What's new

US urges India to avoid Pakistan-centric policies

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
US urges India to avoid Pakistan-centric policies

WASHINGTON, Sept 22: The United States has urged India to “break out of the subcontinental box” and not to make Pakistan–centric policies.

A transcript released in Washington quotes US Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence James Clad as telling a group of retired Indian generals and diplomats that the United States has de-hyphenated its relations with India from its relations with Pakistan and New Delhi should do the same.

Pakistan, he said, has a key position in the US-led war against terrorism and Washington wants to help that country overcome the problems it’s facing. “We look forward to the resumption of electoral democracy in Pakistan,” Mr Clad said.

“We are obliged to work with Pakistan and see the desirability of stability in that country.”

The senior Pentagon policymaker also rejected the suggestion that the United States wanted to lure India into a military alliance to counter China’s influence in Asia.

“There is no master plan to lure India (into a military alliance); there is no grand design for India,” Mr Clad said.

“We are not setting out some strategic blueprint and want that other countries will join in a subservient role.”

Indian politicians, including some in the ruling coalition, have repeatedly accused the United States of offering a nuclear deal to India to lure it into a grand military alliance aimed at achieving US goals in Asia.

US urges India to avoid Pakistan-centric policies -DAWN - Top Stories; September 23, 2007

Since when is India Pakistan centric? 1947? And how realistic to become non pakistancentric is it when you have large border? It is like asking USA to stop acting Irac centric (oil), Cuba centric ("democracy") or Israel centric (jewish population)... Then we have forgotten a lot of other centrics... :)

The fact is that US is selling nuclear material to non NPT country for specific reasons. Pakistan and India will do just fine.

lolz
niaz do you think US has cautioned India due to its (US) love for Pakistan eh??

The warning came after some indication of India's involvement in Pakistan to malighn CIA of prepraring sabotage activities inside Pakistan.
So you can guess why US had warned India
Let me come 2mrw and i will post in deatail.

India is Pakistan centric because of the history.

Unfortunate, but true!

The Communist feel that all this bonhomie is because the US wants to rope in India in its strategic ambit.

It always have been pakistan centric no matter how much the indians deny this fact. I'm amazed how Mr. Salim accepted it.
Anyhow india doesnt make her policies regarding US wishes, they had been pakistan centric and they will be pakistan centric. We shouldnt expect some one from outside to help us out of it, instead do something ourselves about it.

Ofcourse Indian policy has been Pakistan centric, and partially concerned with China. What do you expect with Nuclear tipped missiles pointed at you ?

Salaams to all,

Kind of odd, how America at first gives nuclear techology to India, then they tell India not to be Pakistan-centric... LOL... Thats proposterous!

I'm still slighty confused why the Americans gave India some Nuclear technology...

Like it doesn't make much sense...

Allah Hafiz

Just visit BRF and see how Pakistan centric some topics are.

Hi,

It gets really funny when pakistanis talk about U S giving nuclear tech to india-----and then forget the rest. What they don't know and have not been told that all the pioneering scientists of the pakistani nuclear technology programme were educated and trained in the U S, U K / Canada. Throughout the 50's 60's 70's and 80's pakistani students and scientists were coming to the U S and taking the knowledge and training back home alongwith the contacts they had developed over the years of their stay and training. So, if the U S didnot give us thereactor, it did provide us with the knowledge to run and manage one.

Our pakistani scientists for the longest time period were living the same lifestyle and working similiars hours as they did in britain and the U S. Their living and working environment was not different than that of their counterpart in america. I know it for a fact because one of my uncles was a principal scientific officer and also at one time principal reactor school and I lived with him for awhile.

The failure of not getting more from the U S is incidently the a failing of the govt. Pakistanis were not able to make a better deal with the americans when they handed over their bases to the americans. It was basically not knowing when to ask for what and how to ask for how much when america was desperately in need of help.

Just visit BRF and see how Pakistan centric some topics are.

Munir I just could help noticing how much "BRF centric" you are. :crazy:

I just dont know if any Pakistani had or has ever gone to put forth his views on BRF.

BTW the BR website is awesome and beats Pakdef any given day.

Admin Edit: I wonder when you were released? I thought you were banned? Go back to your BR now. :lol:

India is Pakistan centric because of the history.

Unfortunate, but true!.

yeh Pakistanis=Muslims
and Muslims ruled over India for 700 years keepin Hindus under their rule.
And at end we divided their land
So indeed they would be Pakistan centric forever.

The Communist feel that all this bonhomie is because the US wants to rope in India in its strategic ambit.

And Sir you think they are wrong to feel that??
indeed Rusians are watching it closely and its an open secrete that Indo-Rusian relations are not passing through the same way these used to be isnt it??

In big games one has to sacrifice some old friends to embrace old foes or less friendly ones

yeh Pakistanis=Muslims
and Muslims ruled over India for 700 years keepin Hindus under their rule.
And at end we divided their land
So indeed they would be Pakistan centric forever.
See, this is where we think your wrong. Muslims are Indians. Indians ruled India for 700 or 7000 years, it does not matter whether they were hindu's or muslims. You THINK that muslims ruled so Pakistani's ruled, but thats not true.

hehe. Neways, stop living in the past jana, your a journalist i take it, yet you show a third rate hindsight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom