What's new

‘We are hostages': A Saudi princess reveals her life of hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
well unlike your mom can have many husbands yeah our womens are not allowed to have this ... if anyone come and criticize your society , you will feel the same .. dont forget it was your country who dont even like to sit next to a black man ...
If your men are allowed multiple wives, your women should be allowed multiple husbands. How hard is equality to understand? Women in the west are not allowed multiple husbands at one time (and neither are men). If a woman gets divorced, she can get remarried, just as a man can. Do you think men should not be allowed to remarry after divorce? If men are allowed to remarry, so should women be allowed. Why the different treatment for men and women?

And yes, I think a culture doesn't allow women to manage their own lives is badly deficient. It indicates weak and cowardly men who need someone to rule over to feel worthwhile. If you subscribe to this, I am contemptuous of your values.

I don't know anyone who has a problem sitting next to black men (or women). That you lash out at other people when problems are pointed out in your culture indicates weakness and inability to face your problems. If you have to reach into America's past to find something to criticize, that makes me happy. There are certainly individuals in the US who feel that way still, but they are pretty rare. It isn't illegal to not sit next to someone, but you can't force them to move - you have to move yourself if you don't want to be around someone. I'm perfectly ok with that. I don't think people should be forced to sit next to anyone, but the person objecting must be the one to move.

For the record, my own mother was married once, till my father died. She has not remarried, but if she wanted to it would be her business, not mine. If that was an attempt at an insult, it was very weak.

If your men are allowed multiple wives, your women should be allowed multiple husbands. How hard is equality to understand? Women in the west are not allowed multiple husbands at one time (and neither are men). If a woman gets divorced, she can get remarried, just as a man can. Do you think men should not be allowed to remarry after divorce? If men are allowed to remarry, so should women be allowed. Why the different treatment for men and women?

And yes, I think a culture doesn't allow women to manage their own lives is badly deficient. It indicates weak and cowardly men who need someone to rule over to feel worthwhile. If you subscribe to this, I am contemptuous of your values.

I don't know anyone who has a problem sitting next to black men (or women). That you lash out at other people when problems are pointed out in your culture indicates weakness and inability to face your problems. If you have to reach into America's past to find something to criticize, that makes me happy. There are certainly individuals in the US who feel that way still, but they are pretty rare. It isn't illegal to not sit next to someone, but you can't force them to move - you have to move yourself if you don't want to be around someone. I'm perfectly ok with that. I don't think people should be forced to sit next to anyone, but the person objecting must be the one to move.

For the record, my own mother was married once, till my father died. She has not remarried, but if she wanted to it would be her business, not mine. If that was an attempt at an insult, it was very weak.
If you really give importance to the equality of men & women, then why you have seperate toilets for them.....

Hey am talking about here on pdf, not reality!..........

hahahhaha.

Ok. I see.

Go to your profile.
----- > Personal details (from the column on the left)
------ > scroll down to the page where it says "rank". From the pull down menu select navy.

Indians should not be jumping up and down on this particular issue.
Indians can do all of the above. We may not be perfect but the ideals we set for ourselves are indeed noble. I don't care about what happens in Saudi Arabia. My question was born out of curiosity.

mean all the things listed above are not much necessary to live ..
they have their costumes ..
Before you say that, try and follow each one of them for a week.

well unlike your mom can have many husbands yeah our womens are not allowed to have this

can you tell me the islami conditions and method of wedding and marriage life??

or are you just confusing anti-human south asian traditions with islam?? :-)

Muslim men are allowed , does mean its necessary to marry 4 women ... these are two different things , and talking about the society you came from to criticize there, where the teenage pregnancy rate is highest ..... a girl been a laughing stock until she lost her virginity in early teenage .. yeah that is not their or our culture for sure ...
as far as insulting someone ... i have no intention but before raise a question on others society and culture peoples should check their own ..

Indians can do all of the above. We may not be perfect but the ideals we set for ourselves are indeed noble. I don't care about what happens in Saudi Arabia. My question was born out of curiosity.

Before you say that, try and follow each one of them for a week.

i dont drive ,
i dont have a bank account ..
what is your point ??

"All arabs are weak and coward" and thus all objectivity was thrown out the window.

prove me wrong otherwise...
And yes it was very objective. come and have a look here. I know quite a few arabs here, they're nice, but they're very weak and coward. The judgement i made is based on MY experience with them.

I don't care about how Saudis run their own country but I am sick of the US, Britain, France and other countries constantly criticising the state of human rights in countries like Iran and Syria while paying almost monthly visits to a country that makes the aforementioned countries look like Switzerland.

I don't care about how Saudis run their own country but I am sick of the US, Britain, France and other countries constantly criticising the state of human rights in countries like Iran and Syria while paying almost monthly visits to a country that makes the aforementioned countries look like Switzerland.

Thanks for confirming your ignorance and stupidity for all to see again.

Let's get some facts on the counter shall we?

HDI Index as of 2014:

KSA; 34

Syria; 166

Mullahstan; 75

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of executions in 2014;

KSA; 57

Syria; In the thousands of thousands

Mullahstan; 585

Iran Human Rights Documentation Center - IHRDC Chart of Executions by the Islamic Republic of Iran - 2014

Another Pakistani beheaded in Saudi Arabia for 'smuggling' heroin - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

List of GDP per capita (nominal)

KSA; 25,852$

Syria; No data but probably not more than Mullahstan

Mullahstan; 4,763$

GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Table

Kingdom world’s second top remittance-sending country | Economy | Saudi Gazette

Enough said.

I wonder who is more "Switzerland" than the other?:lol:

Also your claim of Western media not being critical whenever a Saudi Arabian citizen farts one can only laugh about.:rofl: On a daily basis Western media are writing nonsense stories from KSA. That often have nothing to do with the reality. This article being an example of it which I already countered regarding some of the ridiculous claims put forward by that "article".

Thankfully, there are hundred of thousands of Westerners that know about the ground realities, including users on PDF that actually have lived in KSA. Decades ago when KSA was very different from what it is today.

@Desertfalcon

@Arabian Legend @JUBA @Bubblegum Crisis @Rakan.SA @BLACKEAGLE @Altamimi @Frosty @Ahmed Jo etc. etc.

I did not get you. I repeat. :)

i. Can these women have their own bank accounts?
ii. Can they now drive?
iii. Can they ... sing, record and release a song themselves to kill boredom?
iv. Can they take harmless selfies without a hijab and post in a fashion blog for women?
v. Can they go out on their own to buy a book?

How stupid can one possibly be? Yes, they are allowed to do all of that outside of the driving part which certain women already do regardless. Especially on the countryside. The average Saudi Arabian women, outside of a few moronic laws made after 1979 (google what happened that year in KSA), have it 1000 of times better than the average women in India so I suggest that you worry about your own. Enough to worry about to put it mildly.

Last edited:

HDI Index as of 2014:

KSA; 34

Syria; 166

Mullahstan; 75

KSA; 57

Mullahstan; 585

Iran Human Rights Documentation Center - IHRDC Chart of Executions by the Islamic Republic of Iran - 2014

Another Pakistani beheaded in Saudi Arabia for 'smuggling' heroin - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

KSA; 25,852$

Mullahstan; 4,763$

Enough said.

Also your claim of Western media not being critical whenever a Saudi Arabian citizen farts one can only laugh about.:rofl: On a daily basis Western media are writing nonsense stories from KSA. That often have nothing to do with the reality.

Thankfully, there are hundred of thousands of Westerners that know about the ground realities, including users on PDF that actually have lived in KSA. Decades ago when KSA was very different from what it is today.

@Desertfalcon

HDI Index as of 2014:

KSA; 34

Syria; 166

Mullahstan; 75

KSA; 57

Mullahstan; 585

KSA; 25,852$

Mullahstan; 4,763$

Enough said.

Also your claim of Western media not being critical whenever a Saudi Arabian citizen farts one can only laugh about.:rofl: On a daily basis Western media are writing nonsense stories from KSA. That often have nothing to do with the reality.

@Desertfalcon
There are countless activities which are legal in Syria but not Saudi Arabia
Christian worship and owning bibles
Not wearing hijab
Drinking alcohol
Extramarital sex
Leaving Islam
Driving while female
Going to a public theatre
Eating non halal food etc
But like I said I don't think it's the place of Britain, the US or any other country to dictate the internal affairs of other countries. The issue I have is with the double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom