What's new

VICE NEWS GOING BANKRUPT

All private news media outlets are neoliberal propaganda channels and all state-owned news media outlets are state propaganda channels.

There are private news outlets that have balanced or alternative content that do not serve the interests of the deep state juggernaut.

They used to be really good, their coverage of the Ukraine war in the early days by Simon Ostrovsky was some of the best war reporting ever, also lots of cool edgy stuff about weird lifestyles, drugs and all sorts of other taboo..

but then they went left wing nutjob pro max ultra and it all went to shit.. good riddance corpse of Vice.
They were always left wing, that isn't the problem. The issue was that they started sprinkling personal feelings into factual statements.

Also, left wing media tends to be far more honest and factual than right wing media, so make of that as you will.

Especially when you get hedge funds investing in them...How independent are they truly when their funders and MSM funders are the same...

What's your take on the Tucker Carlson situation?

They were always left wing, that isn't the problem. The issue was that they started sprinkling personal feelings into factual statements.

Also, left wing media tends to be far more honest and factual than right wing media, so make of that as you will.
How about media without a bias that actually calls it like it is without leaning either way, like the original Ostrovsky coverage of the Ukraine crisis.. the referendum, the militias. Guy even got abducted and taken prisoner for a while there.. that shite was brilliant, he wasn't cheering for Russia or anything.

That, and other stuff like the weird lifestyles and drugs episodes, again.. no left - right bias, just fascinating human interest stories.

and then they fell of a cliff with the insane tilt to the left, capsized proper and sank.

What's your take on the Tucker Carlson situation?
I just can't get over his cheerleading for the neocon wars, especially the Iraq war. Now he's found Jesus, and it can't be all for altruist reasons. Its just his brand of politics is out of power and out of sync with the deep state/establishment. He's liable to come back around and shill for the same establishment, wars et al, once his preferred folks are back in power.

Plus he's an unabashed white nationalist who is not a fan of Islam and Muslims...

We all should be vary of such individuals, don't want to be simping for him like we idiotically did for Jordan Peterson, another right wing hack...

VICE has wrong business strategy in my opinion. Better play small, any way as far as I know it only exist in Youtube.

This is example of Indonesian media which is not mainstream but keep being exist and only broadcast in YT.

Last edited:
Vice used to be soooo gooood, but ended up becoming trash after they started letting feelings affect their factual data.
Old Vice was arguably the best news media outlet on the planet at the time.

I haven't seen VICE much but the documentaries by Isobel Yeung were exceptional. Must watch the Crimea(Ukraine) , India (BJP) and COVID ones.

Especially when you get hedge funds investing in them...How independent are they truly when their funders and MSM funders are the same...
Exactly, once these funds start rolling in, you become their spokesperson.
There are private news outlets that have balanced or alternative content that do not serve the interests of the deep state juggernaut.
Such news media outlets only exist in fiction, not in reality.

By deep state do you mean the mega-corporations puppeteering the government? If yes, the US's so-called deep state can't be considered a single entity. Multiple forces are fighting against each other for power and influence. For example, two mega-corporations compete against each other by lobbying for policies that favour their corporation.

If you meant officially or unofficially state-backed news media outlets then let me tell you they are just like private news media outlets but the difference is that their backer is the state so they do state propaganda instead of doing propaganda for their private funder.

If yes, the US's so-called deep state can't be considered a single entity. Multiple forces are fighting against each other for power and influence.

Nah they are all on the same side, politics is all theatre.

Look at Ukraine and the Tucker Carlson situation.

In the beginning, they were great. They were doing hard hitting articles main stream media won’t even touch. As the years goes by, they got steadily worse. I expected this to happen sooner.

Same thing happened to Buzzfeed. Their quizzes got popular but then their news didn't do as well.

Back
Top Bottom