What's new

Washington and Riyadh proceed with plans to make Morocco an ISR heavyweight

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
26731200_1943853632295633_6359569940544222168_n.jpg

According to Intelligence Online's sources, Rabat is poised to finalise the acquisition of four Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) planes from the US. Gulfstream aircraft, probably equipped by Raytheon, seem most likely to be ordered.
Bombardier jets, also fitted with US material, are also in the running.

The Israeli firm Elta would also be a subcontractor on the project.A subsidiary of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Elta is expected to integrate offensive equipment on the aircraft which will also be fitted with Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) and Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) equipment, to outwit the enemy's anti-air defences. To ensure the deal goes ahead, Washington, which is increasingly supportive of Rabat, is ready to agree to the transfer of state-or-the-art ISR technology to morocco.

https://www.intelligenceonline.com/...make-morocco-an-isr-heavyweight,108289890-art

According to a US Defense Department document on training programs last year, Moroccan pilots have already begun extensive training on the aircraft

26982084_1943887215625608_1591361613_o.png

26941563_1943891922291804_1771614275_o.png

Note: intelligenceonline was the first site to mention the Moroccan F-16 deal 10 days beforehand..

Last edited:
Morrocans dont have a running fued with anyone..what interest does Saudi have in arming Morocco!

Morrocans dont have a running fued with anyone..what interest does Saudi have in arming Morocco!

A traditional ally and a brotherly Arab country that we have close historical ties to. The Saudi Arabian monarchy and the Moroccan monarchy (which is originally from Hijaz) also have very close relations. As have many elites in KSA and similarly in Morocco. Not to say religious scholars. People to people relations are also close. Sizable Moroccan community in KSA. Many Saudi Arabians are visiting Morocco for holidays and it is a popular destination.

KSA is showing more and more interest in the Maghreb, Sahel and Africa. A good step.

A traditional ally and a brotherly Arab country that we have close historical ties to. The Saudi Arabian monarchy and the Moroccan monarchy (which is originally from Hijaz) also have very close relations. As have many elites in KSA and similarly in Morocco. Not to say religious scholars. People to people relations are also close. Sizable Moroccan community in KSA. Many Saudi Arabians are visiting Morocco for holidays and it is a popular destination.

KSA is showing more and more interest in the Maghreb, Sahel and Africa. A good step.

Oh the Saudi men love their ladies much to the ire of the Saudi sisters haha.
I don't blame them, the Maghreb girls are beautiful.

Oh the Saudi men love their ladies much to the ire of the Saudi sisters haha.
I don't blame them, the Maghreb girls are beautiful.

It goes both ways my friend. Personally I prefer our own lot but there is not much of a difference appearance wise like say when compared to South East Asian (Filipinos and Indonesians) that many Saudi Arabian men have a fetish towards for some strange reason. Noticed the same the other way around (South East Asian women and Arabs). The Habesha lot (my preferred "exotic option", lol) is also very popular. Anyway we are WAY off-topic and I will soon be accused of being a sexist.:D

Well Morocco is a brotherly state of Saudi Arabia.

Indeed, Iqbal. So is Pakistan. Did you read the positive news related to KSA and Pakistan today?

Saudi Arabia, Pakistan to boost ties in different fields
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1227871/saudi-arabia

Economic cooperation on menu at Saudi-Pakistani Joint Ministerial Commission meeting

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1227526/saudi-arabia

It goes both ways my friend. Personally I prefer our own lot but there is not much of a difference appearance wise like say when compared to South East Asian (Filipinos and Indonesians) that many Saudi Arabian men have a fetish towards for some strange reason. Noticed the same the other way around (South East Asian women and Arabs). The Habesha lot (my preferred "exotic option", lol) is also very popular. Anyway we are WAY off-topic and I will soon be accused of being a sexist.:D

Indeed, Iqbal. So is Pakistan. Did you read the positive news related to KSA and Pakistan today?

Saudi Arabia, Pakistan to boost ties in different fields
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1227871/saudi-arabia
Thank you Sharif, yes Saudi Arabia is a close ally of Pakistan as well.

Thank you for your country's support. :)

Sure, but I thought you can make threads too?

Well, I easily can but if a foreigner creates a thread about Pakistan on PDF, it might attract trolls to such a thread. When a Pakistani national creates such threads, my assumption is, that this will be much less of a problem.

Well, I can create the threads if you do not want to.:cheers:

Well, I easily can but if a foreigner creates a thread about Pakistan on PDF, it might attract trolls to such a thread. When a Pakistani national creates such threads, my assumption is, that this will be much less of a problem.

Well, I can create the threads if you do not want to.:cheers:
There I posted your articles and links. No problem bro.

Most likely to buildup Moroccan Air Force Units equipped by Saudi Arabia, which will be equipped to serve under Saudi Leadership in Joint operations. Similar to Egyptian Rafales and Egyptian FREMM Frigate. Saudi has the Money, Morocco has a small but highly professional military.

Informative learned something new

S Arabia buys ISR Technology from Israel under the mask of Morocco

S Arabia has 2030 vision minimum 50% of domestic production by 2030

Last edited by a moderator:
S Arabia buys ISR Technology from Israel under the mask of Morocco

S Arabia has 2030 vision minimum 50% of domestic production by 2030
Actually KSA bought its own ISR planes and technology from the US..Morocco now buys these technologies from the US also.. it just happens though that the US systems have Usraeli components.. but the main fact is that there is no direct deal with Usrael.. unlike Turkey who has relations with Usrael and buys directly from them..There is nothing bad about it when you have formal and official relationships.. but in this case Arabs are buying from the US.. and most US giant companies subcontract components work from other places.. The Usraeli technology is in essence and originally US technology..so there is no hiding in this instance..

Back
Top Bottom