What's new

Video Gamers report in!

It's a decent game. The campaign difficulty varies with the empire you choose. Found Maratha to be easiest and Ottoman toughest for a short campaign.

Oh ok I just started as Ottomans in long campaign.

Witcher 3 in 2 days!

Im one of the rare people who played the witcher 1 back in 2007/2008 and its been awesome from the get go.

Get your pre orders now because its guaranteed awesome at discount rates.
If you play Witcher in PC, can you tell me if you have an FPS problem?

Success! spoiler alert, Persia/Venice may catch you unawares, Georgia will definitely attack.

Oh yeah already aware of that from history and the videos gameplay on Youtube I've seen. I'm thinking of attacking Georgia first since they seem to be the weakest. I start out the campaign at war with Russia. It sucks you have to raise your entire army in the cities, in Medieval 2 Total war you at least started out with more units.

Oh yeah already aware of that from history and the videos gameplay on Youtube I've seen. I'm thinking of attacking Georgia first since they seem to be the weakest. I start out the campaign at war with Russia. It sucks you have to raise your entire army in the cities, in Medieval 2 Total war you at least started out with more units.
Spot on, with Georgia you also get a school for research(a weak area for your empire), same with Persia. Also Persia is more dangerous than Russia as only trade port in Persian sea is at their mercy. For russia I wait till they take Crimea and then attack crimea, somehow after that they keep at bay for you to focus on other things for lot of turns to come. Won't talk more as you may loose fun and may be your strategy is better. Please let me know how it works out? Cheers.

If you play Witcher in PC, can you tell me if you have an FPS problem?

My system is quite old

I7 2600k
Gtx 660
4 gb ram

The game runs sluggish at 2650 by 1080 even without post processing.

Beautiful game but a beefy system is needed.

My system is quite old

I7 2600k
Gtx 660
4 gb ram

The game runs sluggish at 2650 by 1080 even without post processing.

Beautiful game but a beefy system is needed.
I have similar specs but the game barely runs, any solutions?

I changed some of the settings manually from user.settings now the graphucs are as dull as ever but the game still lags.

Last edited:

I changed some of the settings manually from user.settings now the graphucs are as dull as ever but the game still lags.
Heard, there is a trick to decrease the hair quality of the Witcher. It increases the fps by 5-10.

GThe best improvements come from getting rid of nvidia hairworks and decreasing shadow quality to med or low. It wont be silky smooth but decent for playing. Also post processing is removed entirely.

For me its only laggy during the cutscenes while loading.

So you use amd then, BTW what patch have you installed.
It's the latest 1.03 and i use intel core i5. 6gb ram.

GThe best improvements come from getting rid of nvidia hairworks and decreasing shadow quality to med or low. It wont be silky smooth but decent for playing. Also post processing is removed entirely.

For me its only laggy during the cutscenes while loading.
They are turned off already. The game looks so dull but slow. Even assassins creed 2 looks better now. I also play GTA without any problem but this game is ultra laggy.

It's the latest 1.03 and i use intel core i5. 6gb ram.

They are turned off already. The game looks so dull but slow. Even assassins creed 2 looks better now. I also play GTA without any problem but this game is ultra laggy.

What video card are you running it on?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom