What's new

VHP demands ban on entry of non-Hindus into Kashi

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
VHP demands ban on entry of non-Hindus into Kashi

Dubbing the explosion in Varanasi as "a heinous act of jihadi terrorism", Vishwa Hindu Parishad today demanded the holy city of Kashi be accorded the status of a "protected heritage site" and entry of non-Hindus into it be banned.

"It is the second time that a heinous act of jihadi terrorism has been committed at the holy city of Varanasi on a Tuesday, a day held sacred by millions of Hindus.

"It was a Tuesday when the Sankatmochan temple was rocked by a bomb explosion and now there is a blast at a spot where the Ganga arati was underway", VHP international secretary general Praveen Togadia said in a statement.

He said the government, which has been "defaming Hindus by coining phrases like Hindu terrorism", "must now show the courage to act tough and conduct a thorough search of the numerous mosques where jehadi elements have been taking shelter".

"What business do non-Hindus have at the ghats of Kashi and other places held sacred by the Hindus? When Hindus are not allowed inside Haj houses and mosques, why are people from other faiths allowed to roam freely around temples. All this has been allowed so far on account of the policy of Muslim appeasement adopted by the government", the firebrand VHP leader said.

"The Vishwa Hindu Parishad demands that all the madrasas located at Kashi be immediately locked and premises of the mosques situated there be searched thoroughly.

"Besides, Kashi must be declared a protected heritage site and the entry of non-Hindus in the area should be prohibited", he said.

I fear bigger Retaliation from PC's(P Chidambarm) Hindu Jihadis, as it is also "Bound to Happen"

A lot of people are bound to subscribe to the VHP's ideology and that of these so called protectors of hinduism...
such is the aftermath of terrorism...

After second time failure of state and central government to protect Varanasi from blast then what is option available for?
This question for all but more specific to Hindus of this forum...
VHP has giving their view, Right or wrong that different matter but they are trying for solution.

^^^^no need to bring religion here..... religious terrorists of all religions only feed each other... IM and other hindu extremists are sides of the same coin....it's time to sanitize all:angry:

@sha... VHP is not trying for a solution to the problem here... they are simply trying to leverage their stance in a secular country.

People of all religions should be free to move about anywhere in their country.... It is our country and not VHPs... period. Allowing entrance inside the places of worship is a different issue and can still be followed as it has been in the past.

The VHP, alongside the Maoists and separatists and all, have everything in common. They are emotional instigators who defy their own cause by their acts and belie the very foundational ideologies of their faith, thus making themselves irrelevant or at least push themselves in that direction.

If asked, Praveen Togadia, can he define who is a Hindu?

People of all religions should be free to move about anywhere in their country.... It is our country and not VHPs... period. Allowing entrance inside the places of worship is a different issue and can still be followed as it has been in the past.

Why restrict entry into Temples? Don't Hindus believe that there are many ways to get to God? Will they stop me, an atheist from entering a temple too?

Even if its implemented, how are they going to check? A pretty moronic idea.

Why restrict entry into Temples? Don't Hindus believe that there are many ways to get to God? Will they stop me, an atheist from entering a temple too?
I personally do not support that, but this is something which will be hard to convince people to accept. I have been turned away from many temples in India when visiting with an American friend... it was hard for me to explain to him especially when people of other religions are allowed into the Church everywhere.

@sha... VHP is not trying for a solution to the problem here... they are simply trying to leverage their stance in a secular country.

I am not against or support of any organisation but want to know where we just discuss and leave it, or make more aware of solution; India is secular country any one is free to travel any where...

Seriously are u joking mate?? Kashi is the utmost holiest of hindu worshipping sites and there has been a bomb blast there. Can u try to reason with them in this circumstance?? Just try to talk to anybody right now in this way and see the result. Only when dust settles and rage controls will the human mind see logic. Till then it will be "Har Har Mahadev"

Back
Top Bottom