What's new

Viral video: Google ad connects India-Pak with heartwarming reunion story

Thoughts please...
who cares its just a fantasy for some old fools who think that all the bad blood between the two nations can be washed away like that

we will never forget what pakistani crowds did to owr people in 1948 when they butchered /raped and looted millions of hindus:angry:

who cares its just a fantasy for some old fools who think that all the bad blood between the two nations can be washed away like that

we will never forget what pakistani crowds did to owr people in 1948 when they butchered /raped and looted millions of hindus:angry:

And the Hindus and Sikh gangs were giving out roses to Muslims right? Stop being so unbiased and realize that both sides suffered immensely. Unfortunately it is this very biased mentality that we have which makes me have no hope for good relations between India and Pakistan for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Some time ago a lady called @bronxbull mentioned in a thread that she had been to a place called danishmandan. This was the place where my ancestors lived for over 500 years. The centuries old graves were reminders of a different era. The last time I visited, there were no graves and no graveyards. Modern houses were built on those graves and @bonxbull stayed in one of those houses. I asked her to say hello to the spirits of my ancestors roaming around in those houses.

How many such people shown in the clip, who were born in British India remain, and how long will they remain. How many of those who were born after independence of Pakistan, have seen India and how many Indians have seen Pakistan. Not many. For me India is a different country. I have been to India on many many occasions and disagree with all those who state that we are the same people. Except for some similarities in spoken language, nothing else is common. Our cultural ethos is different, our way of living is different, our looks are totally different and we even think differently. And the most interesting part is that we were a different people since thousands of years except for limited periods during the Mauryan, Muslim and British rules.

Even the Indian Muslims are different. They wear skull caps most of the time and these days I do not see many even in the mosques wearing caps in Pakistan. Whenever I would meet someone in India, they would greet me with “Adaab.” I did not know how to reply to them as no one in Pakistan greets with an Adaab, atleast I don’t know any. I still don’t understand why could not they say hello.

The union which the Indians seek is because they think that Pakistan was part of India and should not have seceded from the union. They get angry that they could not create the Rashtra many of them dreamed about and that is why discussion about partition and creation of Pakistan is such a talked about issue in India. Yet, many of them say, oh we are not obsessed about Pakistan because it is not an issue any longer. Despite the newfound and unfounded comparisons with China, Pakistan never goes out of the earshot and India’s growth generally ends in slighting Pakistan. This despite the fact that the receding Indian GDP growth is almost comparable to Pakistani growth these days.

The Pakistanis as they are growing up, have started understanding their separate identity which is imbued in history. And also because they re-created and re-enacted the Meluhha who existed as a separate entity for thousands of years on a land which is now named Pakistan. The interest with India in Pakistan is primarily due to the fact that after having remained unified under the Muslim and British rules, most Pakistanis have not even seen India which remains an enigma.

Interestingly, most Pakistanis who go to India, come back unimpressed and most Indians who visit Pakistan are comparatively impressed by the progress they see, as against what the Indian press tells them about how bad Pakistan is.

Probably more interaction may increase our understanding of each other, or may result in enhanced acrimony, when we actually understand what the other side truly represents.

The difference in comments is the difference in whether your heart rules your head or your scrotum.
Whether testosterone and the anger/hatred it brings is all you are as a human being.. or whether you realize that there is much more than a burden of history to be carried around.

They did that to us, we did that to them.. I lost him to their bullet.. and so on.
Eventually though, it takes a toll for the worst.. on both sides.

The difference in comments is the difference in whether your heart rules your head or your scrotum.
Whether testosterone and the anger/hatred it brings is all you are as a human being.. or whether you realize that there is much more than a burden of history to be carried around.

They did that to us, we did that to them.. I lost him to their bullet.. and so on.
Eventually though, it takes a toll for the worst.. on both sides.

Yeah, whatever makes somebody's day..... But it will not make mine.
I feel blessed and honored to have had the experiences that I did. I also know that history cannot be erased unless we do as DeGaulle said (IIRC) that "History should not be written in anything, but pencil".
But History is our creation; most of all, our own joint creation. Now, that can be made to work in so many ways. Can that fact, then not force us to work in some-what sober fashion to do so?

Yeah, whatever makes somebody's day..... But it will not make mine.
I feel blessed and honored to have had the experiences that I did. I also know that history cannot be erased unless we do as DeGaulle said (IIRC) that "History should not be written in anything, but pencil".
But History is our creation; most of all, our own joint creation. Now, that can be made to work in so many ways. Can that fact, then not force us to work in some-what sober fashion to do so?

Well, the french and the brits were at war for how long?.. in a whole we ruled you, you ruled us argument?

Then again, its better not to push or pull such historical arguments too much.. lest we end up with the textbook lies that have tainted much of our history in the first place.

Well, the french and the brits were at war for how long?.. in a whole we ruled you, you ruled us argument?

Then again, its better not to push or pull such historical arguments too much.. lest we end up with the textbook lies that have tainted much of our history in the first place.

I guess that is our way of abiding by DeGaulle's dictum.
Our way of writing "History only with a pencil". Easy to erase, easy to amend, and most of all---easy to wish out of existence.

I find it ironic - that an American company can capture this so well -

Coca Cola(another American MNC) ran this some while back:

In the probable computations of these corporations, India and Pakistan represent similar markets, similar income groups and people who denote many common points in shared history and culture. So why waste bucketfuls of cash crafting two different ad campaigns when you only need to run one harping on the common values and friendship between the two countries?

Such ads would appeal to the masses on either side of the border, wouldn't face much opposition from right-wingers and Google would be granted brownie points for running a marketing initiative with a "positive social message."

In summation, the whole thing is that ke bhaiya sabse bada rupaiya!!! :D

This one went viral too...but am not able to digest it!

Back
Top Bottom