Vietnam War

VNwar_photo14.jpg

VNwar_photo13.jpg

VNwar_photo12.jpg

VNwar_photo11.jpg

VNwar_photo10.jpg

VNwar_photo9.jpg

OPERATION ROLLING THUNDER,1965-68

Rolling Thunder was the name given to the American bombing operation against North Vietnam, which lasted from March 2 1965, until November 1 1968. It was intended to put psychological and material pressure on the North Vietnamese communist regime and persuade its leaders to come to the negotiating table. The campaign - including carpet bombing by huge B-52s, above - escalated over the three years as the U.S. became increasingly frustrated with its failure either to subdue North Vietnamese forces or demoralise the population. North Vietnam acquired surface-to-air missiles and anti-aircraft artillery, and had about 100 Soviet-built MiG fighters. The Americans lost 922 aircraft during a campaign in which 864,000 tons of bombs dropped on North Vietnam - more than during the whole of the Pacific War. The combination of poor weather, North Vietnamese adaptability in the face of attack and uncertainty over the pattern of targeting demonstrated the difficulty of asymmetric warfare for technically sophisticated states.
Rolling Thunder was the name given to the American bombing operation against North Vietnam, which lasted from March 2 1965, until November 1 1968

article-1292462-0A425A1A000005DC-73.jpg

vietnam024.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG%5B3%5D.jpg

vietnam033.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG%5B3%5D.jpg

2140671.jpg

767677566.jpg

90e5db2c5fc871b6b7b90b12b3ff95eb_1M.png

3b4bb925a8851f42194403ee076c7953_1M.png

A-6As_VA-196_dropping_Mk_82_bombs_Vietnam.jpg

American government spreading peace and democracy to the oppressed people of Vietnam:

My Lai Massacre

My_Lai_massacre.jpg

"The My Lai Massacre (Vietnamese: thảm sát Mỹ Lai [tʰɐ̃ːm ʂɐ̌ːt mǐˀ lɐːj], [mǐˀlɐːj] ( listen); English pronunciation: /ˌmiːˈlaɪ/, also /ˌmiːˈleɪ, ˌmaɪˈlaɪ/)[1] was the Vietnam War mass murder of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968, by United States Army soldiers of "Charlie" Company of 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade of the Americal Division. Most of the victims were women, children (including babies), and elderly people. Many were raped, beaten, and tortured, and some of the bodies were later found to be mutilated.[2] While 26 US soldiers were initially charged with criminal offenses for their actions at Mỹ Lai, only Second Lieutenant William Calley, a platoon leader in Charlie Company, was convicted. Found guilty of killing 22 villagers, he was originally given a life sentence, but only served three and a half years under house arrest."
My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
It was reported 1-3 Million Viet Cong were killed while the USA suffered 58,300 causalities. man after watching Rolling Thunder Video, Viet Cong did not give in even after getting hit by more bombs then in WW2.

You should not post too many pictures of the US soldiers, and instead focus on the dead Vietnamese civilians.

In a WW2 thread, it is courtesy to not post too many pictures of the Nazi Germany Wehrmacht and the SS, so why would you also glorify the forces of a genocidal empire?

You should not post too many pictures of the US soldiers, and instead focus on the dead Vietnamese civilians.

In a WW2 thread, it is courtesy to not post too many pictures of the Nazi Germany Wehrmacht and the SS, so why would you also glorify the forces of a genocidal empire?

I will however I want post Vietcong pictures, did you know USA dropped more bombs on Vietnam then in ww2 ? and USA killed over 1-3 million vietcong. I will also post Vietnamese civilians.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom