What's new

US should do more to boost India's defence capabilities

See our society is at a transforming phase right now,,,,,ppl who have never even touched a girl come to cities and are shocked to see the level of openness here and this is the crux of majority of rapes(not all)............it will improve with time and law enforcement has nothing to do with this
And yes our media also goes crazy for trp's

Media is eyes and ears ...of Democratic country !

Whatever may be the motive of media....it has succeeded in bringing important issue to the focus ...

I doubt if the things are going to improve with time ...

rather I clearly see further deterioration ...and worsening of this problem !

Truth is we are sexually repressed country !!!

This is compounded by liberalization that ensued after we embraced western values ....

It's very dangerous combination ...sexual repression ignited with unbridled greed, want ,desire brought by materialism .....

there is no stoppage to monster that this deadly combination has brought !!!

India and the US can work out joint ventures to upgrade defence capabilities if New Delhi is perceived as 'a friend and a focal point' in Asia, former Indian Army chief Gen (retd) V K Singh has said.

There is great scope for cooperation in defence technology between the two sides and things will move at a faster pace if Indian military officials are given a greater role in talks with the US, Singh told PTI in an interview.

'There is a great (scope for) cooperation that can be worked out as a joint venture between the two to upgrade capabilities if the US thinks that India is a friend and a focal point for it in Asia,' he said.

'If you look at the policies, it is looked at from that point of view some time back. But that now has to be converted into concrete action.'

Noting that the US is a hub of technology, Singh said there is so much that can be shared in the armament, aviation and naval sectors that it can ensure great economic benefit to the US and technological benefit to India.

'I think there is some reservation in the US on sharing this technology with India. I think it is to mutual advantage of both countries,' he said.

India is looking at technology, and not hardware. 'It has got great capabilities, especially the private sector in India, to manufacture anything, provided the technology is available,' he said.

Singh claimed the Indian system dominated by bureaucrats is preventing 'real military-to-military' talks between India and the US and, as a result, the real potential of defence ties between the world's two largest democracies is not being realised.

Singh, the only Indian general to be inducted into the International Fellow Hall of Fame at the prestigious US Army War College, pushed for strong defence ties between the two sides when he headed the Indian Army during March 2010-February 2012.

US should do more to boost India's defence capabilities: V K Singh | Business Standard

India has already received from the US Warmongers and War Criminals massive weaponry and technology tranfers inorder to contain China which should be a formidable adversary for India to beg for more weapons and technology while China is the only BRIC country to be under total weapons and technology embargoes. Even Vietnam which is a communist country like China and which had fought a bloody war against the GI Joes is not under weapons embargoes.
India has already received from the US the following: C 17 Globemaster, new C 130, LPD warship, cluster bombs, P 8 Poseidon and India is planning to obtain from the US, the M 777 Hotwitzer, Apache Gunships, etc from Italy replenishment ship and Otomelera cannon, from France Scopene Submarines and Rafale, from Israel Barak 8, more Tavor, Iron Dome etc, from russia more Su 30 MKI etc. Now India should be called Weaponsland instead of Scatland. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

His point is valid......we don't manufacture even low quality lcd's here,,,,,,,we just assemble the stuff

point is lack of expertise and intellectual ability agreed! but manufacturing also has something to do with logistics , infra and taxation...even private companies with the expertise and will cannot do anything when govt doesn't provide the above...e.g Micromax leading Indian brand with enoungh capital and r&d still has to manufacture its handsets abroad.. bcos of our naive babus

why are we so afraid about messenger's agenda ?

We are giving more and more fodder to messenger right !

Our focus should be to tackle the burning problem ...once we manage to curb problem ...the messengers mouth will be shut up automatically ....

frankly speaking nobody had spoken about anything about rapes in this particular thread before ...it was you who simply brought it up ....

Why you are being so apprehensive and defensive ?

Simply admit the truth if somebody brings it up than fight it .....

Unfortunately rape/ sexual harassment is an evil that will never vanish from any society. Yes, it can and should be reduced. However, if someone wants to highlight every such instance and portray all men of the country as animals, then I will take issue with such stereotyping and I have every right to.

You simply assume that I am apprehensive or defensive, I am just wondering why the Western media especially American is slandering the whole country right now and not even bothering to look into its own or any other country's backyard. Let me ask you something, is there any other country in the world especially the third world that is taking the problem of sexual violence as seriously as India? Yet my country and its men get labeled . It is demoralising and dehumanising.

I made this statement-

Right now they only bothered about sexual violence in India , not defence or anything else.

I made the statement in the context of the thread , you completely took the discussion off-track.

India has already received from the US Warmongers and War Criminals massive weaponry and technology tranfers inorder to contain China which should be a formidable adversary for India to beg for more weapons and technology while China is the only BRIC country to be under total weapons and technology embargoes. Even Vietnam which is a communist country like China and which had fought a bloody war against the GI Joes is not under weapons embargoes.
India has already received from the US the following: C 17 Globemaster, new C 130, LPD warship, cluster bombs, P 8 Poseidon and India is planning to obtain from the US, the M 777 Hotwitzer, Apache Gunships, etc from Italy replenishment ship and Otomelera cannon, from France Scopene Submarines and Rafale, from Israel Barak 8, more Tavor, Iron Dome etc, from russia more Su 30 MKI etc. Now India should be called Weaponsland instead of Scatland. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

its natural to be pissed off watching your neighbor playing with all the goodies...dont worry u'll get used to it.. :)

Unfortunately rape/ sexual harassment is an evil that will never vanish from any society. Yes, it can and should be reduced. However, if someone wants to highlight every such instance and portray all men of the country as animals, then I will take issue with such stereotyping and I have every right to.

You simply assume that I am apprehensive or defensive, I am just wondering why the Western media especially American is slandering the whole country right now and not even bothering to look into its own or any other country's backyard. Let me ask you something, is there any other country in the world especially the third world that is taking the problem of sexual violence as seriously as India? Yet my country and its men get labeled . It is demoralising and dehumanising.

I made this statement-

Right now they only bothered about sexual violence in India , not defence or anything else.

I made the statement in the context of the thread , you completely took the discussion off-track.

Your gesture to make unrequired comment about sexual violence suggests sort of defensiveness !

" Itni bhi safai naa de mere dost
Ke Duniya tuzhe khatawaar na samjh le baithe.... "

I personally believe that India has the resilience to rise from the worst kinds of attacks , humiliations ....

Our country withstood 5000 years of onslaughts of invasions and yet managed to preserve its core even when it assimilated its invaders within its fold !!!

Therefore don't worry about negative campaign that is going on ....if at all it should benefit us ...by making us more cautious and more responsible !

One can never address problems by running away from it .

Act of making generic statements , sweeping observations , stereotyping whole community for act of one ...all these are marks of intellectual bankruptcy....
If you wish to fight same ...it's up to you ...

That's what I am saying ....there was no need to even make that remote reference to sexual violence ...in this particular thread ! when nobody had said anything about it ...and there was no need to quote it !!!

Having said that ...I have nothing against you and it's not my wish to hurt your sentiments and I stop this discussion from my side .

What is the use if the regime doesn't use these weapons and technology against enemies of the nation?

Every tom dick and harry is intruding now. Pakistan, China and now Myanmar. Next what? Maldives? Mauritius? Sri Lanka? Bangladesh? Afghanistan? Thailand?

No use of asking US for more support if we cannot use our current capability.

Your gesture to make unrequired comment about sexual violence suggests sort of defensiveness !

" Itni bhi safai naa de mere dost
Ke Duniya tuzhe khatawaar na samjh le baithe.... "

I personally believe that India has the resilience to rise from the worst kinds of attacks , humiliations ....

Our country withstood 5000 years of onslaughts of invasions and yet managed to preserve its core even when it assimilated its invaders within its fold !!!

Therefore don't worry about negative campaign that is going on ....if at all it should benefit us ...by making us more cautious and more responsible !

One can never address problems by running away from it .

Act of making generic statements , sweeping observations , stereotyping whole community for act of one ...all these are marks of intellectual bankruptcy....
If you wish to fight same ...it's up to you ...

That's what I am saying ....there was no need to even make that remote reference to sexual violence ...in this particular thread ! when nobody had said anything about it ...and there was no need to quote it !!!

Having said that ...I have nothing against you and it's not my wish to hurt your sentiments and I stop this discussion from my side .

It was just a light hearted jab at the Americans. It wasn't meant to start a discussion with a fellow Indian. Anyway, I end it right here from my end.

What is the use if the regime doesn't use these weapons and technology against enemies of the nation?

Every tom dick and harry is intruding now. Pakistan, China and now Myanmar. Next what? Maldives? Mauritius? Sri Lanka? Bangladesh? Afghanistan? Thailand?

Exactly, what we have right now is more than enough to handle any belligerent nation apart from China. Even with China we can afford to take a much tougher stand than we taking as of now.

point is lack of expertise and intellectual ability agreed! but manufacturing also has something to do with logistics , infra and taxation...even private companies with the expertise and will cannot do anything when govt doesn't provide the above...e.g Micromax leading Indian brand with enoungh capital and r&d still has to manufacture its handsets abroad.. bcos of our naive babus

Exactly we have the ability ...but what use if we do not exploit our potential ....we are being lead by bunch of idiots who have neither vision nor sight !!!

Micromax and Carbonn both have ability to be global players...we have not given them level playing field even to be national players ....

We can make cheapest tablet like Aakash...why do we then fail to market it ?

India has enormous potential to play global role but we are being kept down by our babus ...

Imagine how many jobs manufacturing sector can create for our young population ....

Today average age of India is 24 ... we have largest working population In world ....
if we harness this power...we can still transform our country into progressive nation ...

and if we fail to provide jobs to these youth , we will see spiraling social evils of unemployment that we are witnessing now !

Indeed it was most disheartening to read about intrusion of Myanmar army ... just shows up ...how much current regime at Centre has degraded our credibility in our own neighborhood ....

A country like Maldives had audacity to cancel legitimate project of Indian firm and what did our government did about it ...

In current circumstances even US have tried to distance from India .

US silence on ongong LOC violations speaks everything ....they are not enthusiastic about India as they were 5 years ago ....

and so this talk of JVs is an absolute hogwash for that reason....

To me one of the ironies of India is that it is the most "Christian-behaving" non-Christian nation of the world. India embodies the pacifist teachings of Jesus far better than most "Christian" nations. I guess the personality of Ghandi was suffused into the soul of India.

To me one of the ironies of India is that it is the most "Christian-behaving" non-Christian nation of the world. India embodies the pacifist teachings of Jesus far better than most "Christian" nations. I guess the personality of Ghandi was suffused into the soul of India.

I agree with you largely ...Only differing note is that it was Gandhi who was suffused with soul of India and not vice a versa ....India has been pacifist for ages way before Mahatma Gandhi ....

In 5000 yr old history of India she never attacked any country ...rather she sustained invasions after invasions ....

Pacifist nature of India was the reason why it's culture from Indo-china peninsula i.e Myanmyar, Thailand, Cambodia , Indonesia etc countries waned ...as it could not fight Islamic and Chinese invasion !!!

I agree with you largely ...Only differing note is that it was Gandhi who was suffused with soul of India and not vice a versa ....India has been pacifist for ages way before Mahatma Gandhi ....

In 5000 yr old history of India she never attacked any country ...rather she sustained invasions after invasions ....

Pacifist nature of India was the reason why it's culture from Indo-china peninsula i.e Myanmyar, Thailand, Cambodia , Indonesia etc countries waned ...as it could not fight Islamic and Chinese invasion !!!

When has there ever been a Chinese invasion into India?:what:

When has there ever been a Chinese invasion into India?:what:

I am talking about recession of Indian influence from Indo-China peninsula....i.e territory comprising of Myanmar ,Thailand ,Cambodia, Malaysia , Indonesia .

You can even today see vestiges of Indian culture scattered in these countries ....Indian influence came to end after Islamic and Chinese onslaught in these countries ....now majority population in these countries are Chinese / Mulsim but we can still see Hindu temples , gods, culture, hindu traditions ....

I simply meant to say Indian influence could not fight the Islamic and Chinese aggressive cultural invasion in these surrounding countries because of inherent pacifist virtue ( or vice ...whatever way you look at it ) !!!

It may seem ironic only if you mistakenly believe that pacifism is a Christian invention or a Christian virtue. It was formulated by Indians long before Christ was born, and practiced for long after. The concept of "ahimsa" (loosely translated as non violence in thought and action) was enunciated in the Vedas and Upanishads, and predates Jesus of Nazareth by millennia.

To quote Gandhi himself, "I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and ahimsa are as old as the hills."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahimsa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom