What's new

Vayu Calls JF17- A Game Changer.

Yes because those are fully euipped planes some call it level 2 and some block 2 but still they are equipped with better Avinoics and all kind of Missiles including BVR

I am not sure if JFT Blk II are on the assembly line yet..

Jf 17 is for sure a game changer as it is some thing that pakistan can acquire anytime.

Jf 17 also has great export potential

Only JF-17 has forced western nations to move their industry to low cost production countries and counter further such developments emerging from third world states.

for example, it never will be viable for India to build its own plane because low cost F-16 will be produced in India.

In presence of AESA+BVR+advance ECM suite, JFT beat F-16 any block any time any where.

F-16's production in India was anticipated in 2010, when most of you were sucking thumbs in cradels !!!

I hope @DRDO would understand today... what i was implying with 'game changer'.

BTW, I'm invoking this thread, becuase as of now, F-16 production in India has been decided by big dady, just execution details are pending... unless Indian greed grow out of proportion... once more!

F-16's production in India was anticipated in 2010, when most of you were sucking thumbs in cradels !!!

I hope @DRDO would understand today... what i was implying with 'game changer'.

BTW, I'm invoking this thread, becuase as of now, F-16 production in India has been decided by big dady, just execution details are pending... unless Indian greed grow out of proportion... once more!

You are awesome.

How did you anticipate 6 years back that one day F-16 would be assembled in India?

Also, how in your opinion JF-17 BL II and III compare with different blocks of F-16?

You are awesome.

How did you anticipate 6 years back that one day F-16 would be assembled in India?

Also, how in your opinion JF-17 BL II and III compare with different blocks of F-16?

Dear... it was simply a personal analysis like many more here, regarding TTP, India and axis of evil etc. etc.

When you know about the nature of your enemy well, you can guess accurately about his intentions. Now, enemy part is a long story, in brief you may assume that after development of JF-17, India lost last technical superiority it had over Pakistan’s military.

Obviously west jumped in and started jacking up India’s technological base by training its man power in technological areas, with a road map for its private firms, which were to also assume role of building key defence equipment for India in future, instead of DRDO.

Whereas, BJP as shrewd they are.. have realized India’s strategic importance for west, now they are in position to milk west as much they wish.
At the same time, egoistic BJP can’t come to terms with the notion that in the process, Teja is going to be buried, so some time was wasted.
Therefore, all initial delays were due to push of BJP for the renaissance of Teja, guaranteed by French state. This was certainly challenging for French.

Previously Ruskies made offer for local production, Vikings offered local production plus limited technology transfer and investment in private sector… was obviously not enough compared to French offer, which was all what Sweeds offered, even more technology transfer, work visa for Indians… but not all what BJP demanded i.e. certain amount of Jobs for DRDO engineers in organizations like DASSAULT, MBDA, SAGEM, SNECMA etc. and further more development of Kaveri engine, plus nuclear technology i.e. centrifuge design and advanced fusion… etc.

Now my guess in 2010 was that Indian greed is a deal breaker and France would not accept many of Indian demands and next equally qualified candidate is non other than US.

It was not too complicated to conclude. All what was required was a bit of analytical thinking and ability to read the script without exact words.
Question to ponder was: what is it actually that Indians are missing, which Sweeds can’t offer but French can!
Script was the dilly dallying of Indians, leaps of JF-17, ever changing Indian air staff requirements, reputation of F-16, AESA development, plus Indo/US venture in region and their common interests against Pakistan.

Later, last nail in coffin of Rafael was Pervez Musharraf! Yes again him…. when he made public statement that Pakistan have technology to make tiny nukes!!!!!!!!! aka tactical weapons.
This cemented Indo/US deal, where US step forward and assured lot more to Indians, than just defence deals, which include advance investments in its energy sector, uplifting of social sector, officially but blindly endorsing Indian accusations/ narratives…. list is long, when you are visionary you see next F-16 falling in Indian lap.

JF-17 is indeed a game changer. it allows pakistan to field large number of BVR capable aircraft. something they sorely lacked earlier.
Out of all the Indians on this forum you are the first one who got the point. Add cheaper cost and less maintance.

@BATMAN,

In 2010, the option of F-16s might have been there for India but looks like something was added to the offer recently. It might be a reduced price or transfer of technology. India has chosen 36 Rafael couple of years ago - which makes you conclude that F-16s were less feasible to Indians at that time.

Ok lets take it ... JF17 is good but how its game changer ?????

Its game changer for Pakistan, we dont have to rely on unreliable US

Since India is going to attack Pakistan soon after Uri attack, we will find out the capiblities of JF

Its game changer for Pakistan, we dont have to rely on unreliable US

Since India is going to attack Pakistan soon after Uri attack, we will find out the capiblities of JF
It is a game changer in so many ways.
Firstly it is our platform so we can do with it whatever we want, tweek it whichever way we want to.
Secondly, it gives us an affordable platform which is not only BVR capable but priced so we can replace our fast obsolescent fleet without breaking the bank.
Thirdly, we can constantly upgrade it as and when technology becomes available. we have no restrictions on where we acquire the tech from, just get it, integrate it and let hell loose on the enemy.
Fourthly, it is a small fighter and therefore ideal for replacement of legacy fighters. It will if marketed properly sell to a lot of nations with need for a low budget, high capability platofrm so it can be a cash earner for us.
Fifthly, It has opened the doors for research for pakistani industrial setup and with the passage of time it will lead to the development of a robust manufacturing setup in house and perhaps a base from where we can build bigger and better platofrms
Sixthly, every new setup of such nature will give rise to subsidiary industrial setups hopefully in the private sector which will propel growth and prosperity.
Seventhly, we have escaped the curse of sanctions partially though till we get a full setup building 100% componenets in house this remains a risk. We are allied with a growing and upcoming industrial giant like China and hopefully further collaboration will lead to a mutually beneficial relationship developing even further.
A

Back
Top Bottom