What's new

We Are Soldiers

Do we know any particulars? I think its a bit odd that the Navy and Army gave him so much access and now they’re against it being aired.

Do we know any particulars? I think its a bit odd that the Navy and Army gave him so much access and now they’re against it being aired.

Bad Homework, nothing else.

Yes,
We are Social Soldiers

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Nice Army Images

Sorry to revive a hibernating thread, but I'd really like to see a Top Gear style documentary on Pak forces. We are Soldiers is a fine effort (whatever they released of it, that is), but it's not in the same league as some of the docs I've seen on international channels. There was a documentary series on Discovery Channel called "Jetstream", following Canadian Forces pilots through Fighter training on CF-18s (F/A-18 hornets). I thought that was very interesting, and I guarantee it boosted recruitment. Now they've followed it up with "Combat School", which is focused on Canadian Army ops in Afghanistan. Both these docs are far, far more interesting than WAS, but neither compare with BBC docs Top Gear style (sorry, I just love that show).

I just thought I'd express my views here, since its a related thread. You don't have to put any sensitive material into the documentaries, just basic training coupled with veteran anecdotes, interviews and computer generated animation. It's probably harder said than done, but we can try.

Sorry to revive a hibernating thread, but I'd really like to see a Top Gear style documentary on Pak forces. We are Soldiers is a fine effort (whatever they released of it, that is), but it's not in the same league as some of the docs I've seen on international channels. There was a documentary series on Discovery Channel called "Jetstream", following Canadian Forces pilots through Fighter training on CF-18s (F/A-18 hornets). I thought that was very interesting, and I guarantee it boosted recruitment. Now they've followed it up with "Combat School", which is focused on Canadian Army ops in Afghanistan. Both these docs are far, far more interesting than WAS, but neither compare with BBC docs Top Gear style (sorry, I just love that show).

I just thought I'd express my views here, since its a related thread. You don't have to put any sensitive material into the documentaries, just basic training coupled with veteran anecdotes, interviews and computer generated animation. It's probably harder said than done, but we can try.

Kick-*** visuals, incredible cinematography, genuine wit, whats not to like.

If only we had a local version of Jeremy Clarkson. Baitullah Mehsud sort of looked like Hammond.

What i believe is that May be it aired at the wrong time since we have enemy and who can learn our way of fighting since this programe started to get deep. I believe once the Talibans are done we might see them....

Back
Top Bottom