What's new

US should do more to boost India's defence capabilities

Off course , because we are not manufacturing it that's why it's so costly ...

Why same LED TV should otherwise cost less in developed country like Singapore ....

Do you know what is the contribution of electronic items import to current CAD ....it's huge !

We could save precious foreign exchange had we been able to manufacture such electronic goods within our country which aspires to be Super power ....

I absolutely agree with you. No self respecting country will depend on others to make itself progressive .
India should stop on expecting big countries to help it ....

Answer is.... Do it yourself !

I totally agree.....i think india cannot even produce the chipset for nokia 3310!!
Nokia-3310-02.jpg

That's the whole point. That east Asian countries are able to manufacture electronic goods a lot less price than India can, despite labour being cheaper in India. That has everything to do with manufacturing.

Why do you think the same thing costs almost twice in India than in Bangkok? Because our manufacturing sector is not competitive enough to give the same bang for buck.

India had better industrialize fast and drastically improve her manufacturing base, if she wants to stay competitive. 60% of the population working in subsistence farming is simply not an economic model that can succeed in the 21rst century. The time for that ended in the 19th century.

If something as simple as LCD TV , LED TVs etc our people need to export ...and spend precious foreign exchange what is the use of our manufacturing capability....Truth is that our governments have simply ignored this over last decade .

and now they have simply banned import of duty free electronic items ...Our governments simply worsk at spinal level and gives Knee jerk reactions ....without going into depth of problem ...

Is it so difficult so creat manufacturing hub in country of billion people ....

People often talk of China ....we are nowhere near to China.

This country has done it in painstaking way . today they are leaders in electronic manufacturing ....

and where are we ?

We should forget about competing with China !!!

Great potential of our hard working population has been wasted by government ....

India could have been Global hub for manufacturing for its cheap labor and massive young working population ....

And such golden opportunity has been squandered by our short sighted , vision-less government !!!

Such is the situation of manufacturing section in India and I am amazed as some people expect US to do JV with India ....

We need some serious reality-check !

Ppl abuse me everytime i say this thing............our manufacturing growth in the last 2 quarters has been NEGATIVE!!!

I do not think India can achieve its dream of becoming a power house by balancing between both the East(Russia) and the West(USA)....it is time you jump on one boat(preferably east) and move forward....Also you should work on you relationship with both China and Pakistan....Think about the west....If the US had animosity with England or Canada the whole west would have lagged behind....Their powerhouses work together....our power houses fight each other!

I do not think India can achieve its dream of becoming a power house by balancing between both the East(Russia) and the West(USA)....it is time you jump on one boat(preferably east) and move forward....Also you should work on you relationship with both China and Pakistan....Think about the west....If the US had animosity with England or Canada the whole west would have lagged behind....Their powerhouses work together....our power houses fight each other!

man hope everyone of us had these thoughts..........excellent point dude but they have one unifying factor

religion

Right now they seem to be more concerned about sexual violence in India than defence or anything else.

why you are not concerned about it ?

It's quite obvious that India-haters would be looking for some brownie points to settle scores ....but does that really take away seriousness of what is happening in our Beloved India ?

why you are not concerned about it ?

It's quite obvious that India-haters would be looking for some brownie points to settle scores ....but does that really take away seriousness of what is happening in our Beloved India ?

Who says I am not concerned about it ? I am Indian , I am obviously concerned about it.

What is happening in India ? Rapes right ? They happen everywhere. There are on an average more than 300 rapes in America each day ( very conservative estimate), yet their media particularly CNN is more worried about rapes in India. There is an agenda behind it. Do you really think somebody sitting in America cares about Indian women ? It's just a way for them to reinforce their stereotypes about India and satisfy their racist readership.

Irrespective of this, I do believe it is our responsibility as Indian to provide security to men, women and children in this country.

Who says I am not concerned about it ? I am Indian , I am obviously concerned about it.

What is happening in India ? Rapes right ? They happen everywhere. There are on an average more than 300 rapes in America each day ( very conservative estimate), yet their media particularly CNN is more worried about rapes in India. there is an agenda behind it. Do you really think somebody sitting in America cares about Indian women ? It's just a way for them to reinforce their stereotypes about India and satisfy their racist readership.

See our society is at a transforming phase right now,,,,,ppl who have never even touched a girl come to cities and are shocked to see the level of openness here and this is the crux of majority of rapes(not all)............it will improve with time and law enforcement has nothing to do with this
And yes our media also goes crazy for trp's

What is happening in India ? Rapes right ? They happen everywhere. There are on an average more than 300 rapes in America each day ( very conservative estimate), yet their media particularly CNN is more worried about rapes in India. There is an agenda behind it. Do you really think somebody sitting in America cares about Indian women ? It's just a way for them to reinforce their stereotypes about India and satisfy their racist readership.

Irrespective of this, I do believe it is our responsibility as Indian to provide security to men, women and children in this country.

I absolutely agree that a sustained negative campaign is going on ...however the numbers are not cooked ...they are based on facts .

We have to face the truth ....last thing we want is to go in denial like our neighbors and sleep over the problem till it has reached point of no return !

Whatever is motive for people to bring up the issue of rapes ...we should not feel being pushed to the wall and react or counter-react ...and in the process simply deny the truth !

If you happen to visit other countries you would know the difference ...how women are treated !

There is some fundamental flaw with our social system ...which has resulted in this even increasing evil phenomenon of Rapes .

I will simply say ....Don't shoot the messenger ...even if he brings bad news to you !!!

See our society is at a transforming phase right now,,,,,ppl who have never even touched a girl come to cities and are shocked to see the level of openness here and this is the crux of majority of rapes(not all)............it will improve with time and law enforcement has nothing to do with this
And yes our media also goes crazy for trp's

Agree with everything that you say, however, don't agree with the law enforcement part. They can do better, much better.

I absolutely agree that a sustained negative campaign is going on ...however the numbers are not cooked ...they are based on facts .

We have to face the truth ....last thing we want is to go in denial like our neighbors and sleep over the problem till it has reached point of no return !

Whatever is motive for people to bring up the issue of rapes ...we should not feel being pushed to the wall and react or counter-react ...and in the process simply deny the truth !

If you happen to visit other countries you would know the difference ...how women are treated !

There is some fundamental flaw with our social system ...which has resulted in this even increasing evil phenomenon of Rapes .

I will simply say ....Don't shoot the messenger ...even if he brings bad news to you !!!

Yes. Completely agree with you.

But, if the messenger deliberately ignores the good news and only keeps bringing bad news and publicises it around the world in spite of similar things happening in most parts of the world, one has to question the agenda of the messenger.

Questioning the messenger's agenda does not mean that we are denying the existence of the problem. The two things are unrelated.

Rapes happen everywhere ....they have been happening since ages ...
Our mythological stories are replete with stories of rape ....

Our Gods have been cursed and condemned with committing rapes ...

Yet for a 5000 year civilization that we boast of ourselves ....

and the country of treating women as goddesses that we talk of ourselves ....It's matter of great shame .

whatever are the social upheaval that India is passing through ....we have failed to safeguard great traditions of our civilization ...

we have failed to protect women in society ....it is bitter truth we can't deny ....or this truth can't be made palatable with generic sugar coated statements like Rapes happen everywhere ....!

Agree with everything that you say, however, don't agree with the law enforcement part. They can do better, much better.

Yes. Completely agree with you.

But, if the messenger deliberately ignores the good news and only keeps bringing bad news and publicises it around the world in spite of similar things happening in most parts of the world, one has to question the agenda of the messenger.

Questioning the messenger's agenda does not mean that we are denying the existence of the problem. The two things are unrelated.

why are we so afraid about messenger's agenda ?

We are giving more and more fodder to messenger right !

Our focus should be to tackle the burning problem ...once we manage to curb problem ...the messengers mouth will be shut up automatically ....

frankly speaking nobody had spoken about anything about rapes in this particular thread before ...it was you who simply brought it up ....

Why you are being so apprehensive and defensive ?

Simply admit the truth if somebody brings it up than fight it .....

Back
Top Bottom