What's new

US urges India to avoid Pakistan-centric policies

Nope. You try and read the book.

The agenda was to get the response from you that we got. The events transpired exactly as we wanted them to.

complete and utter hogwash

OK. But the former is a real and present danger.

Let's wait and watch. Hopefully we will both be here when the events transpire.

sure

complete and utter hogwash

The book name is "Engaging India".

A fascinating book that talks about the diplomacy between US and India and US and Pakistan. By a person who was in the know of things at that critical time.

The contrast is pretty amazing. An interesting read.

Why would it be Pakistan specific? it was China specific - Pakistan did not have nukes for India to be worried about.

You are seriously not telling me that India wouldn't have held it over pakistan's head during war times. Pakistan and India fought almost 3 wars without any permanent solution so i dont think that indian policy maker would have differentiated. It is not a matter of using them on other countries but having a psychological edge.

It was my feeble attempt to troll my country men with their ridiculous assumptions of grandeur. History alludes everyone in both countries with versions and predictions of its future that would make a brown man blush.

Sorry my bad.

You are seriously not telling me that India wouldn't have held it over pakistan's head during war times. Pakistan and India fought almost 3 wars without any permanent solution so i dont think that indian policy maker would have differentiated. It is not a matter of using them on other countries but having a psychological edge.

The concerns were totally different in 1970's when the program was launched - the concerns those times for India were China and the West - Pakistan was in shambles after losing in 1971 - so why exactly would India be wanting nukes to be Pakistan specific? Even now India has NFU so does China - and Pakistan does not - what does that tell you? Pakistan's nukes are India specific - India's are China specific and as a deterrent.

Who here denied that our nukes are not india centric?

And what makes you people so rambunctious and talking about nukes when the chances of any nukes in this day and age leaving their silos is so minimal.

It's a credible deterrent (one of plenty) against the occasional beliggerance and episodes of the neighbour country

The concerns were totally different in 1970's when the program was launched - the concerns those times for India were China and the West - Pakistan was in shambles after losing in 1971 - so why exactly would India be wanting nukes to be Pakistan specific? Even now India has NFU so does China - and Pakistan does not - what does that tell you? Pakistan's nukes are India specific - India's are China specific and as a deterrent.

Who told you that we have a First use policy? It is in our doctrine to use them as a last resort. Entire world can see where Indian focus is as explained by this thread. We are not the ones preparing cold start doctrines.

Who told you that we have a First use policy? It is in our doctrine to use them as a last resort. Entire world can see where Indian focus is as explained by this thread. We are not the ones preparing cold start doctrines.

I am losing you here - weren't we discussing whether India's nuclear program was Pak specific or not? I gave the instance of NFU of both India and China while Pakistan does not have that - if our nukes were Pakistan specific wouldn't we have imitated you? India's nuke program was to counter China's while Pakistan's was to counter India's.

Cold start doctrine was to make Indian troops capable to raise forces at short notices - it was Pakistani specific because it was aimed at eliminating terrorist camps in Pakistan.

Do you know the comparison of defence budgets of India and Pakistan, do you really think India will need Nukes against Pakistan. :rofl:

We are talking about 1998. Everyone knows where indian economy was at that time.

I am losing you here - weren't we discussing whether India's nuclear program was Pak specific or not? I gave the instance of NFU of both India and China while Pakistan does not have that - if our nukes were Pakistan specific wouldn't we have imitated you? India's nuke program was to counter China's while Pakistan's was to counter India's.

Cold start doctrine was to make Indian troops capable to raise forces at short notices - it was Pakistani specific because it was aimed at eliminating terrorist camps in Pakistan.

I was just trying to point out how much india is focused on pakistan. The situation in 1998 was even worse than it is now.

I was just trying to point out how much india is focused on pakistan. The situation in 1998 was even worse than it is now.

Only the military part and you know the reason why too, India and China will soon have a joint mechanism on our borders - so what's left for our military is Pakistan.

Situation in 1998?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom