were a guy...:lol:

Listen, Elmo, everyone has different points of view and perceptions, even when it comes to 'looks'. So best raise issues that are more credible and discussable, so as to be less annoying to other members. These are news documentaries, not movies or dramas, so no point comparing them with actors.

Too bad they're not airing an episode every week, I was looking forward to this Sunday’s but they didn’t show.:frown:

Too bad they're not airing an episode every week, I was looking forward to this Sunday’s but they didn’t show.:frown:

They changed the schedule last I heard... let me see if I can find a link to that.

So best raise issues that are more credible and discussable
Completely cool with that.

P.S.: All this would be so weird if you were a guy...:lol:
The statement isn't funny... in fact quite tiring and annoying. At least a mod should not hurl it a member's way.

Back
Top Bottom