What's new

USA wants report on Sri Lanka from India

You dont get it do you.....

A land dispute is significant only if it impedes inter-state development....or the development of that geographic area....

Do the Nepali or BD conflcts affect amicable relationships between India and those countries? or the development of that region economically or in infrastructure?
Would India or Nepal or BD go to war over these or would they rather settle it over the negotiating table?
If they choose the latter....then the "Border dispute" as you claim it is more a disagreement....

China and Pakistan on the other hand are a whole different story......

I hope this helps understand why whats an issue to you is lesser priority to us!

Who the hell is US to ask India for the report on Srilanka. If India does has the report it is related to Indian subcontinent not US backyard.

:no: As I said, nowadays only so limited numbers of Indians are sane and logical, and know how to read English and not to digress, such as Super Indian :tup:.

To Peshaw and others who are either willing to die millions for border issue, or show the amount that India invested in those disputing neighbors, or are willing to wait for 100+ years to solve them: none of your answers refuted my argument: India settles no land disputes with any of its neighbors. It is irrespective of how much you invested in that disputing country, irrespective how border dispute “doesn’t affect” your business or trade, irrespective how many you are willing your people to die, irrespective the length of rail way you claim to build or is building… simple fact: your disputed border with your neighbor has never settled.

NONE!

Logical reasoning! Logical reasoning, friends! China is your bigger trading partner than perhaps all your neighbors added, have you resolved you land disputes with China?

NONE!

Stop trolling about trend or progress or future or trade… blahblah, I’m not denying that. But please start answering one simple question with YES or NO: have you resolved any land dispute with any of your neighbors as of today?

simple question with YES or NO: have you resolved any land dispute with any of your neighbors as of today?

Yes Burma

A statement by Indian Defence Minister George Fernandes to the BBC in 2003, that Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had ‘donated’ the Coco Islands to Burma in the 1950s

It seems to have been a strategic mistake though.

as
They are supposedly leased to the People's Republic of China since 1994, according to various amateur sources

Coco Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also
transfer of the Island Kachchatheevu to Sri Lanka after 1974.
even that was a mistake as Sri Lankan Navy violates the terms of agreement signed during the transfer.
Under the treaty agreement of 1974, Indian fishermen have rights to rich fishing grounds in the territorial waters of Sri Lanka around Kachchativu

Sri Lankan Navy for killing and arresting over fishermen of 80 boats over January to March which maintained at least 2 NM Distance from Kachchatheevu and this time the government of India took combative operations against the SL Navy entering Indian Waters (till Jaffna) and killing Fishermen of India by employing missile ships and Coast guard ships monitoring the area for further action in needed.

Kachchatheevu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So we are not gonna be hasty in solving our border disputes,we"ll take our time.

Also China has solved some of the border issues but many still linger

Bhutan:Bhutanese enclaves in Tibet,Kula Kangri and mountainous areas to the west of this peak, plus the western Haa District of Bhutan,

South Korea:Socotra Rock

Vietnam:Macclesfield Bank

Japan:Okinotorishima,Senkaku Islands

Philippines:Scarborough Shoal

Vietnam, Philippines (part),Malaysia (part),Brunei (part) :Sparty Islands.

North & South Korea:Tumen River ,Yalu River

Solve these above ones and then come and talk about India :wave:

Last edited:
:no: As I said, nowadays only so limited numbers of Indians are sane and logical, and know how to read English and not to digress, such as Super Indian :tup:.

To Peshaw and others who are either willing to die millions for border issue, or show the amount that India invested in those disputing neighbors, or are willing to wait for 100+ years to solve them:none of your answers refuted my argument: India settles no land disputes with any of its neighbors. It is irrespective of how much you invested in that disputing country, irrespective how border dispute “doesn’t affect” your business or trade, irrespective how many you are willing your people to die, irrespective the length of rail way you claim to build or is building… simple fact: your disputed border with your neighbor has never settled.

NONE!

Logical reasoning! Logical reasoning, friends! China is your bigger trading partner than perhaps all your neighbors added, have you resolved you land disputes with China?

NONE!

Stop trolling about trend or progress or future or trade… blahblah, I’m not denying that. But please start answering one simple question with YES or NO: have you resolved any land dispute with any of your neighbors as of today?

You just proved my argument with the above......
The unresolved border dispute has not mitigated trade with our potential #1 enemy in fact its only growing year over year....India and China will not go to war because the lure of money superceeds that of land....LOL!
India's growth and development has not slowed down even with outstanding conflicts and border issues.....

So pray tell....whats our incentive to compromise to please our neighbiors?....LOL!

Im completely fine with Indian-Chinese-Pak-BD status Quo.......

Let me say what you want us to say....

Yes we Indians are aggressive when it comes to defending whats ours...We wont just alienate Indians and pack them off to a foreign country as a Fake symbolic gesture to please our neighbors....we already have a lot of neighbors doing that.....
We care not to settle our land disputes which dont work in our favor
Indian interests come first....they most definitely take precedence over trying to please our neighbors.....
We have spent life and money on maintaining our sovereignty on Indian lands...and will continue to do so....

And guess what....Im not a least bit ashamed to put my country before what anyone thinks!

Last edited:

We have more English-speaking people than there are Americans. Keep that in mind.

How many Americans can solve 345 X 456 in less than a minute without using a calculator? Whatever number you come up with, multiply it by 10. We have that many Indians who can.

To Peshaw and others who are either willing to die millions for border issue, or show the amount that India invested in those disputing neighbors, or are willing to wait for 100+ years to solve them: none of your answers refuted my argument: India settles no land disputes with any of its neighbors. It is irrespective of how much you invested in that disputing country, irrespective how border dispute “doesn’t affect” your business or trade, irrespective how many you are willing your people to die, irrespective the length of rail way you claim to build or is building… simple fact: your disputed border with your neighbor has never settled.

Talk about English and you are unable to comprehend a few basic paragraphs?

Read it aloud buddy:

India will solve its disputes on its own terms. We were not powerful enough earlier to have the backing of strength while negotiating with our neighbors. As we become more and more powerful and get into a comforting position as far as negotiations based on strength are concerned, our neighbours will see the writing on the wall. The day that happens, all disputes will get resolved. Until that day comes, we are willing to buy time and wait meanwhile making ourselves stronger by the day. It was in this respect that I said, If we have to wait 100 years, so be it, if we have to kill in millions, so be it, if we have to die in tens of millions, so be it BUT WE WILL NOT COMPROMISE ON OUR TERRITORIAL INTEGRITY.

But probably it is beyond your ken to infer the implied connotations of a piece of text.

The day China treats us as equals and shows the willingness to solve the disputes will be the day when those disputes will cease to exist. But probably, being an American, you are more used to Master-Slave foreign policy than Near-Peer foreign policy. I wouldn't blame you for that.

I hope you've got your answer, if still not, read my signature.:wave:

Last edited:
@ Patrcian

That guy is not American.He is just too ashamed to show his true nationality.............

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?

Land disputes, buddy! Land disputes!

Yes Burma

It seems to have been a strategic mistake though.

as

Coco Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not a land dispute. It's marinetime dispute.

Also
transfer of the Island Kachchatheevu to Sri Lanka after 1974.
even that was a mistake as Sri Lankan Navy violates the terms of agreement signed during the transfer.

Kachchatheevu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So we are not gonna be hasty in solving our border disputes,we"ll take our time.

Also China has solved some of the border issues but many still linger

Bhutan:Bhutanese enclaves in Tibet,Kula Kangri and mountainous areas to the west of this peak, plus the western Haa District of Bhutan,

Yes, Bhutan is supposedly to seal a border deal with China in, if my memory is correct, 2008. But India told Bhutan not to strike the deal. Instead, it asked Bhutan to get extra couple k of areas from China. Thus, Bhutan's issue is in principal solved, but India is putting its dirty hand in between.

In 2002, China presented claims of evidence regarding ownership of disputed tracts of land; after negotiations, an interim agreement was reached.[2]

Bhutan ? People's Republic of China relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

South Korea:Socotra Rock

Vietnam:Macclesfield Bank

Japan:Okinotorishima,Senkaku Islands

Philippines:Scarborough Shoal

Vietnam, Philippines (part),Malaysia (part),Brunei (part) :Sparty Islands.

North & South Korea:Tumen River ,Yalu River

Solve these above ones and then come and talk about India :wave:

China resovles all land disputes with all its neighbors except India; and India resolves no land disputes with any of its neighbors. -- my initial statement. It does not matter your are in hasty or not, or going to compromise or not. You simply hasn't resolved any land disputes with any of your neighbors. :hitwall:

Essetially, you don't understand English. So, go away and don't bother me. :lol:

Last edited:
We have more English-speaking people than there are Americans. Keep that in mind.

How many Americans can solve 345 X 456 in less than a minute without using a calculator? Whatever number you come up with, multiply it by 10. We have that many Indians who can.

Stop trolling!

That dosen't mean those who speak English understand what they are speaking, :lol: like 10 times more many of you here! :bounce:

Talk about English and you are unable to comprehend a few basic paragraphs?

Read it aloud buddy:

India will solve its disputes on its own terms. We were not powerful enough earlier to have the backing of strength while negotiating with our neighbors. As we become more and more powerful and get into a comforting position as far as negotiations based on strength are concerned, our neighbours will see the writing on the wall. The day that happens, all disputes will get resolved. Until that day comes, we are willing to buy time and wait meanwhile making ourselves stronger by the day. It was in this respect that I said, If we have to wait 100 years, so be it, if we have to kill in millions, so be it, if we have to die in tens of millions, so be it BUT WE WILL NOT COMPROMISE ON OUR TERRITORIAL INTEGRITY.

But probably it is beyond your ken to infer the implied connotations of a piece of text.

The day China treats us as equals and shows the willingness to solve the disputes will be the day when those disputes will cease to exist. But probably, being an American, you are more used to Master-Slave foreign policy than Near-Peer foreign policy. I wouldn't blame you for that.

I hope you've got your answer, if still not, read my signature.:wave:

Thank you :cheers: for confirming my statement again - India resolves no land disputes with any of its neighbors. :devil:

Yes, Bhutan is supposedly to seal a border deal with China in, if my memory is correct, 2008. But India told Bhutan not to strike the deal. Instead, it asked Bhutan to get extra couple k of areas from China. Thus, Bhutan's issue is in principal solved, but India is putting its dirty hand in between.

China resovles all land disputes with all its neighbors except India; and India resolves no land disputes with any of its neighbors. -- my initial statement. It does not matter your are in hasty or not, you simply hasn't resolved any land disputes with any of your neighbors. :hitwall:

Essetially, you don't understand English. So, go away and don't bother me. :lol:

YOU SEEM TO BE VERY PROUD OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH MR. GPIT AND IRONICALLY YOU HAVE USED THE WORD 'MARINETIME' 9 TIMES IN YOUR POST.

NOW LET ME GIVE YOU A SHOCKER,

THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS MARINETIME. IT'S MARITIME:lol:

TRY TO GET YOURSELF CORRECT BEFORE POINTING OUT OTHERS' MISTAKES.

ENGLISH IS NOT HIS NATIVE LANGUAGE BUT YOURS IT IS.

Talk about false sense of pride huh?:cheesy:

Oh and honey please don't bother to reply. You got owned. Accept it and move on.:wave:

UHHHH...LET ME PUT THAT IN CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE IT'S EASY FOR KIDS TO COMPREHEND THINGS THAT WAY.

YOU GOT OWNED...BABY!:rofl:

Last edited:
YOU SEEM TO BE VERY PROUD OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH MR. GPIT AND IRONICALLY YOU HAVE USED THE WORD 'MARINETIME' 9 TIMES IN YOUR POST.

NOW LET ME GIVE YOU A SHOCKER,

THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS MARINETIME. IT'S MARITIME:lol:

TRY TO GET YOURSELF CORRECT BEFORE POINTING OUT OTHERS' MISTAKES.

ENGLISH IS NOT HIS NATIVE LANGUAGE BUT YOURS IT IS.

Talk about false sense of pride huh?:cheesy:

Oh and honey please don't bother to reply. You got owned. Accept it and move on.:wave:

This guy surely got owned big time....

BTW..as i said before Patrician,this guy is no American,he just too ashamed to show his real colours..

Should have changed the title..............the US wants a report about the sheep from the wolf..................

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Land or maritime disputes ,irrespective of what so ever are territorial disputes at the end of the day.

Also maritime dispute is about coastal boundaries and who controls the waters surrounding ,In the mentioned above post ,Islands have been transferred and term "Island" has "land" for a reason.

When your own post contradicts your point that China has solved all of its land disputes with neighbors except India.,then you resort to Indophobic verbal diarrhea,lacking any proof.

And Don't bother replying.
i'm busy right now,so i"ll ignore you some other time.

ontopic

A question for Sri Lanka.

If India doesn't give this report to USA or UN.

Will the Sri Lankan Navy guarantee it will not violate and uphold the 1974 agreement on
Kachchatheevu?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom