What's new

Vietnamese Movie Wins the Best Film Award in the Silk Road International Film Festival in China

VALKRYIE

Reaction score
Country
Canada
10407628-889289597803967-6453846789286542819-n.jpg

A scene of Hoa Vang Tren Co Xanh by director Victor Vu. The movie will be released in Viet Nam on October 2. — Photo sriff.cnHA NOI (VNS) —

Vietnamese movie Hoa Vang Tren Co Xanh(Yellow Flowers on the Green Grass) has won the best film award at the Silk Road International Film Festival in Fujian Province, China.

It shares the Best Feature Film of the Year title at the second edition of the festival with Russian movie Puppet Syndrome and China's Saving Mr Wu.

Hoa Vang Tren Co Xanh is Victor Vu's latest movie, based on the novel Toi Thay Hoa Vang Tren Co Xanh (I See Yellow Flowers on the Green Grass) by best-selling author Nguyen Nhat Aùnh.

"After the screening in Fuzhou City, people came to me, held my hand and said the movie moved them because they saw their childhood in it," Director Vu told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper.

"I'm glad to win the big prize. However, the most important thing is how the movie will be received when it is released in Viet Nam next week. It's a simple movie and I hope it will be a significant gift to the audience," Vu said.

Yellow Flowers on the Green Grass is a state-commissioned film, produced by Viet Nam's Galaxy Media and Entertainment and the Culture, Sports and Tourism Ministry's Cinematography Department.

Set in the mid-1980s in rural Viet Nam, the film follows the story of two young brothers who share everything, but compete for the affection of the same girl.

The nostalgic drama reveals the realities of life in Viet Nam in that era, before the country's current economic boom began.

The movie will be released in Viet Nam on October 2.

Launched in 2014, the second Silk Road International Film Festival was held from September 22 to 26. About 950 films from about 30 Silk Road countries, such as Russia, India, South Korea and Egypt, were submitted.

It was the first time an official competition section was formed, for which 24 entries were selected.

The Best Animation of the Year title went to Monkey King and Hero is Back, while In the Underground won the Best Documentary of the Year award. Hong Kong's Andy Lau won the Favorite - Male of the Year award and India's Swara Bhaskar won the Favorite - Female of the Year award. — VNS

Vietnamese movie named Best Film at international festival - Life & Style - VietNam News

The 2nd Silk Road International Film Festival Concludes in Fuzhou

501a84710b4f421989634f5824c3e732.jpg

Jackie Chan poses for photo at the closing ceremony of the 2nd Silk Road International Film Festival in Fuzhou, southeast China’s Fujian province on September 26, 2015. [Photo: CRIENGLISH.com]

The Second Silk Road International Film Festival has wrapped up in Fuzhou, capital city of Fujian province.

The film "Saving Mr. Wu" is the biggest winner at the festival.

Hong Kong super star Andy Lau was awarded as best actor for his performance in "Saving Mr. Wu".

The movie is adopted from a true story where a Chinese star was abducted by a gang and finally saved by police.

Andy shared his feelings in the shooting process.

"The most important thing is to represent the real spirit and emotion under that circumstance. I have received much help from other actors especially those who play kidnapers in the film. The prize is not only for me but for everyone in it."

The award of Features Films of 2015 went to three movies, including "Saving Mr Wu", Russian movie "Puppet Syndrome" and "Yellow Flowers on the Green Grass" from Vietnam.

The best actress award went to Indian star Swara Bhaskar for her performance in film "The New Classmate".

Jackie Chan, the ambassador of the Silk Road Film festival says he hopes the Festival can draw attention worldwide and become the Chinese equivalent to the Oscars.

"I hope the Silk Road International Film Festival will make progress year by year and draw attention from worldwide. And more and more people from other nations would take part in the festival in the future. Oscar is a very important global award. I hope the Silk Road festival would learn from it and become the 'Chinese Oscar'".

The best animated film award goes to "The Monkey King: Hero is Back" and the best documentary award goes to "In the Underground".

The Silk Road film festival has signed cooperative agreements with Pusan International Film Festival, Moscow International Film Festival, Hawaii International Film Festival.

The 2nd Silk Road International Film Festival Concludes in Fuzhou

Good job, Vietnam. I'm also a fun of Thai Movies, especially the horro film. Horriable and can't stop watching~

like Friday the 13th?
No, more like: <Nang-Nak, นางนาก> or
<Pee Mak, พี่มาก..พระโขนง> or
like this:
Not a big fun of the American style horror movies, except <Final Destination>.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom